Nostalgia Thread

Chickenspleen

Funny thing, I basically joined the forum because I wanted to participate in the War RP. I had a fully fleshed-out character, too. He was supposed to be be this badass FBI agent type guy. I showed up too late, though.

Firedemon

Yeah, there were like, two or three people who tried to join late. I think you're the only one who wasn't horrible and actually stuck around the forum. We probably would have said yes, but I think we were up to like 12+ people by then.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Funny thing, I basically joined the forum because I wanted to participate in the War RP. I had a fully fleshed-out character, too. He was supposed to be be this badass FBI agent type guy. I showed up too late, though.
Seriously? That is awesome. I am so glad we did that, 'cause you're pretty cool.

We probably would have said yes, but I think we were up to like 12+ people by then.
At the initial signup, I'm pretty sure we had 21 people.

Requiem

I remember joining the forum in good old 2007. Had good grammer, got Adventurer in a week because of it.

Sad that's what the forum amounted to at the time. Get Adventurer because of your grammer, yeesh. Fair though, for the time, very fair.

Firedemon

Ocorn: "Hey, who's this guy Req? He doesn't talk like a dumb fuck or a twelve year old."
Maelstrom: "What's the difference?"
Chocobo: "I don't know who he is, but make him Adventurer!"

Don't even remember how those guys talked it was so long ago.

13thforsworn

I remember joining the forum in good old 2007. Had good grammer, got Adventurer in a week because of it.

Sad that's what the forum amounted to at the time. Get Adventurer because of your grammer, yeesh. Fair though, for the time, very fair.
I joined in about '08 and got -3 rep in about a week. I never recovered from it despite having spent like 50 days of real time on those old forums. T_T I got mod for the Gaming Events sub-board though along with Phat32, so there was that. :D

Colonel Thunder

I don't even remember when I joined, either in '08 or '09 I think. I got -3 in a couple of weeks as well. Actually got permabanned once when Rob mistook me for some guy that was harassing him on the Escapist. I got along really well with Kid Sister and Kitten, and eventually got to be the mod of the Inquirer board.

I had my own board! Me! A mod of a board! From an idea I created!

To me in high school that was practically my proudest moment.

Requiem

I got to be a mod. And then subsequently blamed when the guy who was causing trouble wasn't banned by me before he could cause trouble even though I told them all he was going to be trouble.

And now I remember how asinine that whole process was considering how I expected that sentence to be easy to follow, but really, really isn't.

13thforsworn

And now I remember how asinine that whole process was considering how I expected that sentence to be easy to follow, but really, really isn't.
Kinda reflects how much of a clusterfuck our roles as Heroes were. Explicitly act as janitors who delete spam, unless we have to ban people, even though we're only janitors.

Me when I came back from vacation following that incident:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Being a Hero was one hell of a lesson in the phrase "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Getting consistently bitched at if anything went wrong, regardless of what you did or didn't do. It fucking sucked.

Requiem

Yep! That's why I'm ironically happy for Rob that he got a whole bunch of people to essentially suck his dick and do what whatever he wanted once he got the Buffalo Wizards together. I genuinely like each of the people he runs with and does video content with, but none of them have any sort of voice or say in what goes on and they let him run the show.

If only we'd known years ago that essentially "working for Rob" meant participating in an absolute shit show. He operates better when he runs everything anyways. That and since he and Sugar divorced a few years back, he's better off than he was before. Everything's weird as fuck and he's probably gonna explode one day from all the pressure, but at least it'll be all his fault.

And I feel like I should think of myself as a terrible human being for even saying all this, but I honestly don't. Weird.

Colonel Thunder

I'm not sure what to think about Rob. He was unintentionally a big part of me growing up. It's kind of like when you become friends with someone you really looked up to as a kid, and as you hang out more you realize that they have glaring faults just like everyone else, and in some ways even more so.

Top Bottom