Ended Dawn Runners, a Choose Your Adventure

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Well I don't like these guys already, they appear to be a stereotypical semi-antagonist group. I'd say we insult them to get back at them for being rude but not too insulting that they would attack us. I'll think of an insult later.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
"I was unsure of the reason for your beard policy, but now I see it's Contentous's solution to try to hide your protruding bellies."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
"Why do you grow your beards like that? Do you think if you never cut it you won't lose a battle? I guess most people need silly superstitions to give them morale."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I'm voting for Tolvan's, even if we get killed here, it would be completely worth it. I'd feel bad knowing we might cause other people to die though. Also, my insulting skills are kind of bad, I hate insulting people.

Frilzer

Sorry about not keeping up on this as much as I would like, had a bit of a crazy week. Ill update soon, for real.

Frilzer

"Well, I see nothing BUT women in front of me, so it seemed appropriate." (3)
"I was unsure of the reason for your beard policy, but now I see it's Contentous's solution to try to hide your protruding bellies." (1)

------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I see nothing BUT women in front of me, so it seemed appropriate." You reply.

The laughter stops and turns into "Ooo"s. One Feller actually begins to laughter harder but is quickly given a solid "shut up" punch but one of his comrades. The leader's head turns up while not taking his eyes off of you. His stare seems dead set on you. He nods. You look at your companions, Vander's hand is now covering his mouth trying not too laugh.

Teanna looks flustered and says "Good job, you somehow managed to insult them at my expense..."

Vander speaks while nearly laughing, "We're dead. We're so dead."

The Feller leader hold his hand up and the rest of the bearded fellows are immediately quiet. He speaks, "I admire your guts. A worthy quality, not many would say that in the position you are in. I am Turagav. One of the fourteen Brothers of the growing Fellers band." He gives you a moment to reply, you feel obligated to give your name.

"I'm Tolvan," you aren't sure what to add, "Um... Dawn Runner." You dont know what else to say, you arent a real leader of any kind. In fact you might as well just added "I'm new here" to that statement.

"Well, little Runner, my Fellers and I were just returning to Shadeland after visiting family. I presume you are from around here too?" The way he says "little Runner" bothers you, like he knows you have no experience. You realize that what he has been staring at is the wheat emblem amulet Kalack gave you before you left. You remember he said that it was his family symbol and that his family had a lot of connections in these parts. You honestly forgot you had it and it throws you off guard. You say the first thing that comes to mind.

You quickly say "Yeah." Turagav doesn't look all too convinced. You continue, "We are just coming through. Headed to Endwood. Our business isn't yours and we only wish to pass by."

As he speaks he takes a few steps closer to you, "You. Tall one." He points at Vander. "Where did your horse go?"

Vander doesnt even open his mouth. They must have saw him then. Shoot. Turagav harps him further, "Did it turn into a cow?" You notice the mooing in the background again. A couple of the Fellers chuckle.

Turagav speaks again. "You. Girl Runner." He points to Teanna. "Where are your other women cohorts? Come now, you aren't the first Runners I've seen. Let alone killed."

She doesnt know what to say. She struggles, "Well, we got separated from our group..."

"Wait." He interrupts her. "I know you. The Blonde Runner at Leth back in Shadeland?"

Her face brightens up again from fear to relief. "Yes! Yes! I was there only a few months ago! I worked with your fellow clansmen there, we worked out our difference, things were good."

You hear a few grumbles from the crowd of smelly men. Its only when the wind changed that you caught a whiff of his moldy stench. "You know they call you to Wench of Leth now, right?"

She give a flat "What."

"Tricks." Turagav says as his face becomes disgusted, "They say everything you did, every contract and job was in your favor, not ours. You were no friend of ours, merely used us."

She give another, but stronger "What!?"

The leader grabs his black ax from his belt. He points it in your direction. He's far enough away that its not too threatening, you have your weapons out too. But something starts to happen to him. He begins to grow a foot in size. His skin starts to transform into a charcoal black and his hair is encased by fire. No, it becomes fire. His hands look like molten boulders. His whole body begins to smoke, it blows in your face but doesn't stink. His ax becomes more wretched, it gets larger and grows fangs on the blade. Turagav has become some kind of monstrosity. You have never seen or heard of such a thing.

He speaks in a demonic voice, "So where are the others?! Where are your Initiates? Where is the trick?!"

Its as if fear were being injected into your veins. You feel your companions step back in recoil. The other Fellers calmly get battle-ready, its as if they didn't just witness the thing that just formed in front of them and you. It looks like they are expecting something to happen or it will soon be time to pluck your corpses like vultures. You feel like you have to do something, something or this thing will kill you. You...

------------------------------------------------------

- Attack Turagav
- Call into the synconite ring for the charge
- Stand firm and say something
- Custom option

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Looks like we're going to get into a fight unless we come up with some extremely witty line or loophole, which honestly probably isn't going to happen. Best case scenario the transformation is just an optical illusion. Then again the "You shall not pass" line is very fitting for this situation. Still, we don't know if we can stop them all to stop them from passing. I'm going to agree with Null just because I like the line. If they go to attack then we should use the ambush, no need to lay all the cards on the table just yet.

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I like the idea of Null's line. I'm betting this transformation is just an optical illuuuuusion.

Maybe add a sort of "you do anything besides walk on by, you'll find out just what tricks we have" line.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Don't we not want to admit we are using tricks though? I feel like that would add unnecessary trouble.

Frilzer

Hey if people want me to rez this, I will. I know I kinda disappeared, its been a rough couple of months. Give me some kind of indication if you want this to continue. I'll need something to do this summer and I swear the plot will move past the set up phase.

Requiem

It would be cool if you started up again. I'll be gone during most of summer, but it'd be cool to check out the story as it progresses from time to time.

Top Bottom