Ended Dawn Runners, a Choose Your Adventure

Frilzer

Sorry for the delay. Comicon happened and I had to recover. Anyway, continuing...

-Check on Fash (2)
-Fight (1)
------------------------------------------

You think that the rest of the Runners probably have the rest of this fight under control. Fash needs your help right now. You jog over to Fash's motionless person. You see that he has been stabbed through the torso, beneath the sternum. You get to your knees and can hardly think of what to do. There are less severe cuts on his arms and a small gash on his shoulder that cut through his armor. You haven't patched up battle wounds before. Blood fountains from the hole in his chest and his face seems to being whiting out. Stopping the bleeding might be a good start. You try to think of how. You rip off Fash's tabard and press it down. The red crawls up the white cloth at a frightening pace.

Fash's eyes barley open as you give more pressure. He tries to lift his head, only to have it fall a couple inches. He mutters, "Potion, idiot."

Oh. Right. You swear you remembered about the potions, but the sight of his wounds made you think of trying to patch them up. You ask where his potions are.

"Heh. Gave them to you." He quietly says. It seems to be hard for him to keep his eyes open. What in the stars above was he thinking!?!? He gave you all his potions? This guy must not have his head on straight! Ok, ok. Your potions. Red and Blue. Red for lesser stuff. Blue for the bad. Immediately you pull out the blue one and open it. Fash closes his mouth and turns his head away.

"What are you doing?! Drink it!" You yell.

Fash manages to say, "That will knock me out cold. I want the red. I can still fight."

You are unsure if red will do the job. It might not be enough.

"Come on. We have to finish this." Fash closes his eyes again in pain. He talks as if he isn't mortally wounded.

You look up and see the Dawn Runners and Fellers have fully engaged with each other. The two defined lines other than the occasional horseman push and pick on each other. You spot that huge Feller and that he has injured one of the two Runners he was fighting. You question whether Fash will be in a condition to get up even with a potion.
-----------------------------------------------------

-Blue potion, knock Fash out with more potent healing
-Red potion, give Fash a moment and both of you head to the battle

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Give him the red. He seems to be doing pretty well for a guy with a hole in his chest.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The hell would a stomach wound make you want to use the blue potion on him for?

Frilzer

-Red potion (2)
-Blue potion (1)
---------------------------------

"Ok. Are you sure?" You question before drawing the red vial.

"More than sure, I can do it." Fash says, "Now just give me the thing."

You bring the vial to Fash's lips as he pulls his head up and drinks as if he hadn't had drunk in years. Soon the small bottle is empty and Fash puts his head back down and stares into the sky like a toppled statue. At least his breathing indicates he is still alive. You aren't sure when he will be ready to get up and fight again.

"Just give me a moment." He seems to answer your thoughts. "I screwed up again. I hate being that guy who holds the group back."

You worry if he will be able to do much good fighting if he continuing staring. A few moments pass and he begins to sit up. You relieve the pressure on his wound to allow him to do so. The bleeding has nearly stopped. He seems to have a bit more color in his face again. He glances at the ground around him and points. You see his mace a few strides off. You retrieve it for him as he explains the warrior disarmed him. You begin to take off you tabard to bandage him up since it is all you have to do it with. By the time you lift it over your head you see Fash trying to get up.

He says, "There's no time for that. We got to help. Come on!"

You try to help Fash stand up. You take him by the hand and get him on his feet. He takes a few stumbles toward the fighting, barely able to keep up. You put yourself under his arm to support him. Its a bit awkward of a stance hunched over. You hadn't realized exactly how much shorter he was than you. You hope that the potion is will give him more strength still. If this is all he can do, he isn't going to be able to do more than take an arrow for someone.

The walk to the fight is a strange experience. So many times you wanted to drop Fash to be able to run and help the others. Only being able to help the man hobble over slowly taxes your heart as you watch the rest of your friends risk their lives. You near, step by step, the large Feller. You can tell he is becoming exhausted. His movements are sloppy and sluggish. Fash lets you go and begins to take steps on his own, you are unsure if you ought to insist you keep helping him or not. He moves as if he is continually falling forward and charges his previous opponent. There is no stopping him, you run with him.

The Feller, while engaged with one other Runner, sees you both coming. He takes a low swing at Fash as he runs by, catching Fash by the feet, but not before Fash smashes his mace onto the side of his head. The Feller falls like a mountain. You and the other Runner take advantage of the moment to finish him off. You take exaggerated swings for good measure. The menace is finally dead. Fash just lays there with wide eyes. His boots are sliced at the shins. You don't to want to imagine what it looks like, nor how it feels.

Fash speaks softly, "Got him."

It makes you smile. "You did," you say assuring him.

He mumbles, "Why is revenge so sweet, yet so literally painful?"

You remember that there is still fighting happening. You look about you, but see that most of it is over now. Only a few Fellers remain standing, while you see in the distance a small portion retreating. The magical boon of the Runners made up for lack of number. There isn't much left for you to help with. The fight is over and the Runners stand victorious. Yet only a few Runners stand, and even fewer stand unscathed.

You see that most Runners are tended to. Fash seems to remain conscious and relatively stable. Thanks to a plentiful amount of potions, any Runner who was not killed ought to live. Most have lived through the encounter, but there are three who did not make it. None of these you knew personally, but the thought of three of the people you were just quietly travelling with were now dead settled as well with you as peacefully as a boiling pot. Someone calls for a reminder to take any magical weapons or useful loot from the dead. The thought just sounds as gruesome as combat itself. You only bring yourself to glance on a surface level of the dead or dying warriors. You notice that the Runners only exclusively heal their own. The wounded of the enemy are left without help.

One of them calls out to you with weak cries for aid. You guess the man is a few years older than yourself. His bread isn't the thickest and his body is cut up. His armor is mangled, it looks as if he took a large brunt of the damage given by your comrades. He retains several injuries and barely moves. His eyes are glued to your concerned countenance.

He speaks with urgency and a face full of tears, "You there... Please. I don't want to die. I didn't want to fight you. I don't want to be a Feller, hardly ever did. It was my brother's idea... I'll be one of you. Join you Dawn Striders... Oh please help me. Don't leave me to die without a friend. But if you must... Give me a burial worthy of Contentous."

----------------------------------------

- Give him your blue potion
- Promise the burial and end his suffering
- Apologize and end his suffering
- Ignore him

Top Bottom