Frilzer

Select the save file.

Tolvan - Dawn Runner ... SELECT!
EMPTY- ???
EMPTY- ???

Loading various bands... 10%
Pro tip: You can die.

Loading magic weapons... 32%
Lore: It is said that man sailed from another land to the continent...

Loading relationship statuses... 41%
Hint: You can custom option just about anytime.

Loading landscapes... 55%
Lore: Isolationist cities generally don't allow visitors, unless it is of an imperative matter.

Loading bandits... 68%
Lore: The Dawn Runners are not always perceived a friendly band, but generally respected.

Loading radical religions... 83%
Hint: Remember which relationships matter most!

Loading loading current situation... 99%
Pro Tip: This is funner when everyone participates!

Hold! You are about to continue your game, would you like to resume using your last choice?

- Yes, I want to say something like "You shall not pass!"
- No, I want to say something else... Please input what to say.
- No, I want to make one of the previous options and which one?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
You shall not pass. I feel like we should have saved this line for a bridge but you never know when life decides to cut itself short.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I have a bad feeling that our MC is going to die in a stupidly reckless battle surrounded by many enemies, but I want to see what happens anyways.

Frilzer

- Yes, I want to say something like "You shall not pass!" (everyone)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As your two friends steadily backup, you stand firm. Nothing should scare you. You are a Runner! You are now someone you always looked up to as a child. If takes all your mental to keep your feet planted. Your feet naturally want to take off and never turn around. You look fear in the eyes and know exactly what to say to the demonic man.

"You shall not pass." You say as powerful as possible. It sounds more like a mouse's roar.

"WHAT?" Turagav questions as the fires on his head reach further into the sky. "WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE!? WHERE IS YOUR TRICK?!"

His voice seems to tax your body. Obviously he didn't hear. You build up the courage to again speak, more definite in your conviction. "You shall not pass!"

""YOU DARE STAND IN MY WAY AND DENY ME PASSAGE?! THIS IS WAR RUNNER!"

Turagav's monstrous form lumbers toward you, ax raised. You shrink. The blood from your head drains and the ping of impeding death overtakes you. You can't even lift your sword. You know you are suppose to, but your arms won't move. This is it.

Turagav lets out a roar as he is pierced by an arrow in his side. Immediately, a javelin lodges itself into his neck, cutting his roar short. His figure falls like a like a tree onto the ground letting go on his ax as his hands reach for his bloody neck. His body quickly reverts to its normal self. An illusion. Of course. You had thought of such of thing was possible. You quickly regain your wits.

"Serves you stinkin scum right!" You hear. You realize it was Stach, and that he had thrown the javelin. You can tell that the arrow came from the trees. You just assume a fight might have been inevitable...

You scan the battlefield and in your minds eye, see what the current situation is...

fellers 1.png

The larger circles are ones on horses. Ones with letters indicate who they are if you know their name.

The Fellers are taken back at the surprise strike on their leader. This lasts a mere moment before a chunk of them begin to charge forward with a barbaric ferocity. They yell vengeful threats as they go. You tighten your grip on your Sword of Courage, it looks like you will need it. You are sure they are still oblivious to the number of Runners in the trees. They are coming at you fast, one on horseback. You yelp into the sync ring for help if they didn't already get the message. It'll be some time before your group manages to make their way over here...

You try to think what might work best. You decide you need to...
--------------------------------------
- Press them head on. For Solaris!
- Run toward your group in the trees and regroup ASAP
- Try to divert the Fellers attention by running in the opposite direction of your main group, try to divide them up or at least facing the wrong way
- Run for the cows!
- Custom option

Attachments

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Hold your ground, giving the other Runners time to move in and flank. Fight defensively, and retreat if absolutely necessary.

Frilzer

-Hold your ground, giving the other Runners time to move in and flank. Fight defensively, and retreat if absolutely necessary. (Everyone)

-----------------------------------------------

You back up a few steps to be next to Teanna and Vander. You think quickly that

"Teanna, Vander." You say, "We have to hold our ground to give the everyone else the best chance to sweep the Fellers from the side."

Vander readies his long mace, raising it high above his head curiously. He gives a quick "Ok."

Teanna draws her sword and raises her shield near you to protect both you and her. You glance at her face and see her give a small smile.

The charging Fellers are mostly armed with shield and ax. There are about six and one on a horse. When drawing near they begin tossing smaller axes your way. You and Teanna duck with the shield and axes begin to pound the shield. The wood begins to give way and the shield's integrity begins to fail. Some axes goes all the way through and are only barely stopped from flying into you both. Fortunately the axes cease before that occurs. Vander attempts to drive out of the way, but still takes a cut to his leg. Stach runs out of his shrubs away from you and throws another javelin scoring a solid hit one of the ax men preparing another throw. Fash makes his way over to you before the Fellers do.

"What happened?" Fash asks.

"Is this really the time to ask?!" Teanna nearly screams as she tosses her destroyed shield on the ground. She grabs one of the throwing axes impaled in the ground and returns it to the Fellers, unfortunately hitting a shield. You think its a good idea and do the same. Unfortunately as you look up, the horseman is almost upon you. The mounted Feller seems headed to the wounded Vander. You arent quick enough to throw the ax. Vander manages to stand and raises his mace high again and swings it at the incoming rider. The mace head turns black and smashes into the front of the horse with far more force than you could fathom Vander swung with. The horse falls onto Vander while throwing the rider a few yards into the dirt.

"Vander!" Fash yelps. "Frik frik frik. Focus!" The burly men are only a few feet away and dont seem to be letting up on the charge. A couple have fallen a bit behind the others. You panic and throw the ax, only to have it glance on a shield and fall harmlessly to the ground. You want to give yourself some credit for it actually hitting the target, you were never the best thrower, but it does you no good. You ready your sword while realizing you have no real fighting experience. You have had plenty of practice sparing, but nothing this real.

The same Feller your ax bounced off of has seemed to select you for his target. His war ax in hand he recklessly attempts to bash into you with his shield. You try to move out of the way and surprisingly manage to successfully. You aren't sure how you managed to move that fast. The Feller tries to recover from his sprint as you slash his back. His gambeson seems to take a large portion of your blow, but the hit causes him to fall to the ground. You take the opportunity to this time stab him in the torso. You pull the sword out and in paranoia stab him again just to make sure. You figure he probably isnt going to get back up after that. The moment is slow and surreal. You just killed a man... Probably. It seems like an entire minute goes by with nothing else happening.

You become aware of your surroundings again and look up. You notice your comrades struggling against their opponents. Stach is further away and has seemed to draw the arrows of their bowmen. Fash is defensively trying to hold his own against a huge and relentless opponent with a great sword. Teanna is trying to hold off two of them. You have the feeling she is trying not to run, but is being pushed back. You can tell she is use to having a shield on her.

You have to help one of them...

fellers 2.png

---------------------------------------------

-Help Fash
-Help Teanna

Last edited:

Frilzer

- Help Teanna (2)

Because I want to continue this, I'll update even if there is little input after a day or two. Just so you all know.

-------------------------------------------------------

After assessing the situation, you decide that Teanna is in far more immediate danger. And, well, you have a feeling she has a thing for you. Something you aren't going to risk losing over some bearded goons who can't control their temper. You sprint to Teanna's aid while asking Solaris that Fash will be alright. Teanna moves a lot, trying to avoid actual combat as much as she can. In fact, she performs dodges and evasions that seem impossible. When one of the Fellers makes a swipe for her feet, she jumps back nearly floating in the air. When she lands the other Feller attempts to strike and she makes a parry while making an elongated dive to create more distance. She makes the dive toward you as she must have spot you. There is no way she could keep that up forever.

You engage a Feller who would have kept Teanna on the run. He takes a few wild swings that you only barely manage to deflect. You see Teanna now taking more offensive with her opponent. It seemed like you first opponent was so much easier to fight. It's far more difficult to see an opportunity that lets you get a good swing in. Your right arm gets hit, thankfully protected by your chain mail. An arrow strikes the back of Teanna's Feller. The Feller tumbles to the ground and she rushes to your side to help you. Even fighting two Runners, the Feller doesn't back off, but he does notice that his comrade has fallen and becomes distracted by the now visible white tabarded mob of reinforcements running from the trees. You and Teanna take the chance to attack. He blocks your sword, but he doesn't manage to stop Teanna from leaping over head just high enough for her to slashing his neck.

You scan to where Fash had been, witnessing him getting stabbed in the gut with a great sword. Oh. No. Your stomach drops, but your adrenaline keeps you in the moment. Fash falls onto his back without a sound. The Feller quickly looks for his next victim. The large beast of a man shouts at you at he sees the charging Runners. He retreats back toward his group of clansmen as quickly as he charged toward you, only to stop half way to yell at you. "Come and get me so I can add your hide to my collection! I don't have enough sun worshiper skins!" He continues to his brothers.

"Vander and Fash... Please be alive." Teanna says with a quivering voice.

Laivric rides up on his horse, bow in hand. "Nice job failing diplomacy, I'm sure everyone will thank you." He snears at you. "Now actually listen to me this time and stay back." He points toward your wounded friends.

He rides forward to the main group of Fellers. You see in the distance that most of the Fellers had began to form a shieldwall toward your position, being too late to effectively do it again once the horsed Runners manage to close the gap. The two groups clash and you see Laivric loose an arrow into the crowd. You can't tell who exactly is winning. Teanna runs to Vander. Leaving you by yourself. You feel you should go see what you can do for Fash. Or at least if he is alive. Yet, you see the large Feller fighting and fending off a couple Runners by himself. You could help prevent any more harm done by him...

fellers 3.png

------------------------------------------------
- Check on Fash
- Join the battle

Last edited:

Frilzer

Reminder, you have potions. I only hint this because it was months ago you got them and would be fairly unreasonable for me expect you to remember.

Top Bottom