Forumer Chat Thread

AndyM03

Just saw Dunkirk. Great war movie, but far from my favorite Nolan flick.
I definitely felt it was unique in creating an experience. Not sure if you saw it in the cinema but the use of sound made me quite literally feel vulnerable haha. Teared up at the Churchill speech because struth it's a good one.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Just started classes today; economics doesn't seem like too bad of a time so far, but given that I've spent all of three hours actively giving attention to it, I may be jumping the gun. I wish all you shitters the best in your university careers, whether you're graduating like FD, just starting your degree, or intend to go further with your education.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Both. The minor offered by my university requires two courses of each, then four more upper-year economics courses; I'll have it half-done this term and finished in the winter. I think I'll focus on macro, though, for the sake of pursuing value (that is to say, mad cash dollas) in my personal life as well as academically. Like I said, though, I'm pretty fuckin' fresh on this stuff.

Walrus

I've been binging Hunter X Hunter these past three days. I wish it was more like JoJos, but I'm enjoying it. Almost at the introduction of nen.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I just spent a significant portion of class time learning about Canada's GDP, and I had to stop myself from laughing when my teacher (for whom English is a second language) said "Canada GDP". That alone makes me think that I'm gonna have a good time with this.

Personally, I haven't been hitting up much new anime lately, though I've been (slowly) going through DBZ Kai and expect to binge the shit outta Super once it goes far enough. For any Warhammer 40k fans out there who haven't heard of it, I strongly recommend If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device, 'cause it's pretty funny and pokes fun at a lot of 40k, both in and out of the lore. Probably not even a bad way to be introduced to the series, seeing as I don't imagine a lot of people here have the money to throw around on models - I certainly don't.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I've been binging Hunter X Hunter these past three days. I wish it was more like JoJos, but I'm enjoying it. Almost at the introduction of nen.

Honestly, I love Jojo, but Hunter x Hunter might be more tightly written and is more poignant at times. Hunter x Hunter is sort of a masterpiece of being a shounen, yet deconstructing it.

Personally, I haven't been hitting up much new anime lately, though I've been (slowly) going through DBZ Kai and expect to binge the shit outta Super once it goes far enough.

I have close friends that are super into Dragonball and I've heard them just talking about how it's been pretty bad. There are a few good characters, but the "Goku Black" arc is notoriously bad. You do you though, muh dude.

As far as anime, I've just been watching Yowamushi Pedal. It's surprisingly good.

Walrus

Honestly, I love Jojo, but Hunter x Hunter might be more tightly written and is more poignant at times. Hunter x Hunter is sort of a masterpiece of being a shounen, yet deconstructing it.
Agreed on the writing. I was hoping it would be as bizarre as JoJo, but there's still plenty of weird content (Hisoka, the serious time coin catching/guessing game), the 2011 anime adaptation has been packing a lot of developments into a quick pace, and the fights are frequently short yet clever.

Requiem

I wouldn't suggest you start watching it yet, let more episodes get released first, but My Hero Academia is the tits. The dub is pretty solid as well.

Walrus

@Requiem Ha. Good suggestion, but I'm already caught up on the My Hero Academia sub. It's pretty entertaining. Season One had an incredible finale that solidified All Might as best character (of the season; All Might's role has seemingly become less significant now that the story's moved further). In terms of my personal shonen tastes, I'd say JoJo > Hunter x Hunter > My Hero Academia.

Last edited:

Requiem

It's a genuinely well written show. With a cast as big as this one I'm surprised they manage to give everyone character development. I'm sad it's gonna be one of those shows that last for umpteenth seasons and hundreds of episodes, but if they manage to keep up this level of quality, I'm all for it.

Senpai

Jorler's Significant Otter
Holy shit guys I just drove 16 hours straight in a 14 year old jeep to my grandparents house to get away from Irma with no problems. I'M SO SURPRISED AND MY JEEP NOW DESERVES A TUNE UP FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD BOY

Top Bottom