Forumer Chat Thread

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Posting online is actually considered publication by most places, so a lot of them probably wouldn't accept it if they found out.

I'll dig through and see if there's any stories that I'm not gonna submit anywhere else. If there are, I'll post.

Requiem

You're technically allowed to host snippets here and there, especially for the purpose of getting critiqued. It's mostly sending your stuff to multiple official places that you have to watch out for. Some places won't accept your work if they found out you sent it to another place, maybe even blacklist you. Beyond that though, you're allowed to post your stuff if you want to, that's not against any publishing rules I know of.

Also, you might want to talk to Hannah about this, she published a book on Amazon. It's not a bad idea to self publish these days. You'd get less exposure though. I forget what Hannah's name is on the forum, but TC knows and could get you two talking if you decided to go that route.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
I don't think I'll go the self-publishing route, but nonetheless, you guys are helpful as fuck.

<3

Salsy

I can only imagine it's a toll issue but it's been awhile since I've driven in New York, let alone lived there.

13thforsworn

Something going on, 13th?
I can only imagine it's a toll issue but it's been awhile since I've driven in New York, let alone lived there.
That's exactly it. Trying to pay a toll on behalf of someone back here in Canada and it's a pain in the fucking ass, especially because of the hours of the call centre. But I think I can settle it. I was super pissed off about it yesterday.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Any of you Americans from New York State and dealt with New York Thruway Authority before? Message me if so.

Man, what happened to us? We used to be so cool years ago - talking about Unforgotten Realms and video games.

Now we talk about careers, goals and paying taxes/tolls.

Top Bottom