Forumer Chat Thread

Anatronman

I'm gonna take a shortcut to the morning and hopefully this memory will join 13th's .doc

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I finally watched that anime movie 'Your Name'.
I really liked it.
I've been meaning to watch it, but I think I might watch it with my girl thing soon.

However, I totally recommend Devilman Crybaby to people:

It's a hypersexual, hyperviolent psychedelic trip and reimagining of the original manga in 70's. It's a very raw show and I really enjoyed it. This series (Devilman) also inspired a lot of my favorite writers/directors such as Gen Urobuchi (Writer of Fate/Zero & Madoka), Kentaro Miura (Writer & Artist of Berserk), Hideaki Anno (Director of Evangelion).

It's made by Go Nagai, who is also one of the first pioneers of manga genres. He pioneered the ecchi genre, the super robot genre and pushed manga from being gag comics to serious stories.

It's ten episodes and I binged it in a night, the next morning before work and right after work. It's a very pop art-esque aesthetic and it's refreshing to watch. The first episode I found interesting and great, but the second episode is when it picked up for me.

EDIT:

A link to the opening is here. I think it's super neat and never skipped it.

AndyM03

Hmm i'm always so picky when it comes to beginning a tv show, even if it means sitting around doing nothing for three hours thinking about starting a tv-show instead of just giving one a go.

I watched Three Billboards last night and I think i'd appreciate something more light hearted. That movie had so many uncomfortable scenes.

Requiem

I doubt you still need the help @13thforsworn, but if you do, windows actually still saves a copy of your work even if you don't save it and I don't mean the auto save function.

You should be able to dig into your files and find a copy of the word document that has some measure of what you wrote on there, but if it was just a paragraph, that may not be enough to help.

Just thought I'd post this in case it helps you or anyone else out. I forget how to do it exactly, but Google helped me when I needed to do it one time, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Nothing is ever lost when you put it on a computer.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I don't know if you mean Devil May Cry or Devilman Cry Baby.

Either way, nice. I still need to watch your name!
So I binged Devilman Crybaby yesterday, but I didn't terribly enjoy it overall. The problem was that I didn't really care for the protagonists, and I really disliked the antagonists. Also, the ultimate plot twist was predictable from like 9/10ths of a season away.

Your Name was a fun, cute little heart-wrencher.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
So I binged Devilman Crybaby yesterday, but I didn't terribly enjoy it overall. The problem was that I didn't really care for the protagonists, and I really disliked the antagonists.

It's one of those things akin to part 1 of Jojo. It's made in the 70s so I didn't expect something groundbreaking. To each their own. It's very much a show with broad opinions on it. I think it was great for an adaptation of old content.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Fair enough. Had trouble getting through Season 1 of JoJo as well, (although I really enjoyed Season 2), and Berserk never really tickled my fancy either. Dunno exactly why, but with Berserk and Devilman both, the emotional moments just kinda started falling flat for me after a few rotations - the Sirena fight was the only one that actually kind of interested me. (And it didn't help that I also hated everyone except the hip hop crew.)

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Part 1 of JoJo was always just okay to me. The series didn't really get great until part 2.

Also Pikachu

Dunsparce

Are we even gonna try to do forum awards this year? I think we tried last year but just sorta gave up halfway through, and activity has only continued to stagnate.

Top Bottom