Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Looked up the law for Texas and it looks like the handgun can be fully loaded and carried openly legally. So there's that. Since the licence allows for concealed carry also, in my opinion there isn't a reason not to just conceal your handgun anyway.

Firedemon

Exactly. My problem is that because you can carry openly, people ranging from ignorant to arrogant will choose to carry openly rather than concealed. Thus causing problems for themselves and indirectly everyone around them.

TimTh33nchant3r

One might ask the same question of hockey sticks. Curved piece of wood? Check. Handedness matters? Check. Perhaps Tirin would like to weigh in?

The Hound

Just Monika
I guess I should have said it's a flat piece of curved wood, the hockey stick is curved in.... Ok fine I just didn't know shit about boomerangs, it was surprising.

Also discussing curves was forcing me to try and remember math terms and my brain melted down.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
One might ask the same question of hockey sticks. Curved piece of wood? Check. Handedness matters? Check. Perhaps Tirin would like to weigh in?
I don't play shit for hockey. M'also not too familiar with how boomerangs work, and thus whether or not the handedness matters; if they curve symmetrically, I'd assume not, but I'm far from an expert.

The Hound

Just Monika
I don't play shit for hockey. M'also not too familiar with how boomerangs work, and thus whether or not the handedness matters; if they curve symmetrically, I'd assume not, but I'm far from an expert.
Thank you Tirin for explaining the math bit I knew but could not put into words.

AndyM03

They are not Symmetrical, (Although they do look it) one side is heavier then the other I believe, I think that's how it sort of changes direction and comes back to you, along with the curved wood helping the aerodynamics of the motion. That's all I recall from like, Year 6 camp.

Salsy

CLIPS

Lumpy

Mine boils down to: If you open carry you're making yourself a target. If you open carry a rifle (which is actually legal without any licensing or training in Texas), you're an idiot and a target. Not just from the logic of "He has a gun, shoot him first" but also because a gun is valuable. How much do you think an AR-15 is worth? Before or after someone shoots you in the back, lifts it off your corpse, and files the serial number off? And speaking of shooting, bringing a knife to a gun fight is surprisingly effective. Aside from the casually walking up to someone with a gun and stabbing them repeatedly and unexpectedly tactic, you can outright charge someone head on with a knife and cover a surprising amount of distance before they have time to draw a pistol from a holster and shoot you. Police are taught in training that an attacker can cover 21 feet in that time, often called the Tueller Rule.
Why do you think about doing these things to people, Fire?

Lumpy

Concealed carry is of course always better than open carry. That said, I don't see why it's a problem if someone wants to open carry. You don't blame a woman for her clothing if some random guy grabs her tits, I don't see why you should blame her if someone grabbed her gun.

Top Bottom