Golden Lore OOC - Closed

Requiem

@coolpool2 - Just clean up the sheet for the things I mentioned. Your character doesn't seem too powerful or two weak and has room for growth, so that's pretty much the best position for you to be in. Let me know when it gets cleaned up and I'll accept it.

@Easy - Cool, that gives me leeway to do things throughout the game, perhaps leading into some fun things for you as an individual player. We'll play it by ear as the game goes by.

Requiem

@Tolvan - Try to do more. Look at the other character sheets and see if those don't give you an idea of what to do. Flesh out her personality because that's pretty bare. her power looks fine, but go more in-depth with it. I'm not saying add more to it or take stuff from it, but describe every facet of it to me. How strong is she with it? Is she able to heat water up or cool it down? If she can freeze it, that would suggest so. What are her weaknesses? Does she have room to grow? These are all things I need to know as the GM.

As for her history, when I said this was a modern fantasy RP, I didn't mean make it a fairy tale (that's a joke, by the way). A college graduate taking their degree and making a top construction firm in the capital city of the most powerful country in the world? The fact that she got a job is the fantastical part.

Everything else, I just have slight issues with. Not every character has to start the game knowing how to fight. You might be at a loss in combat situations, but that's why everyone has magic to fall back on, plus any latent abilities or skills that come with your race and history. Your character seems more like a middle class citizen who got adopted fairly quickly, so play into that. Maybe she had trouble getting adopted at first, but otherwise enjoyed her time in the orphanage. Maybe a hooded figure watched her grow up without her knowing, suggesting there's more to how or why she was orphaned. I also want to know the names of her parents.

As for your skills, it's more of the same as before. What college graduate, who didn't go to some sort of military or magic school, would have training fighting with a spear? it's alright if she played around with water/ice spears in her free time since that's what her power is, but that's not really training, now is it? She wasn't taught to use a spear, unless she's meant to be self-taught, but then again that brings us back to not every character needs to be know how to fight.

Like I said, read the other sheets, look at where there are holes in the group. We have a hitman on anti-psychotics, a Goblin Crime Kingpin, a unisex slime science experiment, Frodo the Colossus, dorky indiana jones, and now a nice dryad girl. The group has the anti-heroes, your oddballs. It wouldn't be so bad to fill it out with good guys. That said, I don't want wholly good characters. You can make her a normal, middle-class citizen who has some shitty political opinions that put her at odds with others (like Goblins or Halflings, those fuckin' little people stealing our jobs), or just something else that makes her stand out. Try to find a balance to keep her looking like a normal person. No one is wholly good or bad, for the most part. There are exceptions to every rule, but I don't see your dryad being the exception here.

@coolpool2 - I'll look at it in a bit, thanks for letting me know.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Let's get some progress going here, yeah? I'm pretty stoked to get up on running that modern-age goblin crime kingpin.

Requiem

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this. There's stuff in the works with other players and their characters.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, I was talking to Tolvan more than anyone else.

Requiem

Oh yeah, I meant beyond just him. Kratour and Maky are interested in making characters.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I would say "I didn't know that was going to happen" or something like that, but that would imply that I now do, in fact, know that it's going to happen.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Would you be alright with someone joining late? I'm interested in this rp, but I'm going to probably not have access to the internet all weekend and I'll probably be drawing robots for Walrus all day today.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
By the way, you didn't really give us any information on what we're actually doing in this rp. Are we fighting bad guys? Fighting good guys? Fighting morally gray guys? Have diplomatic debates? Starting a crime ring?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I know what I'm gonna be doing. I'm gonna be lying, stealing, cheating, and surviving all over the place.

Requiem

Put your titties into a tighter twist, people are taking awhile. I'll touch their butts

Top Bottom