Ended Pally and Ro3's Maquerade Mafia - Night 4

Requiem

Confirmed to be watching from the sidelines. I'm rooting for youma's cute man butt.

Also good on you for being active here, Youma, at least in mafia. <3

The Polly

Since TC was only joining to make sure the slot was filled, I'm taking his place. I'm back, boys and girls. Also, if I can get a mod to allow me to make future posts without approval on a per-post basis, that'd be swell.

Pally

The assembled guests milled around in the foyer, the room vibrating with the low murmur of quiet conversation. Behind the elaborate masks endemic to the Masquerade were some of the most powerful and wealthy individuals in the world. A shiver goes down your spine as you contemplate the political and financial power wielded in this one room alone.
With a tinkling of metal on glass the guests attention is drawn to a well dressed lady standing at the top of the banister leading to the second floor of the manor. To say her dress is elaborate is an understatement. A massive and frilly thing of white and purple silks encrusted with gems makes it quite clear the Contessa wanted to impress.
"Dear guests, buona serata. Good evening. Tonight we come together, not to bask in the things we have built. To revel in the success we have shared.
La fortunadi cui godiamo. Si. This night we have no badge of office, no titles. The mask hides who we are and come to drink and be merry. No grudges will be had here, no enemies to face. Una notte di costume. So, miei amici, please. Proceed to the ballroom, and my the follia of the night grip you firmly. Grazie."
A round of strong applause ripples through the room, and already you here laughter as the Contessa's accented speech loosens the tense atmosphere in the room. Fools they are, for you know the true stakes of tonight's party. Heading into the room with the other guests, you ready yourself for the game ahead.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Day 1 Start

Lotus

I don't hate no lynching on day 1. I find the odds of aiding the troublemakers is too high to make it feasible. The only real point for day 1, in my opinion, is to scum hunt. Day 1 is usually the day that most scum make those silly mistakes that get them caught like a rat.

For example, you wanting to rush to the night phase because you're eager to use your night action. Got my eye on you, Man-in-the-White-Ranger-Mask.

Redfrank

heyo. well, first off. do we have to kill people every day? can we not kill people every day?

generally I like to not kill off people because you might hit a good guy.

The Polly

heyo. well, first off. do we have to kill people every day?
No, we can vote to no lynch, which is occasionally a good decision (See: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mislynch-and-Lose), but not on day 1. Our goal for today is to place pressure on various people to see who, if anyone, defends them, as well as to get a sense of everyone's playstyle without information about the game-state, so that if someone's play changes, we can react appropriately. To everyone else, please don't feed the no-lynch trolls. It only makes them stronger.

Now then, FoS Redfrank. Knowing the GM IRL is clearly a sign of corruption, and mafiosos love corruption. Ergo, Redfrank is mafia. QED.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
heyo. well, first off. do we have to kill people every day? can we not kill people every day?

generally I like to not kill off people because you might hit a good guy.
It's the case that you might hit a town player by lynching no matter what day it is; in fact, it is more likely that you hit a town player by lynching than a scum player until the scum win conditions are met. However, not lynching on day 1 gives you no chance of lynching scum, and deciding not to lynch makes it very likely that less discussion takes place. As Polly mentioned, discussion is the best way to determine who's scum and who isn't - the town should push for more if there's valuable information to get out of it (which is always the case on day 1), and so lynching is always good on day 1.

With that in mind... also FoS Redfrank, because he's advocating a strategy I think is pretty fuckin' dumb and that always favors scum on day 1.

The Polly

With that in mind... also FoS Redfrank, because he's advocating a strategy I think is pretty fuckin' dumb and that always favors scum on day 1.
Why go on him over WT? Redfrank at least has the excuse of being a new player, and while that may not fully exculpate him, one could argue that it makes him a worse candidate for a lynch than WT, who should know better by now.

Top Bottom