Golden Lore OOC - Closed

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
But yeah, no humans for you either, Tolvan. Human is open to other players though.
Banning elves for me would make more sense, but then I already banned em for myself. For dryad, I think a humanoid with a slightly tree-like appearance, connected to a tree somewhere. Could be interesting for the character not to know what tree they're connected to. For living statue, the idea was that some wizard or whatever screwed up a spell and brought a statue to life. For the latter option, I'd be carefully avoiding making the character emo or existentialist or anything.

Requiem

I'm mainly banning humans for you guys because they're plain and boring. Elves at least have something going for them. Though now that you mention it, yeah, no elves for you, lol.

And yes, avoid making Mary Sues. For example, your dryad can work in a bar or something. "I'm connected to some tree somewhere, not sure exactly which. No skin off my leafy tits, who wants tequila?" As for your statue, I suppose that's fine. Doesn't seem bad for the moment, especially if his character is interesting.

Fair warning to everyone though, if you make a character that can't be healed through conventional means (as in a statue or a slime, etc.), you might have a harder time. I like injuring characters. Living statues, for example, could have their fingers or arms blown off. Even losing function in a knee could cause that statue to not be able to move at all. Just depends on the situation and the character.

I'll probably do dice rolls as I've done in the past. Nothing too crazy.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I wouldn't pick a werewolf as in this lore I'm treating them exactly like werewolves.
A sensible resolution.

Also, reservation here.

Name: Saitomo
Race: Human
History: Saitomo used to be an ordinary salesman, but then one day he ran into an escaped lunatic who had the ability to turn into a giant prawn and absorb damage with his nigh-impenetrable prawn armor. After defeating the madman, Saitomo decided to become a hero, and spent the next three years on intensive physical training.

Appearance: Saitomo looks extremely average aside from the white jumpsuit and yellow cape he wears, until he gets annoyed or enthusiastic. Then his muscles bulge, and he looks fit af.

Personality: Has a strong sense of justice, but gets bored or distracted very easily.

Magic:
He's just a guy who's a hero for fun.

Misc.: Saitomo's training regimen was so intensive, it caused all of his body hair to fall out below the neck.

Last edited:

Requiem

Woops, forgot to add in the personality and appearance sections. I'll add them to the sheet now. Thanks for doing that Jeroth.

@Jeroth - We're going old school here: first off, add to your magic section. What does Physical Augmentation mean exactly? What can he do? What can't he do? What are his limits and is there room for him to improve his grasp on his magical powers? Does he even care to? Are his powers instinctual? Just some random questions I have.

His name: how do people named Bree and Duncan have a kid named Diarmuid? How do you pronounce Diarmuid? Also, this isn't me knocking the name, there's plenty of good explanations why he would have that name. "It's a family name", "My buddy bet me we wouldn't do it", "Your mother and me used to smoke a lot of fucking miragebud when we were younger". That said, he also needs a last name.

Other than that, clean up your grammer and, even though I struggle with it a lot as well, try to edit your history so that you're not using the same nouns over and over. Saw a lot of "the man" in that fight scene. Just your average "git gud @ RP" post from me. You've got this.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
@Jeroth - We're going old school here: first off, add to your magic section. What does Physical Augmentation mean exactly? What can he do? What can't he do? What are his limits and is there room for him to improve his grasp on his magical powers? Does he even care to? Are his powers instinctual? Just some random questions I have.
I'll definitely add it, but to workshop it more with you.

What can he do?
  • Harden portions of his skin. (E.g.: Hardening his hands/forearms)
  • The ability to enhance his muscles/focus his strength? The best way to describe it is a "Super Strength-Lite".
What can he not do?
  • Grow Taller.
  • Shift his form at all.
What are his limits and is there room for him to improve his grasp on his magical powers?
  • Self-imposed limits so that he doesn't start breaking his arm with each punch.
  • Currently, he can only use one facet of his power at any moment.
Does he even care to? Are his powers instinctual?

@Jeroth
His name: how do people named Bree and Duncan have a kid named Diarmuid? How do you pronounce Diarmuid? Also, this isn't me knocking the name, there's plenty of good explanations why he would have that name. "It's a family name", "My buddy bet me we wouldn't do it", "Your mother and me used to smoke a lot of fucking miragebud when we were younger". That said, he also needs a last name.
Because the Plot Demands It.

More than likely it'll be a family name.

@Jeroth
Other than that, clean up your grammer and, even though I struggle with it a lot as well, try to edit your history so that you're not using the same nouns over and over. Saw a lot of "the man" in that fight scene. Just your average "git gud @ RP" post from me. You've got this.
Cool. Will do. I just wanted to get whatever I could down on paper before I forgot about it and didn't touch it for weeks on end like Kratour's Star Wars game. Also, I wanted to make sure you were cool with the character. I'll probably clean it up tomorrow.

Requiem

Alright, sounds good. Clean up the stuff I asked about, add in that last name and you should be good. I'll clear you once you've got that going.

Also, inb4 I just nickname him dire mud.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So let me get this straight, it's modern day but with a bunch of fantasy races and everyone one has magic so it's all pretty mundane for everyone and they just go about their everyday lives?

Requiem

More or less. There's plenty of schools of magic and if people want to, they can practice their abilities. Not everyone has godlike power though. For every person who has fire magic, there could be someone like the kid from the X-Men movies who can change the channels on the TV by blinking.

I'm also vaguely operating on the idea that "when everybody's super, nobody is." There's also the fact that this game has gone through many iterations before, all of them failures for one reason or another, so instead of going super in depth trying to make some tolkienesque universe that is fully fleshed out and makes sense, I just make it a barebones version of itself. Seriously, this game goes all the way back to like 2007. It's almost ten years old. I just wanna run a game where fantasy characters run around a modern setting with magic/superpowers and some plot happens.

Requiem

I mean you played the game before, you know all this. Nothing has changed really. Like I said in the OP, it's not on the level of Shadowrun or RWBY, but it's like those, yeah. You're not gonna see robots or cyborgs (unless the plot made sense for it at the time), but you're also not going to see horse drawn carriages or catapults. It's simply Shadowrun but a few hundred/thousand years earlier so that the technology is on the level of our modern world.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I mean you played the game before, you know all this
Actually, I never played Golden Lore. Or at least, I never remember it.

It's simply Shadowrun but a few hundred/thousand years earlier so that the technology is on the level of our modern world.
So, what I said before? It's Shadowrun minus the cyberpunk aspect?

Also, I did some work on the biography and added stuff.

Requiem

I remember you being in at least one run of the game. Could be my brain tricking me, like I said, it's been nearly ten years, lol.

And sure, yes, it's Shadowrun minus the cyberpunk stuff, but it still would be better to say that it's specifically set in our modern age. Shadowrun is very blade-runner futuristic, which includes being set in the future as opposed to only having advanced tech. That's eventually just semantics though, so no worries.

And cool, I'll check it out.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I remember you being in at least one run of the game. Could be my brain tricking me, like I said, it's been nearly ten years, lol.
I'll be honest, I don't remember ever being in Golden Lore. I do remember it being hyped and I may have been intimidated when I was younger.

Aside from that, cool cool. I look forward to when this shoots off the ground.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
What do I need to fix up? Anything? Should I go more in-depth about the abilities, maybe?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I don't know who that is, but I'm guessing it was a troll character sheet for MoH.

Requiem

I was being silly while not giving a shit about anything at all, so yes, it was a troll character sheet for Mark of Heroes.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah - that was "troll" as in "trollolol," not as in "fucking prick."

Anyway, I'll get on making a serious one tomorrow. Just wanted to bring up the Saitama reference because of what you said about good characters having limited badassery, before.

Top Bottom