Ended Rondait's Horus Heresy Mafia: The Imperium Stands!

Rondait

Alright, everyone should have received their role. If you didn't for whatever reason pm me. There are 9 townies and 3 mafia, no neutrals. If you have a red name you're mafia otherwise you're town. The town lose when it is impossible for them to win by eliminating the mafia, not necessarily when the mafia reach a majority. With that said, day one starts. I'll do a flavor write up tomorrow.

Rondait

Just preemptively avoiding any "Oh shit I was the serial Killer" moments there, haha.

Whitetiger

That is a good point. Red/Green colorblindness is like the most common in America and yet we use green for town and red for mafia. We should use like maroon / lime green or something if we insist on red and green so colorblind know bright means town and dark means mafia. I had to read up on this shit briefly because my IST presentation wasn't colorblind friendly.

Rondait

Good point. When posting a role I'll change the color to suit that or at the very least specify in the name if they're a traitor or loyalist.

TimTh33nchant3r

Lynch Jeroth for reverse gambler's fallacy.

Lotus, you should know better. At least, I thought you had enough working knowledge of probability to know better. Aren't you supposed to be a game designer or something?

Rondait

Current votes:
3 Tim: Jeroth, Lotus, Dunsparce
1 Jeroth: Tim

With 12 players alive it takes 7 lynches to kill.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
I never liked random lynching on day 1 unless there is a *really* good reason for it, because there just isn't enough information to go on at that point, and we could end up accidently lynching someone who we would otherwise need to win. It seems like the only people who win in a day 1 lynch are the bad guys.
So, I'm not going to lynch anyone today unless someone can come up with a seriously good argument.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I never liked random lynching on day 1 unless there is a *really* good reason for it, because there just isn't enough information to go on at that point, and we could end up accidently lynching someone who we would otherwise need to win. It seems like the only people who win in a day 1 lynch are the bad guys.
So, I'm not going to lynch anyone today unless someone can come up with a seriously good argument.
Oh boy. I've written lengthy posts about it, but let me do it again.

FoS Danny.

Typically, the town has no guaranteed way of killing at night.
The mafia always have a guaranteed way of killing at night.

There are 12 players: 9 Town, 3 Mafia.

Hypothetically, let's say we don't lynch on day 1:

D1: No Lynch. 12 players.
N1: Town is killed. [8 Town, 3 Mafia]
D2: Town is lynched. [7 Town, 3 Mafia]
N2: Town is killed. [ 6 Town, 3 Mafia]
D3: Town is lynched. [ 5 Town, 3 Mafia]
N3: Town is killed. [ 4 Town, 3 Mafia.
D4: Town is lynched. [3 Town, 3 Mafia] - MAFIA WIN as they will get their final kill on N4.

Let's say we lynch:

D1: Town is lynched. [8 Town, 3 Mafia]
N1: Town is killed. [7 Town, 3 Mafia]
D2: Town is lynched. [6 Town, 3 Mafia]
N2: Town is killed. [5 Town, 3 Mafia.]
D3: Town is lynched. [4 Town, 3 Mafia.]
N3: Town is killed. [3 Town, 3 Mafia.] - Mafia Win as town cannot reach majority on the D4.

By no-lynching, the town effectively loses one of their chances to hit scum. Lynching is the only guaranteed weapon of a townie in this game. If Mafia rule the night, then the town rules the day. We cannot afford to give up our only weapon.

TimTh33nchant3r

Lynch Tim

That bastard always kills me when he's scum. Might as well get rid of him so he doesn't get to this game.
Reverse gambler's fallacy. Assuming I'm scum because I have been before, and assuming I'd kill you if I were. Also, you're cherry picking which games to remember. I only did that once. TC killed you the other game where I was scum and you died.

I'm fairly certain Rondait gave me this role intentionally because of the developing meta, which was actually pretty nice of him since 3 of the last 4 games I kind of got screwed by either the RNG or the GM. I can roleclaim, but it'll hurt the town for me to do so almost as much as if you lynch me. Also, I'm once again disappointed in you all, this time for following a bandwagon based on a confirmation bias bandwagon STARTED BY ONE OF THE VERY PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME THAT ALIGNMENT IN PREVIOUS GAMES.

I can't believe that none of you would consider that this was a deliberate move on Jeroth's part in his game for the exact reason we're seeing here; so he can get an easy day one town kill the next time he happened to play scum.

Anyway, I don't have to die to reveal my role, so how about instead of lynching me, you just say you want me to reveal in a post and if the majority of people want that, I'll pop my ability despite the fact that the town loses a power role in exchange for it. At least that way, we still get to retain my lynch vote.

tl;dr: OMG, U all either suck or are scum, stop lynching me and tell me to reveal if you're that fucking scared of me.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Also, I'm once again disappointed in you all, this time for following a bandwagon based on a confirmation bias bandwagon STARTED BY ONE OF THE VERY PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME THAT ALIGNMENT IN PREVIOUS GAMES.
You mean the fact it was randomly generated?

I can't believe that none of you would consider that this was a deliberate move on Jeroth's part in his game for the exact reason we're seeing here; so he can get an easy day one town kill the next time he happened to play scum.
What the fuck? I was considering unlynching you, but this is some idiotic shit. I'm flattered you think I'm on the level of Ozymandius where I can plan that far ahead, but keep in mind the following:

(1) Any good GM randomizes the roles of their game.
(a) Look at TC and his Firefly mafia. When he gave roles purposefully, it went to shit.
(b) Just because you were the Serial Killer, I wasn't going to redo everything. That's the will of the generator. I have a screen cap of it if you're so persistent about me GIVING you the role.​
(2) That would require me BEING A MEMBER OF THE MAFIA. IN A GAME THAT WAS JUST STARTED.

Sorry guys, I guess I missed the part of the game where we PM Rondait which role we want and we sign up secretly to be scum and town, because I'm a member of the god damn town.

Anyway, I don't have to die to reveal my role, so how about instead of lynching me, you just say you want me to reveal in a post and if the majority of people want that, I'll pop my ability despite the fact that the town loses a power role in exchange for it. At least that way, we still get to retain my lynch vote.
I'd take a confirmed vanilla townie over an unknown power role. I'm not removing my lynch, so I expect to see you reveal as soon as possible.

Dunsparce

Jeroth going aggressive so hard is tickling my scumdar. This started out as a funny little joke, and now he's really hitting hard on him. Then again, the fact that Tim didn't realize that Day 1 lynches are mostly arbitrary is kinda stupid, and also makes me suspicious.

All that said, my scumdar can be mostly disregarded, since I'm still a total newb.

Unlynch Tim
FoS Both of 'Em

I'll let them duke it out a little more before I make a decision.

Top Bottom