Ended Dawn Runners, a Choose Your Adventure

Frilzer

About a year ago you may remember that I attempted to pull off an adventure called "Crossroads of Courage". Which ultimately didn’t work. I still wanted to do some kind of adventure, but wasn’t sure how. But I think I have learned from my mistakes. Also, after seeing the example of Thunderclaw's Zombie choose your adventure, I was just itching to attempt an adventure again.

So, whats this going to be about? Well it won't be about forumers, because honestly I don’t think I could do it justice. This will be a last shot at an attempt to make an adventure out of my old "Morning's End" world, my old comic that will never be finished, and try to make something enjoyable of it. So that means, Fantasy, of a lower kind. Also, I will not be doing comic panels. It just takes too much time and effort. I will sometimes have a picture or something, but this will be pretty much text based. I'll give you options, and you make the choices. You will receive custom options sometimes as well. Some small options will be first come first serve, so, updates ought to happen fairly regularly if it’s a good day until my life gets too busy and I have to stop. Awesome? Awesome.

Im open to any questions and if things dont make sense, its my fault and call me out on it to explain.

Ok then. Let us begin… DAWN RUNNERS

-------------------------------------
You always had big dreams. As a child of a family that worshiped the Sun God, Solaris, you always wished to expand his influence and goodness. Some call you Sun worshippers a militant and crazy bunch, but one day all will understand.

Bands of warriors control the city states of the continent Savaria. To make a difference in the world, you had to join one. You decided as a young lad to join the Dawn Runners. A band that fights for the Sun God Solaris, and is expanding.

You wait nervously outside of the room of the Grandmaster of the Dawn Runners. The base of their operations is a beautiful manor just outside the city. You shift uncomfortably in your wooden chair. There are about seven others in the room with you, but you only give each other awkward glances and sit in undemanded silence.

You constantly wonder if you will be accepted or not. You ought to be, but still always wondered if there was something wrong with you that would prevent it. In fact, it felt almost surreal just being at the Dawn Runner's base. Like a dream.

An old man with a long straight graying beard in opens the door to the Grandmaster's office. He wears a a white tabard with a golden sun woven in the center over black fine clothes. Grandmaster Galvain. He doesn’t say anything and points to you. Its time for your interview with the Grandmaster.

You automatically get up and walk to him. He grabs your hand before you can lift it and smiles. He warmly asks like a loving grandfather, "What is your name son?"

You mind goes blank, what was your name?

----------------------------------------

- Jaccer
-Tirin
-Tolvan
- NEW NAME (Be original and make one!)

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
How about Ammy? I think it would fit the sun god thing. Also it's cool that you're doing this again. Also out of curiosity, where was crossroads of courage going to go in terms of plot?

Frilzer

If his name is not Tirin, then Tirin will be something else in this story. Crossroad of Courage's plot was totally up to you guys but no one else posted...

Frilzer

Tolvan (2)
Tirin (1)
Ammy (1)

(Just so you know, Im going fairly quick on less important decisions, Ill give more time for ones with much more weight. Unless otherwise specified.)
-----------------------------

"Tolvan." You say, "Um, Sir."

"Good to have you with us Tolvan. Come, come." He says.

He closes the door behind you and leads you to a chair sitting directly in front of his impressive desk. He takes a seat himself and takes a moment to look at you. Or rather, your soul. Surprsingly, the desk featured only a few neat piles of documents and a couple other things that must be keepsakes. A small stand with a gemstone. A small case with an old key inside. A large cut out of a sun covers the wall behind him making a brilliant window. On one wall you see a large bronze plate mounted with names. Hundreds of names. Maybe a thousand or two. You see that many have a short diagonal strike threw the first letter, surely representing the fallen. The Dawn Runners were primarily warriors. And warriors eventually fell.

"Tolvan," he says graciously, "I am very glad you are here. There arent enough willing young men like you in the world who chose to serve Solaris with us. You have made a wise choice and I can tell, you will do your best and change lives and with the rest of the band, change our desolate world. I was looking at your papers here that you submitted to us earlier."

He pull the top paper from one of his perfect stacks. You get a glance and see it is your handwriting.

"You are quite the unique individual. When asked what you are passionate about in life you said..."

--------------------------------
- Come up with an answer! What's your passion?

First (good one) come, first serve.

And I mean good one because if you say "flying spaceships" Im not going to use it.

Frilzer

Tolvan: Writing stories

------------------------------------

"I like to write stories, sir." You say.

The Grandmaster smiles, "Ah, thats right. Sorry, I cant see small handwriting very well anymore. These eyes are getting old. But thats excellent. It takes great skill to be able to write beautifully and tell a good story."

He finishes looking over that paper and then places it on the desk. You slighty suspect that he actually can't read any of it. Figuring that he didnt know your name when you walked in and its on your paper. "So tell me Tolvan, where else do your interests lie beyond writing?"

--------------------------------------

- Well, where do your other interests lie?

Again, first come, first serve.

Frilzer

Tolvan and TC: Magic
This is an interesting answer... Just because of how magic works in this world...

-------------------------------

"I've always been interested in magic sir. I've always felt it was something that could aid in our cause."

The Grandmaster's eyebrows come together with concerned look. "Oh, magic? Hm. Well you know that there are very very few that are capable of such a feat. Unfortunately, we as people know too little about how it actually works and originates from. Some say its a gift from the Gods, but none have been able to prove such a thing. Anyone who can use magic is never able to explain how they obtained their power."

You feel a bit hurt about what is said. You honestly feel that magic is important and have a great interest in learning, even just how it works and can be used.

"However, who am I to say that magic hasnt changed the world in many ways? Potions, synchronite, and our own magical weapons, all very useful tools, have aided in Solaris' cause. So I dont feel its my place to tell you not to ever pursue or look into such a thing. Just dont let it distract you from your future responsibilities."

You feel a little better. A little. Unfortunately, as a Dawn Runner, you will not have the feel time to causally look into it like you once did.You pray that Solaris might lead you to it one day.

"Now, I have just a couple other questions." He says, his gaze intensifies, "Everyone has secrets, no shame in that. What about you should I know about before accepting you as a Dawn Runner?"

You gulp, you knew this question was coming. Of course you have secrets... You say...

--------------------------------
- Lie, say you have no secrets.
- Say nothing at all.
- Tell him a secret (Make one)

Take a vote on this one.

Requiem

I say let Tolvan take the reins on this one. Tell the truth, come up with a secret. Everyone really does have secrets and I'm sure Tolvan has built up a big backstory for his character by now. Let's draw on that backstory as a resource and just let it happen!

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
I say let Tolvan take the reins on this one. Tell the truth, come up with a secret. Everyone really does have secrets and I'm sure Tolvan has built up a big backstory for his character by now. Let's draw on that backstory as a resource and just let it happen!
Oh, yeah, make me do all the work. :p

Anyway, I honestly kinda like Thunder's. I also think the truth is best.

Last edited:

Requiem

And we're insulted you ever had that as a name. You should've done what I did and never change your name ever. Lackwit who? Definitely what? Hahahahah, your words aren't recognized in Fort Kickass.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Alright, here's my idea. Tolvan's birth family followed a god other than Solaris, but they abandoned him or something as a child (for as-yet-unknown reasons) and he was adopted by a Solaris-worshipping family. Because of this, Tolvan is a devout follower of the sun god, and his birth parents are his "secret."

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Potentially. I kind of like the idea of keeping it open-ended for now as to who his birth parents are and why they didn't keep him. When we learn more about the world and story, then either us or more than likely, Frilzer, will be able to use it to drive plot narrative stuff.

Top Bottom