• Choice 1 (Flat Awesome)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Choice 2 (Naudulous Gamer)

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Choice 3 (Fusion Gamer $20)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

icevin

I don't *really* mind the current design, but there's just 50+1 shades of grey... the contrast between blue and grey is too low.

Requiem

Actually, here's an idea.

I know you can load multiple themes into a forum and then people are able to pick between the ones loaded for themselves. If you look at the bottom of the page:

Where it says Flexile Dark, you can click that and choose between the default theme of the forum (the one all of these types of forums come with) and then the one we're currently using:

Is it possible to just load both theme 1 and theme 2 instead of choosing between the two? It wouldn't be impossible, I don't think. The only issue with that would be people who like to use colored text. I figure it's okay to at least ask and see if this is possible, then see what people think of that, you know?

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Is it possible to just load both theme 1 and theme 2 instead of choosing between the two?
Yes it is totally possible and there are forums out there that do it. As a matter of fact, the plan was to implement both themes in the way you posted, so that users could get a feel for how the themes handle. Hopefully, there would be a swing in votes for one or the other.

However, there are issues with having two themes. You picked up on one of the issues, post formatting between themes will be different. Mainly and most problematic of the issues is post color. There are other minor discrepancies that I'm sure people can overlook. Yet, having two themes also means the work in maintaining, updating and developing themes is doubled, providing that one isn't neglected.

Requiem

I say we vote on which one is the widely accepted "main" theme, have an overall discussion based on that, then provide access to both themes, knowing beforehand that the other theme is not necessarily the "supported theme". That would be a fair way to handle it I think. Everyone gets to choose which one they like the most and then you only have to work on one theme as opposed to two all of the time. Maybe slight tweaks would be made to the unsupported theme here and there, but it would be widely known and accepted that it wouldn't happen often if ever, mainly since that would help keep you sane, lol.

I think that's a fair way to do it, really. Helps everyone out and everyone gets what they want at least for a short while. If you use the theme that most of us aren't using, then you do so with the knowledge of that, so things won't seem to all fit together, but that's fine since you made the decision yourself and aren't forced to do anything.

Just as a preemptive vote here, I want the "dark" theme to be our "main" and "supported" theme. Reminds me of URealms to some extent (darker forums all remind me of URealms just because nearly every other site from 2007 and onward use a lighter set of colors than URealms ever really did, at least on the forums) and allows for actual font colors to be used (I like the fact that Tirin and 13th get to use their traditional colors and that I can still read them all of the time with ease). The "light" theme doesn't really allow that to happen. Besides, darker themed forums are easier on the eyes, imho. I'm a cave dwelling fairy tale creature, I don't like light.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Well both themes are up for the users to try out as per my thread. I have to say that I really prefer the Flat Awesome theme, but it will probably get converted to a dark theme. If there are going to be two themes, for the sake of legibility both will have to have similar color schemes to keep things easy for users.

Requiem

Cool, we get to test the themes out. I think once the darker theme gets edited a little (the background picture seems out of place for us a bit), it'll be nice.

Tag_Ross

testing out the themes.
I'll be back with more input.

I dislike the natural red text on the Nadulous Gamer theme.
The Flat Awesome theme also feels pretty good, but it's too... soft looking.

Top Bottom