Forumer Chat Thread

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Oh that's pretty neat. I've always been bad at mafia though.
While I'd like to play some forumafia, I'd prefer to focus on RP at the moment, and don't think I'll have a hell of a lot of time for both between other shit I'm busy with. It's the nature of school.

13thforsworn

I played DnD for the first time today. I rolled a Tiefiling Warlock. Our first quest was to retrieve a mechanical spider from a local gang leader at a bar. I ended up getting super drunk with the gang leader, and caused a mini earthquake that distracted people (including the gang leader) long enough for the rogue in the party to deactivate the mechanical spider that was clasped to the gang leader's arm and steal it. We also made off with the gang's chest, which we haven't opened yet. So basically I got shit-faced, and got paid doing it. 10/10 would DnD again.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Paid, schmaid. The Guild in Arkala paid Swagga, son of Iolaf, a golden treasure for his carousing - and yet, he was poor.

Last edited:

Chickenspleen

My younger brother has this satirical podcast that he records every few weeks. They've been having a high-profile feud with the school yearbook and now legal action is being considered. It's intriguing.

Chickenspleen

That's what I do, man. I reel people in with vague statements.
Here's their website. I think they've briefly taken down their podcasts. There was one that was basically a call-out to the yearbook.
They've also got a twitter that makes fun of the yearbook's twitter. I think you might be able to find some angry responses from yearbook people.
I don't have any links to the legal stuff, but apparently they're being investigated for breaking the Dignity For All Students Act because of their insulting the yearbook and they've been planning their legal defense.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
My student union hosted gambling at their bar last night, and between some insane Plinko value and some lucky hands in hold 'em, I got away with eight free drinks and $5 profit. It would've been a damn good time even if I hadn't, but the sheer value certainly helped out.

Salsy

Back from NOLA and Mardi Gras, did I miss anything?

Ro Ro Ro

I would join Jeroth's mafia game, but I don't have the time right now. After next weekend, I will have the time, and I may join in on the next one.

In other news, next weekend is a furry convention I'm going to. I am going to be in the fursuit dance competition. Look forward to a video linked somewhere of my performance.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Hey guys, just checking in.

For the record, trying to get a short story published anywhere is about as difficult as you'd imagine. I wouldn't recommend it.

Requiem

Hey guys, just checking in.

For the record, trying to get a short story published anywhere is about as difficult as you'd imagine. I wouldn't recommend it.
Make sure you know what their time frames are like. Sometimes it takes months to get your story noticed because of the volume of stories being sent in for publishing. On top of that, the magazine or collection that you're submitting to might only do annual releases or some other form of strange release schedule, so keep that in mind as well. If they release four issues a year, that's a better bet, or even more, but it just depends. Make sure what you've written also fits what they're looking for. This seems an obvious tip, but some people overlook the specific criteria and send in something that doesn't fit at all to what the publisher is looking to do.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
No, yeah, definitely. I've been making sure to pay real close attention to that kind of stuff.

I think it's mostly just a quality thing right now. Not up to the editors' standards. But, that's alright; it's a learning process.

Top Bottom