Ended Pally and Ro3's Maquerade Mafia - Night 4

Shizno

Of course it's not that simple there's plenty of variables to take into account. Someone could have an ability to silence outgoing whispers from someone. Others might send out whispers pretending to be me. And speaking of that possibility, whoever I send the whisper to, I'll also need to say something to confirm my identity.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Identify yourself using something that the person you send it to will notice, and probably won't be replicated. If someone ends up claiming that Salsy's mafia or illuminati when he's actually town, we'll see that's not the case after lynching him, and that person will have all but outed themselves as mafia or illuminati. Unfortunately, we won't have much ability to decide what to do about conflicting whispers until the situation comes up - but I suspect we'll be able to make the right choice when it does, and the mafia would be obliged to kill Shizno (who already got value from his ability) instead of anyone else to hinder us there.

Lotus

I suppose I'll step in here to say that I also know that Salsy is Town. I'd hate for Shizno to waste his supposed power to confirm what several of us already know. As for that, I'm also fairly certain, but not 100% that Riyant is also Town.

With that knowledge in mind, it seems that Tag or Stealthy are likely targets to lynch. Shizno's power will let someone know one of their alignments, so long as he sends the whisper to someone that is more or less confirmed town.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I suppose I'll step in here to say that I also know that Salsy is Town. I'd hate for Shizno to waste his supposed power to confirm what several of us already know. As for that, I'm also fairly certain, but not 100% that Riyant is also Town.
I was going to say that you supporting Riyant and Salsy made me want to lynch Salsy even harder, but... it would be pretty fuckin' stupid for two illuminati to out themselves to the remaining mafia member, so I guess that theory's gone. Very well.

Unlynch Salsy, Lynch Stealthy

Lotus

Fuck you guys and your day 2 role claims.
Yea. I hate being force to play my hand this early in a game, but I couldn't permit a wasted lynch and a wasted town power, trusting that Shizno's not a lying scumbag. As for the mass role claims, I must agree that it's very disappointing that what 4-5 players? felt the need to jump to claim without any real need or provocation.

Tag_Ross

Alright, so to sum up, we're going to set stealthy to hammer and Shizno is going to force a nolynch(or at least remove the Lynch count) then his role will be published then during the night he will discover Stealth's alignment and he'll whisper it to someone?

Did I miss anything?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Well, a bunch of conclusions on who is/might be town, but I think repeating them over and over is pretty stupid.

AndyM03

I don't even know if we're going to use Shizno's power, but don't hammer in Stealthy until he has a chance to reply, even though I wanna lynch him really bad. I just wanna be a good sport.

Steal Thy Kill

I'd rather use it to find a maf (because I know I'm town), but I'm down with using it if it works. But this may fail for reasons that I'm trying to get confirmed.

Steal Thy Kill

Okay so I'm gonna go to sleep soon because I have to drive down to Pennsylvania and move in tomorrow. I'll try to check on my question to Pally/Ro3 when I wake up and mention the result if I get one, but if I don't it'll be... well evening at best before I can talk again. So if people could be appreciative of that, would be much nice. Good news is that with the asspain that is buying a car from a dealer an hour away and the whole "moving" bit taken care of, I may actually be able to contribute more consistently on Day 3.

Wanna get this post out before I sleep though. If not for today (because we're basically committed to Shizno's lynch as the plan), then for tomorrow.

You know what, our Vic Con isn't too kill all anti town, only the Mafia, we don't have to give a shit about the Illuminati, as long as we kill the lone scum.

And it's already been pointed out while I was afk.

I would also like to add Rondait who was jumping around like crazy, and firedemon, who could have hammered once it appeared his scum buddy wasn't getting out alive.
GODDAMIT, I SHOULD REALLY TRY TO REMEMBER THIS SHIT MORE

You're implying that 'lynching Rondait' isn't a good enough reason by itself. Oh and believe it or not, Salsy's lynch on you (and Firedemon) actually had nothing to do with it. I just don't like how you were jumping around, as Tag put it. I'd also like to pointlessly mention that just because someone joined in on the lynch on Youma doesn't mean they're innocent. Throwing your scum buddy under the bus - especially if you're early in the lynch - is a great way to get on the good side of the town.
Reading through here, and I'd just like to point out that the bolded statement is false. Like, here's Rondait's Day 1 posts before Shizno lynches him: First, Rondait FoS's Youma and says he doesn't think we should bend over Redfrank. Second, he lynches Youma after Firedemon starts off that bandwagon. In his third post, Rondait asks why Salsy lynched him without explanation. Then right after that, Shizno lynches Rondait.

I mean, Shizno probably joke lynched then clung to Tag's reasoning because hey look a legit thing I can use. And the roleclaim basically exonerates Shizno because god what a terrible fakeclaim. While Tag... yeah... If nothing else, we can go ahead and just kill the attack that Rondait was jumping around, because he wasn't. In League Mafia, Tolvan kept getting attacked for not defending himself in Day 1 when he did said "sorry, I fucked up because I was tired" like four times. Let's not let the same thing happen to Rondait because that would suck and I do not want to have to sit through that again.

(Also, is the reasoning on me just that I was wrong about dumb not scum on Youma? 'cause I'll take responsibility for that, but like, is that the best we can really do? Again, I'll take the Shizno option if it'll work, but again I'd rather we try on somebody with better reasoning)

TimTh33nchant3r

Policy lynches literally go against your win condition unless you are scum.
I'm really sure I remember you policy lynching Jesters.

On the other hand, I'm pretty frickin' confused by all the investigator claiming going on here, but I'm kind of getting that the town wants to...lynch Stealthy? I dunno. Unlynch.

I'll figure it out when I'm not drinking.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I just caught up on the thread, but I have to leave for work in ten minutes, so I don't have time for a lengthy post.

To confirm some of the things that were said: I am town. Salsy is town. My investigative ability is a one-time use, so if someone wants to force me to change sides - it'd be a waste. That's why I didn't mind stepping in with the claim to Salsy being town.

As far as the progression of : "Let's lynch Salsy to anti-lynch him to find out his identity." I feel like it's overcomplicating the matter. I'm glad that we're stepped away from it.

I was going to say that you supporting Riyant and Salsy made me want to lynch Salsy even harder, but... it would be pretty fuckin' stupid for two illuminati to out themselves to the remaining mafia member, so I guess that theory's gone. Very well.
Yup.

The Polly

Does your ability end the day? If so I don't know if we can consider your ability Town, it's just as useful as a mafia ability. Especially since if it does end the day it's a no lynch ability.
There is no way that that would be a scum ability. There's no reason scum would want to know the alignment of the person being lynched, since for the most part, they already know it. It's also really fucking high-profile. Ten out of ten games, if scum used that ability to protect someone, both them and the lynchee are dying the next two days. It would be an ability that would never be used. Shizno should be treated as clear for this day phase.

You know what, our Vic Con isn't to kill all anti town, only the Mafia, we don't have to give a shit about the Illuminati, as long as we kill the lone scum.
Our odds of hitting the last mafia are roughly 1/11 accounting for the information we have now. Banking on that one edge case is insane. In the other 9/11 (heh) cases, we have to concern ourselves with hitting Illuminati, since not hitting them both advances the more pressing scum win-condition, and also increases scum control of town, which is particularly bad since they'll be backing up mafia, making it even harder to get a successful lynch. We're really fucking far ahead of where we should be right now, and when you're ahead, conservative play is king.

Also, wasn't it you who all last day wouldn't stop talking about how we shouldn't "confirm" people being non-anti-town as that can possibly change? Why go against what you were saying yesterday?
I would also like to add Rondait who was jumping around like crazy...
Because ASSUMING that Illuminati used one of their finite conversions last night, and ASSUMING there's no roleblocker, and ASSUMING there's no doc-equivalent to prevent conversions, and ASSUMING the Illuminati randomly select their target, there's only about a 1/11 chance of Rondait being scum, since he's basically confirmed to have been clear last day phase, and that's with some generous fucking assumptions. Plus, Rondait's probably one of the least likely people to be targeted for conversion in this entire game. Rondait should be treated as clear for this day phase, and Lynch Tag for presenting objectively bad arguments to try to persuade town to look at Whitetiger and Rondait -- probably the two players most susceptible to getting themselves lynched.

Top Bottom