The Walking Dead

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
So how 'bout that Season 6 so far, eh?

If it flashed forwards and backwards any more frequently I would have been sick. It wasn't bad, but I much would have preferred two episodes instead of a 90 minute flip-flop-fest.

Like, have the execution of the plan be the first episode, and then have the second episode be the flashback that explains how everything came together, and the whole Carter thing. Actually, better yet, don't air any of the flashback stuff at all. Assume that the viewer is smart enough to be able to piece things together. Even without the flashbacks, it was pretty obvious what was going on. Let the viewer connect the dots, even if it means they spend a little time wondering why certain things are happening. Sheesh.

Very much a "Group B" episode, but I still really liked it. Once again, the season opens with Carol being a badass and saving everyone, which I am always a fan of. I'm also liking Morgan more and more, especially given his mysterious relationship with the Hobos (that's what Null and I are calling them). Morgan's taking a bunch of levels in monk which is pretty sweet, and I loved the Western-esque clash of philosiphies between him and Carol in this episode.

Even Carl got to be a cool character in this episode, so good job Carl.

Carl's girlfriend is weird and mysterious, so nothing new there.

Rick's girlfriend successfully used scissors, unlike Beth, so good job Rick's girlfriend. (I also pretty much just realized that she's the mother of the Cookies Kid, so that's pretty neat.)

Not sure what Daryl's Gay Friend (I forget his name) is all mopey about with those pictures near the end, but hey, mystery and intrigue, cool.

Eugene was Eugene, good job Eugene.

Would have liked to seen what Abraham or Rick or Daryl would have done if they were home, but eh, I guess they wanted the attack scene to last more than forty seconds.

Also, wow does this show go through extras fast . I'm not sure how many people are supposed to be living in the show's new central location, but it seems like nameless characters die every couple of minutes.

Firedemon

I'm about to catch up now, having missed these first two episodes of season 6, but I suspect it will end up like the...

By the way, I'm assuming no one reading this is absurdly behind...

Like the prison after The Governor disappeared. There'll be upwards of 30 to 40 people living there, then they'll just kinda all die off in relatively insignificant ways because it's too many people to manage but too few to ignore if they're alive.

Colonel Thunder

Glenn's definitely not dead, and honestly that's a pretty stupid trick to try on viewers when there's so much evidence both in-show and out of show to negate the possibility that he's dead.

Regardless, that was one intense episode.

Firedemon

I mean, aside from it really looking like they were ripping up someone lying on top of him instead of him, what's the in-show evidence for Glenn living?

Also, Morgan. Basically new bad ass black Herschel, amirite?

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

If you pause on a particular frame when he's being "eaten" you can see the top half of his chest is fine. Also, when was the last time you saw intestines pulled out near a person's throat?

Firedemon

They've done flashbacks and hallucinations and whatnot before. Though the actual shot of it happening is pretty strong evidence that it didn't actually go down the way they want us to think it did. I just thought you had something else from within the show.

Oh, and by the way

Not sure what Daryl's Gay Friend (I forget his name) is all mopey about with those pictures near the end, but hey, mystery and intrigue, cool.
Those were the pictures he showed the group when he recruited them last season. Daryl and him had been out to recruit when they fell victim to the Wolves' trap, so they had that bag and those pictures with them. They, naturally, ended up leaving the bag behind when they escaped the trap, which the Wolves then found. Logically, they went looking for Alexandria as soon as they saw the pictures, so he now feels guilty for the massacre. This is also why Rick took note of that jar of sauce or whatever that was in the 3rd episode after killing those Wolves, that was also something Daryl's Gay Friend brought on recruitment runs to prove that Alexandria was safe and developed.

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

So how 'bout that mid-season premiere, eh?

Very explosive opening to the episode. Some really great black humour. I kind of liked the lead bandit guy, but ah well, his unexpected "getting blown into itty bitty pieces" was pretty hilarious.

Father Gabriel finally redeemed himself decently and is maybe kinda a cool character now, we'll see what happens with him.

That moment when Glenn almost died but was miraculously saved by circumstance. Again.

That moment when Rick's girlfriend gets eaten on Valentine's Day.

That moment when Michonne has a tendency to save Rick's ass via sneakily impaling people from behind, with a sword.

That moment when Carl becomes the Governor 2.0 thanks to a Rube Goldberg family decimation machine.
No seriously though, that was a tense moment and the gore and shot was very well done.

That moment when you develop Stockholm syndrome for someone who's barely five minutes into kidnapping you.

That moment when Carol has a habit of killing people in the middle of someone trying to save them.
Okay, I actually really like that they've left it ambiguous as to whether Carol's philosophy or Morgan's philosophy is "correct" in the show.

That moment when the Alexandrians decide to stop being useless and join together for an anime zombie dispatching montage.

That moment when Carl has a habit of getting shot and lying in a bad and having his dad monologue at him. Last time Carl got Rick's hat out of being shot, maybe this time he'll get something else. Like, thaaaaangs and stuuuuuff.

That moment when Abraham and Daryl are awesome the entire time.

That moment when Daryl doesn't have a lighter, so he uses a ROCKET LAUNCHER to light a campfire.

Good episode. Had a few weak points, but it was good.

AndyM03

I got to like, Season 3 and I think halfway through Season 4? The show just lost me and honestly i'm not bothered to catch up at this point.
I'm sorry TC

Whitetiger

Don't watch if you aren't caught up with the episode that aired this sunday. Seriously.

Edit: Holy shit I even had to put it in spoiler tags because the thumbnail was a spoiler.
2nd Edit: Nvm found a higher quality one with no spoilers in the thumbnail.

Firedemon

So, how 'bout that season 6.5 episode 2? Eh? Eh?

I've been waiting for Rick and Michonne for so fucking long. When they sent Rick after Jesse I was starting to think it wouldn't happen. But, I'm still irritated by the lack of Carol and Daryl. Anyways, other things happened in this episode I think.

Jesus seems interesting. I wonder if Gabriel will have anything to say about him having that nickname. I also wonder if Carol will want to shoot him. And if Daryl got his ass kicked and that's how he got out, or if someone else got their ass kicked.

Also, what's with Carl and Enid? Carl seems so... apathetic, bordering on irritated with her. Kind of a strange 180 in my opinion, even if her ex-boyfriend did try to kill him.

Still annoyed by how stupid that kid was.

And can we get to the obvious confrontation between Carol and Rick about what to do with Morgan after that whole incident?

"Rick he harbored a homicidal maniac."
"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!"
"I know right!"

Colonel Thunder

Seconded, needs more CarolxDaryl.

I'm also a fan of Rickchonne.

I loved the lightehearted tone of the episode though. It was pure filler, but such excellent filler.

Also, have some memes.

Top Bottom