Summer Goals and Accountability

Firedemon

Alright guys, it's that time of year again when everyone has more time and thinks they're gonna accomplish something but never does. Or rather, THIS TIME, you will accomplish something. Post your goal here, and post when your next step to meeting that goal will be done. We will then ask each other how it went when that time rolls around, and about overall progress from time to time in order to provide accountability so that we actually do shit.

How to Goal:
Step 1: Decide at least general goal
Step 2: Decide how to track this goal
Step 3: Decide what the current thing you must do to progress is, then post it and when you will do it
Step 4: Update us on that step and overall progress*, then go back to step 3 if the overall goal is not completed

How to Account:
Step 1: Check thread
Step 2: See if anyone is late on an update
Step 3: Be all like "Hey, @Forumer, how did the thing go?"
Step 4: Don't be a dick

For example, as stereotypical as this is, my goal is to be less of a lazy bum by working off my "Freshman Fifteen" this summer. I'm not going to weigh myself any, I'm instead going to measure my success in terms of what I can do. I'm doing this because* until this last fall, I had been actively training in martial arts for about 9 years, and during my two week break between the Spring and Summer semesters I got to go back to my school and train. I had lost so much of what I had built over those 9 years. To correct this, I'm going to do stuff. I want to have my endless boots to the head back, so I'm going to do a lot of sit ups, running, kicks, and push ups too because why not. I'm gonna start with shooting for 60 sit ups in a minute, running two miles continuously, doing two hundred kicks without dropping my leg (This part sounds like a lot but actually is fairly modest), and 40 push ups in a minute (You guys will be astounded at how disproportionately weak my arms are, I seriously think this one might be out of reach for me). Tomorrow I'm gonna run a lot, then do kicks and sit ups. I'll post my full plan with the update for tomorrow, then update again Friday, and then probably just make it a weekly update on Friday.

If I do not update you guys by the day after I said would, you should be like "So, uh, @Firedemon, how did that thing go?" and I will, in return, do the same for you guys for whatever your goal may be.

*Exposition not required

Last edited:

Frilzer

Totally stole my thread from last year. Awesome. And you ramped up the accountability. I'll have to put my goals a bit later.

Shadow

Banned
How to Account:
...Okay.
Step 1: Check thread
Check.
Step 2: See if anyone is late on an update
Okay, let's see...
I'm gonna be doing my stuffs in a couple hours by the way.
Boom, easy.
Step 3: Be all like "Hey, @Forumer, how did the thing go?"
Hey Firesemen, quit being a stupid lazy fucking lovable black man faggot and do your shi-
Step 4: Don't be a dick
...Fuck.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
My goal is to finish the first draft of my book by the end of August. I'll measure it by writing 14,000 words a week. If I don't update in time, you all have my full permission to berate me to any extent you see fit.

Also, I'm assuming we can use this thread for multiple goals at the same time?

Walrus

I remember posting silly things in this thread last summer. I have a lot of Gamecraft-related goals for this summer. Not sure if I want to connect those to this thread or not. Do want something connected to this thread, though. Will think about it.

Firedemon

Of course, multiple goals are fine if you so wish to pursue them.

So, I did the thing again. Sorta. I actually started running last Friday and ran Monday, Wednesday, and today. I'm fairly sure I've given myself shin splints already, so I didn't run any appreciable distance today so as to avoid worsening it. I figure I'll be fine by Monday, and I was going to be preoccupied all weekend anyways. Wednesday and today I did 100 kicks both legs, so the 200 goal might get knocked out pretty easily. We'll see. I don't remember my sit up count from Wednesday, but today I did 44 (not timed), which is a bit disappointing even accounting for weight gain and not exercising since the end of last summer. My plan is basically going to be to work on leg related stuffs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then arm related stuff Tuesday and Thursday, and do core related stuff Monday through Friday, leaving Saturday/Sunday as rest/party days. I'll update probably not next Friday but next Sunday, but the update will typically be on Fridays with my final count for the week towards my actual goal, not just five days worth of detail of everything I did. If I meet a goal, I'll set a new one a bit higher.

Frilzer

My goal is to finish the first draft of my book by the end of August. I'll measure it by writing 14,000 words a week. If I don't update in time, you all have my full permission to berate me to any extent you see fit.

Also, I'm assuming we can use this thread for multiple goals at the same time?
How is doing about 2000 words a day average going so far Regis?

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
How is doing about 2000 words a day average going so far Regis?
Pretty good.

I'm more productive late at night, so it's a little too messy to totally be 2000/day, but I should meet the weekly goal no matter what.

Frilzer

Pretty good.

I'm more productive late at night, so it's a little too messy to totally be 2000/day, but I should meet the weekly goal no matter what.
Sweet! I always slack on word goals like that. 2000 per day is quite a bit in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Hey, I didn't know you write.

You should set a goal, man. That way we can keep each other in check.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Oh, right. Sorry. I'm going to try and teach myself Japanese online. Might not work, but giving it a try.
Why do you want to learn Japanese? I'm just curious, you do not have to answer if you do not want to. One goal I might have is learning Chinese, or at least brushing up on it.

Firedemon

Oh, right. Sorry. I'm going to try and teach myself Japanese online. Might not work, but giving it a try.
I've been meaning to get off my ass and actually learn another language for a while now. It just kind of bugs me that most people born in this country only ever learn English, while being multilingual is incredibly common in most of the world.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I'm kind of multilingual, I speak English, French and Chinese. I haven't used my French in a while though.

Top Bottom