Ended Dunsparce's Pathetic Excuse For A Mafia Game - Game Over! Town Wins!

Dunsparce

A boring, ordinary, nondescript game of Mafia with no particular flavor.

Phase Time
-Day Phases will last about 72 hours. I may extend the day if I see fit, but without a hammer, the day will end without a lynch.
-Night Phases will last about 36 hours, or until all possible actions are sent in.

Chat
-Day talk is unrestricted.
-Night talk is restricted to lame jokes and annoying memes.
-Don't talk with other players about this game outside of this thread, unless it's through a channel specifically allowed by the gm.
--Exception: you can bug players to post something if they're not doing that.

Roles
-There will be at least 1 mafia player and 1 doctor.
-If we get enough players, I may add a mafia roleblocker and/or a cop. Not planning on having any more exciting roles than that.
-At least four people must sign up for this game to happen.

Miscellaneous
-Don't piss off the gm.
-Don't sign up for the game and then never post in it. Anatron.
-Have fun.

Players (4/4):
TC
Firedemon
Jeroth
Andy

Last edited:

Dunsparce

Day One begins! It's a good thing we managed to get five players so we can have a normal game!

With five players, it's three votes to lynch. Day One ends at approximately 1:30 PM EST on Thursday Friday.

New Countdown

Last edited:

Dunsparce

Xander has been mod-killed for cheating.

Xander, you are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special abilities. You win when the Mafia Player is dead.

With four players remaining, it's still three votes to lynch.

Firedemon

Obligatory lynch TC

So last game it became apparent to me that no lynching cedes a lot of power to the scum. I propose we not do that, and instead take our 1/4 shot and try to survive if we mislynch.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
It cedes power to scum, but there's something for town to gain from it too. Bit of a tradeoff, and I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea. When I get home I'm going to reread the previous game and try to make sense of all the logistics thrown around about it. Didn't pay much attention to it as GM.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Lynch Firedemon

I find it hella suspicious that you went from how it's better mathematically in the first game to how it's improbable in this game. Something about that seems wrong with how you heel-face turned with no evidence to back up your claim.

Firedemon

I stated that opinion at the end of last game. I had a specific situation where I believed I could maximize our chances of getting an optimal no lynch outcome, so I claimed day 1 and tried (and failed) to make it happen. The reality is that by no lynching, the mafia is a given a lot of control over day 2.

This also feels massively disingenuous that you think my desire to day 1 lynch is suspicious but are voting to lynch me right now.

AndyM03

This also feels massively disingenuous that you think my desire to day 1 lynch is suspicious but are voting to lynch me right now.
I agree with this

Second point though against firedemon, the exact situation you* lot got yourselves in to last game was:
Scum knew exactly who the doctor was
Town trust was at a minimum with eachother and doctor was ambiguous, basically ensuring the real doctor would self protect.
Combining those first two meant a guaranteed night kill for scum, plus with the social aspects of mafia meant that the dynamics of the day were planned out along with the kill. This gave me a heaps strong position day two.

We're not at eachothers throats just yet, we don't know who the doctor is, and therefore no lynch is still a great option for all the reasons you said yesterday. So I understand Jeroth's suspicion of you for completely changing your mind, as you're not actually following the logic you've set out for us (combining both games postings and assuming you're a townie and would be playing consistently).

*I say you lot acknowledging I was scum last game. If Tirin was playing this game i'd imagine he'd pick up on something like that and try to use this wording against me in a scary yet convincing manner.

Colonel Thunder

Lynch Firedemon

I find it hella suspicious that you went from how it's better mathematically in the first game to how it's improbable in this game. Something about that seems wrong with how you heel-face turned with no evidence to back up your claim.
Yeah this is a pretty weird misread since FD came around by the end. I'm mostly going to look past this since it's...kind of an early bad post? I have confidence that a Jeroth mafia would usually be more careful than that.

FD's TC joke lynch is predictable for a normal game, but given that we have 72 hours, only 4 players, and only 3 needed votes, I feel like sticking with that joke lynch means more than it otherwise would.

I'd give the same scorn to Jeroth for lynching FD, but I can see why he'd jump to conclusions if he misinterpreted FD's stance on no lynching in relation to the last game.

Could be wrong here, but I think Jeroth was lynching because he thought that you flip-flopped with no evidence, not because he thinks lynching Day 1 is a bad idea.

Also, I haven't gone back and read the thread yet so I could be full of it. I'll do that after stream tomorrow, and by then I anticipate Jeroth will have a follow-up.

*I say you lot acknowledging I was scum last game. If Tirin was playing this game i'd imagine he'd pick up on something like that and try to use this wording against me in a scary yet convincing manner.
That's become my greatest fear in mafia at this point. Dude convinced everyone to kill me the freaking cop.

Firedemon

Second point though against firedemon, the exact situation you* lot got yourselves in to last game was:
Scum knew exactly who the doctor was
Town trust was at a minimum with eachother and doctor was ambiguous, basically ensuring the real doctor would self protect.
Combining those first two meant a guaranteed night kill for scum, plus with the social aspects of mafia meant that the dynamics of the day were planned out along with the kill. This gave me a heaps strong position day two.
Clarification: I did not self-protect. I claimed specifically to deceive the mafia into thinking I would self-protect, and ideally hoping to bait a counter claim. By doing that I could maximize my chances to block a night kill and therefore produce the optimal scenario for town. But yes, because I didn't get my 1/3 shot on blocking the night kill you were able to stack the deck for day 2. You had your choice of who to get rid of between Dunsparce and Jeroth, and your choice of who to counterclaim between myself and the other. This is the reason I don't think no lynching is a good idea. Last game I wasn't entirely sure if I could convince everyone of that, but saw a way to maximize the chances of the optimal day 2 scenario.

I've also just spelled out the exact play the doctor could pull this game that I think would make no lynch worth it, but by doing so the optimal mafia rebuttal should be obvious. I assume this time around the mafia would have called that bluff anyways, because I mostly spelled out this play last game, but maybe I'm giving one of you three too much credit.

FD's TC joke lynch is predictable for a normal game, but given that we have 72 hours, only 4 players, and only 3 needed votes, I feel like sticking with that joke lynch means more than it otherwise would.
I had only made one post after that joke lynch, not really sure what you think that means. Well, no, I know what you're insinuating because I know what this game is, but I think that's ridiculous. I'm gonna leave it there for another post just so you can squirm.

Could be wrong here, but I think Jeroth was lynching because he thought that you flip-flopped with no evidence, not because he thinks lynching Day 1 is a bad idea.
But if he thinks it's a good idea, disregarding that I stated my reasoning after the last game because he probably did legitimately miss that, is it scummy to come around to a correct conclusion? Though I do think my sudden role claim last game should have made it clear I wasn't working in the confines of my big math post anymore and I did state in my first post this game that it "cedes a lot of power to the scum", even though I didn't fully explain that until now.

Colonel Thunder

Any sudden transition of opinion should be looked into in a game like this, whether it's to a conclusion that makes sense or not. I'm getting a little lost on the Jeroths motive business but ultimately I'm not getting a scum vibe from him yet.

Not a huge fan of FDs verbiage around "making you squirm", seems like you're placing yourself in a seat of daytime prowess that you haven't earned. That, and it was a lousy response to my understandable concern.

I'm waiting to see two key posts before casting my initial lynch.

@Dunsparce can we get a day extension?

Dunsparce

@Dunsparce can we get a day extension?
Of course not. You're barely a day into your three day limit. I'm not just gonna give you unlimited time and turn this into Inactive Mafia. If you get closer to the end of the day then I'll consider it, but for now, work with the time you have.

Top Bottom