Active The Maching Dead CYOA: Chapter 8 - B Team

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Nah, go with the axe. For style points.

Requiem

Easy's the one with the fists, canonically. Tirin could use his fists, but these characters are slight caricatures of their forum lore counterparts as it is, so unless they're absolutely known for using fists, I'd say go with a weapon.

Though Tirin could also fuck the clones into submission. He has enough tentacles.

And if we all vote for him to fuck the clones into submission, TC would have to write that scene.

I vote for Tirin to fuck the clones into submission.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That'd be hilarious, but even Tirin wouldn't do that with Fuse.

Requiem

I'd see Tirin doing it for survival. Besides, he's fucking them into submission. He gets a little group of zombies to control through his tentacles. Perfect for study at the lodge.

TimTh33nchant3r

"And eight Fuse-clones became tentacle-dick puppets that day."

I was going to say ax-crazy sounded about right for Tirin, but the thought of submission via tentacle rape caught me off guard and made me laugh. So, I'm voting for that. Deal with it.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
A fireaxe: 3 (CP, Easy, Stealthy)
Fuck the clones into submission: 3 (Req, Tim, Tolvan)
A rifle with bayonet: 1 (Rondait)
Fists and narcissism: 1 (Stoney)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Tirin readies his fireaxe and runs towards the clones. When they are close he hops through time, appearing on the other side of them.

"This is too easy!" says Tirin, as he hacks three of them to pieces before the survivors turn around. "Let's make things more interesting."

Tirin leaps into the center of the five surviving clones. They all lunge at him, but he hacks an arm off every time one gets too close. Before long, ten limbs drop to the ground.

"Come at me, you armless jags!" taunts Tirin.

The five clones lunge at him again, this time with only their mouths. Tirin decapitates all five of them in a single smooth stroke.

"Ha, jags," says Tirin.

Tirin looks down and notices that one of the Fuse clones' head is still just barely attached to it's neck, by a few strands of muscle.

"Fuck you, that swing was almost perfect!" says Tirin as he kicks the clone's head deep into the woods. "Go tell your friends to find me! I want a challenge!"

--

Meanwhile, Easy and friends take yet another break from carrying Walrus uphill. They had already dropped him twice.

"It's getting really slippery," says Shizno, inspecting his worn sneakers. "Is there a different way we could take? I don't want to complain, but this is really loose dirt and I feel like we're hardly moving."

"I'll take a look at the map," says Easy, trying to think of other solutions.

Ibix and Chicken make adjustments to Walrus' stretcher nearby.

Muffin and Artist approach Easy as he pulls out his map. It's got some blood on it, but is still legible.

"What about there?" says Muffin, pointing to a ridge east of their position. "We could skirt along the outside of this ridge, and land near where we ought to be. It wouldn't be nearly as steep."

"But that would take us an extra day, at least," says Artist. "What about here, to the west? It looks a lot quicker. It's not steep, won't cost us an extra day, and we'd land in about the same place."

"But there's a river we'd have to cross," says Muffin. "And we have no idea how wide it is."

"I'm sure there'll be a good crossing point somewhere," counters Artist.

"These both seem like good options," says Easy. "Let me think for a minute."
______________________________________________________________________________________
What does Easy do?

-side with Muffin, head east and skirt along the ridge
-side with Artist, head west and cross the river

Requiem

Calling it now, neither option is good. Someone will definitely die. Taking longer will get Walrus killed. Taking a shortcut and trying to cross a river will get someone other than Walrus killed.

Why not just stay the course? Yeah, maybe the path sucks, but neither option seems good as it is.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
More important than how wide the river is is how deep. Better to stay the course than chance getting wrecked that way, and better to avoid taking an extra day if possible. Easy just needs to swole it up.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Why bother when getting wet and hiking and shit totally sucks? Whole point of sending runners ahead was so the main group wouldn't have to rush it. Just take the extra day or so and go around. Or build a raft. Wouldn't trust any raft that these clowns helped to build, though.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, I'm for the ridge. Especially since Tirin's roaming around looking for a decent challenge, and the ridge most probably takes Easy and co. further out of his warpath.

Not that I'm saying Tirin would definitely attack me out of sheer boredom, but y'know. Better play it safe, since I'd be pretty disappointed if any more of the group got killed before I get to that base camp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom