Summer Goals and Accountability

W1LG3RtheCyan

I want to get MagiTech on Greenlight for Christmas.

Step 1: Finish entire design document including all assets, features, etc. Due date: June 26th (There are a LOT of assets)
Step 2: Model all assets
Step 3: Finish the code
Step 4: Drop assets into databases
Step 5: Tweak physics settings as well as balance
Step 6: Make trailer
Step 7: Test everything vigorously on multiple systems

You guys will probably be able to help with step 7. I'll be looking at both low-end and high-end system data to tweak performance and optimize everything properly. There is only a due date on step 1 because it will define the scale of the other tasks.

Smaller stuff that I want to do regarding my newly built commander deck:
Win a match off of Lab Maniac
Take an infinite amount of extra turns(Not in casual league. I would never be able to break even in terms of points)
Take infinite combat phases
Enter the Infinite for 3 mana

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
My summer break starts in a couple days. I have a few goals in mind but I'm not sure if they are too ambitious, vague or will even amount to anything. Will probably be an interesting summer though.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Hey @Regis and @Tolvan, how's the progress? I'm gonna get my update done tomorrow or Monday, been a bit busy.
Been meeting my goal.

I'm actually out of town right now, but my future updates will be more detailed and interesting.

Chickenspleen

I was gonna make a web series with a friend of mine. We had a whole season all scripted and planned. Vacation plans got in the way, unfortunately, but we will do it before the end of next year.

Walrus

My biggest goal right now is getting an updated version of Wheel & Deal (board game) for submission to publishers ready and having it playtested at the board gaming event we're having at the start of the school year (August 25th). The game has been mechanically solid for a while, so the work I've been doing has been graphical work on component design and rules rewriting. Getting good-looking player screen, card, box, and rule files ready for upload to http://www.printplaygames.com to print out the nicer version. Here are some example graphics for the rules doc:

The above "Sides of the Mining Die" graphics are also being printed as stickers to attach to a six-sided die.

Task List
1) Sticker File: Done
2) Card File: Current card images aren't the correct size for the Printplaygames file. May just self print them with current dimensions.
3) Player Screen Front: Done
4) Player Screen Back: 1/3rd done. Updating the info from the old player screen back file to be more stylized with the new fonts I'm using (fonts shown in above graphics).
5) Rules Doc: Looking a lot snazzier than before but could still use some simplification. Want to get feedback from people on it.
6) Gather Ideas for publishers to reach out to: Mayfair Games could be solid. Asmodee would work. Maybe Rio Grande. Maybe Indie Boards & Cards. Need to look more into events I can easily get to for showing games to publishers without having to rely on sending emails to the submission people (meeting in person and having them physically see the game is more likely to work). Getting to an Unpub event would be very good.

Last edited:

Frilzer

My goal is finish Walrus' art he requested for his game, Im really sorry Im not done with that yet man. I'd get it finished this week for sure.

Top Bottom