The Walking Dead

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Watched the pilot of "Fear the Walking Dead" last night. Thus far I'm a much bigger fan of the main series, but so far this installment seems to be more psychological horror than action-horror, which is neat. And even though I'm not attached to any of the characters, I like the idea that everyone is equally kill-off-able, right now. Especially with no single, grounded protagonist yet.

Colonel Thunder

FD, that's not even a spoiler.

THIS is a spoiler. Make of the gif what you will.

http://cdn.bgr.com/2016/03/the-walking-dead-episode-615-dwight.gif?w=624

It's not embedding right, so just click on the link.

I think Daryl definitely got shot, potentially fatally but I doubt it given the 90 minute finale coming up.

Also, I think Maggie's baby armor might in fact be what kills her...

Colonel Thunder

I'm kind of hoping that Daryl is dead. Because it seems like a large portion of the viewers are going "great, they're pulling another Glenn fake-out on us" and I'd love it if the showrunners pulled the rug out from under us like that.

Firedemon

There would be riots in the streets if they killed Daryl. It would end worse than open carry at the RNC this year.

Also I would riot in the streets if they killed Daryl.

But really, I wouldn't even call this a fake out. Dwight blatantly said "you'll live" after that shot. I'm like 90% sure that wasn't how they filmed it and they actually added that line sometime recently so people wouldn't get super pissed like they did about the Glenn fake out. That, and, well, this is only going to last a week. Whereas the Glenn thing went on for what, a month and a half?

Also, calling it now, Morgan is gonna find Carol, teach her his ways, then die like that guy that saved him, probably to the Savior stalking them. Carol will then return to Alexandria as the new Morgan/Herschel/Voice of Reason.

Also, reasonable chance Michonne or Rosita actually die, come to think of it. Michonne could die because Rick is overconfident or Rosita because Abraham will realize he was an idiot and actually did love her.

Glenn won't die here because all signs point to Maggie dying (fucking baby armor) and there's no point in killing them both at once. Glenn will get back and find out, Enid will have some important message for Glenn entrusted to her, Glenn will try to run off like Enid did before, but this time Enid will talk him out of it the same way Glenn got her to come back before.

And as for how Glenn, Rosita, Michonne, and Daryl get rescued (minus whoever might die), I've got 10 bucks on Carol stumbling upon them and non-lethally saving them.

Alternatively, Maggie doesn't die and Glenn actually dies, since in the comics he's about to die from the arrival of actual Negan, who has been cast and is supposed to appear this season. There being only one episode left, he will appear next episode.

Firedemon

Thoughts after some... thought?

So, that was a terrible fucking ending. I think we can all agree that was just annoying as hell. The way the Saviors were herding Rick and the others seemed a bit much. Like, how were the able to stay so absolutely ahead of them? Eugene's idea of having all but him sneak away into the woods at night frankly should have worked. The Saviors might have expected them to try it, but they shouldn't have been able to predict so perfectly where Rick and the others would go. But, I was able to suspend that disbelief. My only real problem after all of that was that they killed someone and left who as a cliffhanger. All we know is that it wasn't Rick or Carl because of what Negan said about ripping out Carl's other eye and feeding it to Rick. That cliffhanger was simply aggravating.

That said, the episode as a whole has set up a very good start for Season 7 and I hope the writers capitalize on it. If they do it right and keep the secret well, we can start the season on a really heavy moment and build off it. Was it worth pissing off the fans? Eh, probably not. There are probably better ways to have set up the next season than to piss off the fans. But, there is a clear path to redemption here and I'm willing to let them try to go down it. Hopefully while they're at it they'll see many of the mistakes they made this season and correct them.

Requiem

I think cliffhanger endings like those, while being definitely shitty, get too much hate, in a way. I don't wanna seem like I'm being contrarian, but while it sucks to have to wait months to find out what happened and it feels like a cop out and it is in some ways since the show is meant to be entertainment, on another level, it's also got room as an icon in pop culture to do something like this because it shows they're always looking ahead. AMC trusts the creators of the show to do something special, so while the temporary nonsense of cliffhangers sucks, the overall finished product of the show when it's completely done might benefit from that. I know when I go back and watch shows online from one season to the next, a lot of these big shows do extremely well with transitions. Like paragraphs in an essay, good transition words and lines make the change from one paragraph to the next pleasing to the reader while going onto whatever else is next. Just something to keep in mind, is all.

Whitetiger

@Firedemon my dad and I watched the episode together and he thinks Neegan's crew somehow has sattelite coverage and thats why they were in that giant sattelite dish in the first place. Seems like it'd be pretty hard to do after apocalypse though

Top Bottom