Ended Dawn Runners, a Choose Your Adventure

Frilzer

So a white sun on a white tabard huh? not sure how others will know who they're dealing with unless they just assume Dawn runners wear plain white tabards.

Anyway hug the total strangers.
I assume that you have seen my avatar.

And thanks TC.

Last edited:

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
That makes sense I guess, but doesn't change the fact that it would be difficult to recognizes on a battle field or from a distance.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
But does a simple handshake really portray who our character is to these people? Unless... Oh, we intend to deceive them and betray them later on to increase our own standing. Perfect we start things off with a handshake then and lay the foundations to our false identity.

Requiem

Frilzer, do what TC does and tally up what people say and then write the next post. Majority rules. We're never gonna come up with a consensus, at least not on things like whether to shake someone's hand or hug them. There'll be time for clear consensus later.

Also, hugs. Do the hug thing.

Frilzer

Req, there really was a tie and then people start changing stuff. Yeah, I should have just did a first come first serve type of deal on that one.

Handshake: 4 (Coolpool, Tolvan, TC, Null)
Hugs: 3 (Tirin, Mil, Req)

------------------------------------

You walk up to them and offer them a good ol' firm handshake. Dont want to be too platonicly forward. The tall one is first, he gives you funny look that tells you 'what? really?' and gives you the handshake. The shorter one, just shorter than you, ses your extended hand and shrugs. Using the shrugged arms he advances and gives you a bear hug and lifts you off the ground almost crushing you. He places you done after the Runners stop chuckling. And so you can breathe again. You follow them to some empty seats.

You try to start some whispered conversation with them. You ask their names.

The short one starts in a eager voice, "Im Fash, and your name was Tolvan?"

"Yeah," you reply. "And your name is?"

The tall one doesnt respond. Or look at you, hes concentrated on the rest of the assignments being made. Fash answers for him, "He's Laivric."

"Ok. Cool," you say. You arent sure if now is the best time to keep talking. No one else is talking to their new partners. You decide to keep quiet. But now you knew you were with a tall quiet guy for a trainer and a friendly thick fellow. The rest of the assignments seem to finish fairly quickly. The Grandmaster gives the scroll to Cor and begins to address the audience.

"You all have shown great trust in Solaris for being in this band. Im very confident in our newest Runners and feel they will quickly learn and help this work move onward. I feel to speak breifly to remind you of your purpose as Runners. It is not how those who follow other gods say it is. They say we only seek control. To overthrow. To get others to worship a false god. All these are false my friends. They may worship their earth, or their moon, or whatever planet or star they choose to worship. But they totally disregard what is most important.

The Sun, Solaris' gift and glory. Others may say, the sun is merely an orb of light meant to serve the earth or moon, having no real form and thus no god. There couldnt be anything further than the truth! The sun blesses us all with light! Even the moon cannot shine without it! Without light there is no truth at all! Solaris gives us loving warmth and grows the food on everyone's table! No life would exist without it! How they manage to discount such an important being is beyond me.

Remember, that your purpose is to make Solaris known. You are not to force others to follow Solaris, but to show them he is a just and truthful god! That he is the one who will protect the innocent. That he is the king of all gods. You are not to strike down those who merely worship other gods, but those who would stop Solaris from his true place as king of all.

There are not many of us compared to the numerous followers of other gods, but look at their separation! Their wars among themselves. Solaris is to bring order! All to be one with the Sun. No other gods can stop the fact that Solaris is behind us! He has given all who serve and follow him The Promise.

So go. Itll be hard this month. Remember, the hotter the furnace, the stronger the steel. And you are Solaris' sword."

The Grandmaster steps down and Cor steps forward and says, "You are all dismissed. Please return to your areas as soon as you can. We shall meet again next month."

Everyone begins to get up, much chatting begins. You follow your partners out of the amphitheater. As you leave you see many Runners talking and smiling, quite a joyful bunch actually. You dont catch much of the conversations subjects though. You have no idea where you are heading honestly. You see groups of traveling carts and horses tethered to them. Most trios of Runners begin to come this direction.

"So," Fash starts, "Sill finally got taken out huh?"

Laivric replies, "About time. I wouldnt be surprised if he was one of the three that got slaughtered in Silver Glade, he was always stupid that way. Too bad about Bannon though."

You want to contribute to the conversation, but you have no idea who these dead people are or were.

Fash says, "Yeah, he was cool. And Famore. She was hot."

Laivric glares at Fash as if he was attempting to rip his soul out with them. Fash takes a step back and forces a smile. He lets out, "What? She was!" He giggles at his own joke. Laivric breaks his glare and shakes his head.

Laivrics head perks up, "Oh, we need to get you a weapon," as he points to you.

"I already got one." You say, proudly pulling out your Sword of Courage. Laivric steps up to you and sees it. He looks away while inhales deeply and slow. He lets it out all at once.

"Alright. Whatever. You dont have a horse do you?"

"No," you say.

He gestures his hands as if introducing the cart with passenger seats, "Looks like youre in the cart."

Fash says, "I guess we have a little time anyway, we traveled here with most of the other Runners in the Tarrow and we'll go back with them. I think they some new guys too, so they might be a little while. You can probably go say goodbye to anyone you want to."

You think of who you would even really want to talk to before you go.

-------------------------------------
-Try to talk to Grandmaster Galvain
-Talk to Cor, maybe about helpful tips
-Talk to Kalack, maybe about the Tarrow
-Stay and talk to these two

First two votes that agree on something goes. Try to come up with what you want to ask or talk to the person about in your post.

Top Bottom