Ended Pally and Ro3's Maquerade Mafia - Night 4

Youmer

The best way to get information is to get the ball rolling day one by lynching dudes or roll claiming. Polly and Tirin are both p gud at all this so it wouldn't be a bad idea to take their lead... if their lead wasn't to lynch you. Unless someone convinces me otherwise FoS Redfrank to kick this off.

TimTh33nchant3r

Polly and Tirin are correct; it is pretty much always better to lynch on day one because X/15 chance to kill mafias is superior to 0/15 chance to kill mafias. Role madness games can be exceptions due to the potential for an abundance of killing roles, though that quickly becomes a question of how much you trust the "vigs."

I guess this is a role madness game, but eh... if the people advocating the no lynch are our vigs, I don't trust them to vig accurately based on my limited recollection of playing with them before, and if they're scum, we know they'll do anti-town nightkills.

FoS Redfank, Lotus, and maybe Tiger, though I can't tell if he's just rp'ing or actually being scummy/retarded.

@Whitetiger How serious were you about no lynching?

The Polly

There have already been arguably two soft-claims, and we're only a page into the game. Please stop.

The best way to get information is to get the ball rolling day one ... roll claiming.
No. Just...no. What the fuck? In what world is role-claiming day 1 beneficial to town? ESPECIALLY when there's a cult, which means "cleared" power roles can begin misleading town.

Tag_Ross

"Roll" claiming is not a good idea on day 1, in fact ,claiming at all when you have no useful information is usually a bad idea.

Tedfrank seems like a new player, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

@Whitetiger How serious were you about no lynching?
I think he was just asking a question about the scenario, the masquerade seems peaceful so lynching sounds out of place.

Pally

Just some quick clarifications.

1. Whispers are sent to me, Pally, and I forward them to the target. You send me the whispers in your role PM conversation. At the end of the game I'll compile the logs and post them.

2. NO SCREENCAPPING. You can lie as much as you want but you cannot circumvent the Publish mechanic by providing out of game proof of something.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Our goal for today is to place pressure on various people to see who, if anyone, defends them, as well as to get a sense of everyone's playstyle without information about the game-state, so that if someone's play changes, we can react appropriately
Bingo.

I don't know @Redfrank - so I'm unsure if he's inexperienced or just playing up being inexperienced. Either way, he seems like someone we should keep an eye on. FoS Redfrank

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Why go on him over WT? Redfrank at least has the excuse of being a new player, and while that may not fully exculpate him, one could argue that it makes him a worse candidate for a lynch than WT, who should know better by now.
Whitetiger is a big enough dummy to keep suggesting no lynches even when he's town, and keeps doing it for no reason; I can't be suspicious of him exclusively for that, just disappointed with how stupid he continues to be.

Of note, however, is that Redfrank doesn't have the excuse of being a new player. In his own words:

generally I like to not kill off people because you might hit a good guy.
Which indicates he's not a first-time mafia player.

In any case, I'm also gonna FoS Youma for his brainless idea of day 1 roleclaiming.

Redfrank

Also I see what you mean about getting information but in theory you have a higher % chance to hit a town then a mafia. Statistically speaking the majority of Day 1 lynches hurt town, no?

Lotus

I've played Mafia and One Night Werewolf before. Nothing like this.
True enough, this is a step away from the standard mafia, maybe even two steps. Of 16? players, there's 2 mafia and 2 illuminati, as well as cultists. A /good/ lynch could save us loads of strife toward victory in the days ahead.

Refrank has done nothing that draw my suspicion, aside from being new. Veteran players should know that pointing attention toward newbies is a superb way to keep the limelight off themselves. With that in mind, individuals that come to mind are Tim and Jeroth. Tim, of course pointed suspicion at me, and he always will. He's told me that he always feels like his sub-objective in any mafia game is to get me killed/lynched, like he's my personal executioner, only cause we know each other irl.

As for my own point toward Tiger, I'm just a troll with bad habits. It was simultaneously serious and joking suspicion.

I agree 100% with Tirin on the day 1 roleclaiming. I play Town of Salem regularly, and nothing ruins a game more than when a handful of players roleclaim day 1 or 2 to achieve victory. It ruins the spirit of the game. That with the fact that say, Tim, could be 'trolltown' day 1, then after night 1 be 'mindless cultist' day 2, kinda makes roleclaims pointless. I'm all for nixing someone for that, so I'll leap ahead of Tirin's FoS and Lynch Youma.

Whitetiger

Tirin at no point did I ever bring say I wanted to no lynch. I was saying that there was no RP reason for the lynching to commence. And I also said last game was a special exception because of the nature of every role being powerful and the level up system assisting mafia when we lynched town. I normally don't push for no lynches on day 1, pretty much only in Shadow's 2 league of legends games.

Anyway, back to the game at hand, I just want to give a suggestion.

We kind of have to evaluate players one day at a time and try not to give anyone free passes for townier behavior in previous days. Due to the nature of the Illuminati / cults in general, it is dangerous to use day 1 town reads in following days.

On that note, I'd recommend that players don't publicly share their town reads this game (or at least day 1), just their mafia reads. If someone is being read town by several players, we are more likely to lose them to the cult and some people may be unable to tell the difference and continue town reading them later on. And a person who has acted towny now may not be town the whole game but someone who is acting scummy now will undoubtedly be scum (whether mafia or cult) the entire game.

Also FoS Jeroth. Gut read based on his post.

TimTh33nchant3r

Veteran players should know that pointing attention toward newbies is a superb way to keep the limelight off themselves. With that in mind, individuals that come to mind are Tim and Jeroth.
I'm all for nixing someone for that, so I'll leap ahead of Tirin's FoS and Lynch Youma.
... So, pointing suspicion at newbies is the method to keep the finger of suspicion from yourself, ergo jump to lynch a guy who acts like a newbie.
I laughed.

Tim, of course pointed suspicion at me, and he always will. He's told me that he always feels like his sub-objective in any mafia game is to get me killed/lynched, like he's my personal executioner, only cause we know each other irl.
Okay, you got me there. Doesn't mean you didn't avoid the point that no lynching is bad in most instances, and worse on day one. We already have knowledge, both from people posting and people not posting. Lynch Lotus. Because I like to get him killed, but also because his post about no-lynching was a gibberish non-statement that does nothing to justify a no-lynch on day 1.
I can't argue the logic to lynch on any given day, but I just don't casting my vote with zero knowledge.

Lotus

I wasn't attempting to justify a no lynch. I agreed that a no lynch in this game is especially bad, and that we should lynch. I even jumped to lynch, because the act suggested by Youma was an anti-fun concept, not because he's a noob.

TimTh33nchant3r

I wasn't attempting to justify a no lynch. I agreed that a no lynch in this game is especially bad, and that we should lynch. I even jumped to lynch, because the act suggested by Youma was an anti-fun concept, not because he's a noob.
Allowing you to live is an anti-fun concept.

Pally

Just to clarify, there is nothing in this game that works EXACTLY like a cult. I'm not going to tell you how many alignment changes are possible but it IS a finite number. Normally I'd let you flounder on this but 1. I probably should have specifically stated this isn't a cult game; and 2. I told someone this who asked in a PM, so it's only fair.

Top Bottom