Ended Dawn Runners, a Choose Your Adventure

Frilzer

Mysterious birth parents, probably not originally a Solaris follower. (Also, I will count likes as votes. Lets just get through this backstory part and then we can really get to things, no?)

-------------------------------

You decide to reveal your secret that you have held close to you since you were a small child.

You begin, "I... I dont know who my real parents are."

Galvain's eyebrows rise as his head nods downward.

"And so, I dont know if I am originally born under Solaris' blessing. I might be under another god, at least as a child, but I dont know."

The grandmaster looks away from you for a moment, almost at something in the corner of the room, contemplating. "Well, you are quite the unique individual. This is... an interesting point you bring up. The gods have certain ways of doing things. If you are not born to parents of Solaris' faith, then you may not officially be under his blessing. As you know, Solaris does gladly accept new followers, but the transition takes time. And in order to make sure you are under his blessing, you would have to serve the Dawn Runners as an initiate, a recruit, for several months before hand. If you became a full fledged Runner, like you are here for, without the Sun's blessing, you could face severe consequences. Curses even. The gods respect a person's choice, even to change gods, but wont accept hypocrisy."

He looks at you again with the look of a concerned father again. "You must have known that and yet here you are barely of age to join a band." You arent sure what to think. Through your known life you always worshiped Solaris, but always had something in the back of your mind that bothered you. Your parents always said that they thought your parents were of the same faith, but you knew they didnt know. And statistics were not in your favor. Solaris is not a commonly followed god. Most of the people follow one of three major gods. You kept this quiet your whole life. Sometimes consciously having to keep others from finding out. Its been a burden you have always carried.

"But Ill tell you what." the Grandmaster begins again. "You have followed Solaris' teachings your entire life correct?"

"Yes!" You urge. Its true.

"Then possibly, possibly, you will be ok to become a Runner now, even if you are not positive about your birth. Solaris is a just god. I feel that your youth dedicated to him will suffice. But I cannot guarantee it and cannot know for sure. Does anyone else know about this?"

You shake your head.

"Good. Keep it that way. If I am to be honest with you, we need more Runners - Solaris needs more. We cannot trust initiates with the same responsibilities of a Runner. The more Runners we have, the further Solaris' hand can reach. I also fear we would waste your potential if you are not made a Runner now. But I will give you the choice if you do not wish to risk it. Will you accept becoming a full fledged Runner and servant of Solaris? Or merely an initiate?"

----------------------------------

-Accept, become a Runner
-Decline, become an Initiate

Requiem

No no no, that was physics simulator. The minigame with the dead bodies in the doors is especially appealing.

Frilzer

Be a Runner (4)
Be an Initiate (1)

------------------------------

"I think Id rather be a Runner, sir. Im not afraid."

He smiles. "Well, then. We will hope and see what happens. I pray no ill fate befalls you and thank you for your courage." He stands up and opens the case on the desk with the key and pulls it out. He gestures you to the bronze panel on the wall. You stand up and walk toward the end of the list of names. The Grandmaster hands you the key. Its made of some old metal, but you dont know what. Its teeth strangely shaped like a sun. But you know what to do. You take it and etch 'Tolvan' onto the bronze panel. You are now a Dawn Runner.

HIDDEN STATS RECORDED. SAVING...

"Excellent Tolvan. You will do much more good this way. And I almost forgot. You will be assigned to an area to work and strive to claim for Solaris with other Runners. I know this is information you will learn much more about tommorrow, but I always like to ask..."

He pulls his chair back and grabs the edge of desk and pulls the surface apart in opposite directions. The desktop slides on a mechanism revealing a hidden table underneath. On this layer on the desk is a map of the continent. An extensive map. Complete with some tiny wooden pieces symbolizing cities, towns, villages, and such. It has been well edited. Words and borders have obviously been added onto it over time. It was almost hard to read it was so cluttered.

"I make the decision in the end, but, where would you like to go?"

(A clean version of the map attached, you are current at the red dot in the middle of the Crossroads)

---------------------------------

-Well, where do you want to go?
map1.png

Requiem

Let's go to White Vale. There's probably not a lot of blackvalians there.

TOPICAL RACIST HUMOR

Frilzer

Req: Go to Whitevale.

"I always wanted to go to White Vale. Somewhere a little more north. Like to see the snow there, maybe?"

A chuckle is heard. "If you go there you won't like snow for very long." There is a pause. Galvain begins again "I think I know where you need to be and who you need to be with. Im glad we have you Tolvan, but I have a total of thirteen new potential Runners I need to meet today. Go take the afternoon to rest. Tomorrow will be a big day for you and prepare to travel. See you then. Oh, go find Cor, my councilor. Ask him to help you get a weapon."

It felt as if the meeting ended somewhat abruptly, but you understand that he is busy, especially today. You exit the room. Galvain points to another to come into the room with him. You wonder if your face looked as much of a nervous wreck that guy's was. You actually take a quick look at the bunch waiting there. There are more there now that must have arrived when you were in the office. It couldnt have been that long. All of them young, like you. Some in nicer clothes, some in something a step up from rags. You actually notice a few girls in the crowd. The Dawn Runners did take women. One guy with a chiseled face and curly hair begins to whisper to you.

"Hey, is it rough?"

"No." You reply, "Hes really nice. Kinda like a dad."

His eyes widen, "I sure hope he's not like my dad."

You decide not to pursue that subject and ask his name.

"Im Kalack. I come from the Tarrow. You?"

"Tolvan. From Crossroads."

"Ohhh, city folk?"

"A bit yeah," you confess. You probably wouldnt be able to spend time writing and researching magic if you were a farmer. "Not too far east from here."

"Man, Im scared. I feel like if I go in there, like, justice is going to slap me in the face and say 'you arent ready for this'."

"Didnt happen to me." ...yet, you think. And hope wont happen. "Why, what happened to you?"

"Im not even going to go there, but Ill say Ive done some rotten things in my past." You wonder what this guy could have done. He looks younger than 18. "Trying to find a way I can repay Solaris, make some things up to him, you know?"

While talking, you dont notice the meaty hand placed on your shoulder. A middle aged man. "Not meaning to interrupt, but if you are done with your interview and were accepted, follow me." He begins to guide you down the stairs of the manor, more guiding you around rather than letting you follow.

Kalack blurts out, "And if we dont get accepted?"

The man replied "You go home."

After making your way to the foyer, the man lets go. He begins to speak. "We usually just let the new ones sit in silent panic while they wait."

You ask, "Why?"

"Its actually pretty hilarious." and breathes out a laugh. You attempt to do the same, but almost too late to seem real. "So yeah, if your in, you can explore around the manor a bit. While its empty I guess. Itll be full of all the Runners tomorrow morning."

You inquire to who this man is, because you have no freaking idea.

"Oh, Im Cor. Councilor to the Grandmaster." You mention that Galvain told you to find him and ask him about getting a weapon. "A weapon? The new ones usually dont get them until after they get put in a trio. But ok. I guess maybe Grandmaster Galvain just likes you and wants to give you first pick. Follow me." He grabs your shoulder again and begins to herd you around again. "Oh and what kind of weapon are you looking for anyway? We got all kinds in the armory."

-What kind do you want to use?

First weapon to 3 votes wins. Or until I get tired of waiting.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Rapiers are sweet, so are katanas. A long sword might be nice too? Oh, and I suppose a bow might be useful. Maybe a crossbow, since they're easier to use.

I doubt a novice Dawn Runner will be able to get any magical equipment off the bat, and I think magic is pretty rare in this world anyway. For now, it's probably best to get a normal weapon.

Frilzer

Just a heads up, the Dawn Runners have quite the collection of magical weapons. Your weapon will be magical in someway, which will also be chosen later. This is for what kind of weapon.

Top Bottom