Ended Stealthy's DBZ Abridged Mafia: Game Over! Vegeta and Nappa Win!

Anatronman

My wincon guesses would have to include a roleclaim in order to be believed so I don't want to play my hand too early. However, if this day ends up stagnant I'll probably just dump my guesses in the interest of having them out before the town loses potentially useful information.

Firedemon

I'm gonna just take a guess and say Freeza was a town win condition, and probably the only reliable night kill the scum had. So, town has decent chances of retaining control of this game. So, as in Mario Mafia, the possibility of a scum majority is already slipping away.

Huzzah for wasted potential!

So, Freeza probably had a scumbuddy or two as well, given that he had a night kill and was probably a town win condition. Actually, no, I just remembered that OP outright says that Freeza is a town win condition. So, being that important, I'd wager he definitely had a scumbuddy or two. This means that there is a slightly higher chance of the people on his bandwagon being town, even though we all know people will lynch their scumbuddies as necessary. I'd wager that Dunsparce is probably town for hammering him after the Zarbon claim, but honestly I'd have done that too if I were mafia. "Someone was going to hammer Whitetiger and create a town majority, so why not me?" would be my thinking. Dunsparce could also be Zarbon himself and just hammered Whitetiger because he fakeclaimed. But, I feel more inclined to think he's town for now.

Tag_Ross

I can see people bussing a fellow scum day1, but I don't see them bussing freeza day 1, in the op he's confirmed the strongest character, so I'm going to assume that only the last couple people might have bussed him.

Maybe not dunsparce, I wouldn't put it passed WT to make duncey kill him right after he fake claims, but the speed at which he hammered WT was just stupid if he was a partner of his, you feel more independent to me, I'll let you go for now.

I've got to ask, does each[/any] side only get one chat, cuz I'm thinking either Frieza is in a chat with zarbon and maybe dodoria, and/or the ginyu force is in a chat, I wouldn't be too surprised if Frieza, zarbon, and dodoria were solo seeing as they acted independent from eachother for the most part.

For the town I would think gohan, krillin, bulba, and maybe little green are in a chat seeing as it looks like the game takes place on namek.

Lastly, I don't want anyone to confirm this, but maybe killing krillin makes goku go ssj? Could be worth killing krillin.

I wrote all that about twelve hours ago, so yeah... Anyone got anything important?

Chickenspleen

So why would Tiger claim Zarbon if he was Freeza? Wouldn't it have been safer to claim Vegeta or something where only two people could dispute his claim?

Anatronman

My assumption was that he picked a random lower value member of his team that he thought most people wouldn't want to lynch for their wincon. Neutral parties probably wouldn't want that large an imbalance in powers that early and 7 other people here would want Freeze around. With 10 necessary votes, he was safe without mafia choosing to bus him.

Shadow

Banned
So why would Tiger claim Zarbon if he was Freeza? Wouldn't it have been safer to claim Vegeta or something where only two people could dispute his claim?
Because if he claimed Vegeta, people would probably just ignore him and lynch him anyway. Since he wouldn't be aligned with either faction, neither team would care about keeping him alive, and if the Vegeta role is in any way similar to a serial killer, that would give even more reason to lynch him. Claiming Zarbon was a deliberate scum claim in an attempt to get some of his unknown scumbuddies to unlynch him without having to reveal that he was Freeza, except the only problem is that anybody who unlynched him after his scum claim would automatically be a target, and any scum with half a brain would bite the bullet and stick with their lynch.

There was also the possibility that he could have been town claiming mafia, and anybody who immediately unlynched/counterclaimed would automatically be scum. It's a pretty stupid idea, but hey, Whitetiger loves his wine.

Firedemon

Actually, Zarbon being (one of?) Whitetiger's scumbuddy(ies?) probably makes the most sense if we assume he was really thinking about it. Fakeclaiming your scumbuddy's role keeps you from potentially getting hammered by the person whose role you claimed. This information is mostly moot though, since I don't think it particularly matters which role(s?) his scumbuddy(ies?) is(are?).

AndyM03

Here's my current theory: Ro3 is leading the Ginyu force (he's probably not actually Ginyu, he's just the best player) and most of the people who lynched Whitetiger are his scumbuddies. I'm pretty much the only person who had an actual reason to lynch him, although it probably looks like I voted on him just because he scumclaimed. What's interesting is that nobody stepped up to defend him, which makes me think that the more quiet players (Null, Ray, Jeroth) are in Freeza's army. It's also possible that my understanding of the battle lines are wrong, since I'm just assuming that there are two mafia chats based on Whitetiger's last words.
I like this theory.

Tag_Ross

Ro3 is leading the Ginyu force (he's probably not actually Ginyu, he's just the best player) and most of the people who lynched Whitetiger are his scumbuddies. I'm pretty much the only person who had an actual reason to lynch him, although it probably looks like I voted on him just because he scumclaimed. What's interesting is that nobody stepped up to defend him, which makes me think that the more quiet players (Null, Ray, Jeroth) are in Freeza's army. It's also possible that my understanding of the battle lines are wrong, since I'm just assuming that there are two mafia chats based on Whitetiger's last words.
What reason is that? Your follow up to the hammer Lynch was ugly talking entirely about how positive you are that some scum lynched him. I feel like you wouldn't have cared whichever side he claimed for, making you seem independent, fos duncey

Dunsparce

Are you seriously asking me why I lynched somebody who claimed to be a member of the mafia? Ro3minion and Anatronman were the only ones who came up with legitimate reasons to lynch Whitetiger. Ro3 wanted to see if he'd crack under pressure, and Anatron just wanted to avoid being lynched himself. No one who voted for Whitetiger actually gave a reason, up until I hammered him for scumclaiming.

Also, could you please explain why you think I'm independent?

Tag_Ross

In a game where there are equal scum to town? Yeah, him being scum is almost irrelevant, any scum could have bussed him to look good towards the new majority.

The reason I think you're independent is because he was obviously going to add more to his defense(tiger isn't so retarded as to leave that as his only defense) you killed him before he or one of his idiot scum buddies could have added to the defense.

I definitely don't think you're town, it would have been in town's best interest to let the lines between scum and town+independent form, get a clear picture of who you have to kill and then attempt to deal with the independents, instead you killed him and ended any chance for idiot scum to side with him.

Dunsparce

I wish you woulda said something like that earlier, although if you did, the scum would be wise to your ploy. I'm not sure that's something I'd be able to come up with even if I was independent. Keep in mind, i've only played like 3 legit games.

Anatronman

Dunsparce bringing yet another "I'm new so I won't always make plays that benefit town" defense. This one was definitely a more difficult play to call so I don't see it as scummy, but I want to acknowledge that if this keeps happening the town will just suffer.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
No one who voted for Whitetiger actually gave a reason, up until I hammered him for scumclaiming.
Reason: that thing with the Hillaryous lack of authenticity in the whoe "lynch Anatron / no just kidding / but hey, maybe we should though / nah I'm mostly kidding / guys Anatron's not even defending himself, seems suspicious, probably our best lynch / haha joking again, but no seriously, what's your defense Anatron? / oh shit someone voted to lynch me, okay, Lynch Anatron for real" situation, which is pretty textbook scummy. Surprisingly textbook, actually. It's not every day such a classic case comes along. I'd say I was actually surprised at how it turned out, except that it turned out exactly as expected. "Relieved" would be a better word.
Does anyone upgrade alchemy? Is there a point?
TW2? Not that I recall. TW3? Oh god, yes. Putting at least a few points in is extremely hella useful whether you're going full swords, full signs, or any combination of both.

Anyway, Blood and Wine is up now, so I'm gonna go get ready to play the shit out of it instead of dedicating any more thought to this game beyond what I did up through the end of N1. Which, wasn't that a day or two ago already? Alright yeah, looked at deadlines. Hard worker, right here.

FoS Chickenspleen, cause it seemed to me like he was trying to pass the buck with yesterday's lynching once the wagon started rolling.

TimTh33nchant3r

TW3? Hell yes. At least get that thing that gives you an extended toxicity meter for formulae known. That way you can run double decoctions in the late game and wreck face at whatever you're doing.

As far as who to lynch, I've got nothing so I'm back to my usual default of lynching Lotus unless someone else does something that seems super-scummy to me. Not bolding since I'm not even really feeling this that strongly. I'll make it official if I don't come up with anything better by the deadline.

Ro Ro Ro

Lynch Lotus

This is not my strongest read, but with the activity being pretty low right now, it's at least something. I was looking for people who weren't on the Whitetiger bandwagon, and he came up as voting for dunsparce instead. Looking at dunsparce, he's been playing a fine game. Dunsparce somehow did not realize the Anatron 2012 video Shadow posted was an old meme, but that is fine.

Lotus' latest post contains a lot of guesswork, making him seem like not one of the informed of the bad guys.
I'd suspect that Zarbon and Dodoria are his closest goons that might be informed with him.
However, he follows immediately after by a bit of hinting towards something
The Ginyus are 5/8 scum, so I can most easily see them as non-informed
I think Lotus is a Ginyu member. It is a reasonable conclusion that he drew from the game, but I feel that a player would not make this sort of statement unless they were part of the group in question. I would operate under the assumption that the opposing team would be powerful, and not make it seem like the possibility isn't there. Someone who is part of it would benefit to do so though. Making the group seem less threatening would make it easier to slip under the radar.

Anatronman

I think I placed Ro under the finger of suspicion earlier. Let me say that while that remains, if his way of throwing off suspicion is to put together really well informed indictments of all the people I call out, we should keep him around to better decide who to trust after he flips.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Lynch Chickenspleen.

bbl; tw3

Chickenspleen

I don't really understand what that means, Easy, but I'll assume it's a pretty good reason.

Top Bottom