Forumer Chat Thread

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Am I that wrong? Sure, he was no Legendary Hero, but Tom did have a bit of a cult following on and after Urealms. That I remember, he was the only real prominent community figurehead for that last year or two.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The fact alone that he had a cult following instead of general respect can tell you that he was nothing even close.

13thforsworn

I don't think it's even fair to compare 0corn/Chocobo with Phat, as they served hugely different purposes in the community. 0corn and Chocobo moderated the forums with a finely toothed comb, and were part of every thread and discussion. Phat served more as a server admin for Legendary Heroes; Team Fortress 2 servers, Minecraft server maintenance and mod support, Pro Miners League, etc. He would of course dip into threads on occasion, respond to a report if need be, but he wasn't nearly as active with the forum posting community as his predecessors.

That's at least the way I remember it. He was a good dude, and I think people gave him shit unfairly. He got burned by Rob too like the rest of us, much worse than the rest of us for that matter.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
See, I'm not hating on Phat. In fact, I never even heard of Phat before yesterday. On the other hand, you just couldn't be a regular forumer at the time and not have heard of 0corn and Chocobo.

AndyM03

Yeah I vaguely remember the username but honestly i've got no clue as to what the bloke was like.

Requiem

In December of last year, he updated the Kickstarter saying that the art direction was finalized and that he finally had a full team to make the game how he wanted it after his own personal goals had changed since the Kickstarter originally went up. It's more complex and instead of there only being two races, Dwarf and Kobold, there's gonna be five, Dwarf, Kobold, Elf, Keen, and a new race in the lore of UR, the Porc. They're humanoid pig men, they look cool. It's also not Rob doing the art, so it has a different, distinct look, but still feels like UR.

There's also going to be a new UR webshow. Rob will, thankfully, not be the one animating it, but he does still work with the guy who's going to be doing the main work. Rob's main efforts are focused on UQ and the UR tabletop game/show they run which makes them bank. Overall, things are on the up and up for Rob and while it took years for stuff to come together, I'm glad to see him successful as opposed to the grimmer alternative. He's also single, but that happened a ways back. Not sure who here would care to know, but Sugar/Kitten isn't around, so that's a thing. They're apparently friends, so neato.

There's your Rob update. Maybe you don't like the content he puts out now (you should check out the tabletop stream they do, they use tabletop simulator and the game is actually really cool and interactive in ways for the fans), but at least he's got things going well. That's nice to me.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I've been watching all of Rob's tabletop stuff since he started it. There were some good ones, and some subpar ones, but overall they're not too bad. If you like that kind of stuff. Which I do.

Ro Ro Ro

Apparently it's still in development. No idea how long it will take him to finish if he eventually does.
Really? Last I heard Kitten left him. She was working on the game with him, so when she left, the game died. I wouldn't be surprised if she took a chunk of the money from that kickstarter as she left. Rob does it a lot. He comes up with pretty cool ideas, and suddenly drops them because he loses interest. It's annoying because he keeps showing up in the different communities I'm already a part of. Same shit every time. I don't think he means to con people out of their money, he just can't sit still. He's like those parents that move constantly, causing their kids to switch schools every time.

Top Bottom