Guild Wars 2 75% Saturday and Sunday [Expansion Hype]

Requiem

Oh right, 13th, tell everyone what server to pick or what portal/gateway/doohickey they need to be on.

Far as I can remember coolpool, all you need to do is be in the same set of servers. That's NA for us. I believe I'm on Crystal Desert specifically, but that doesn't matter in the long run. Just need to be friends with someone on the same server group, NA or EU, in order to play with them. If I were you though, wait for 13th to confirm, just to be safe.

13thforsworn

Well I bought the game, I hate character creation in MMOs though. I can never decide between mage, theif and archer classes. Usually I just go mage but I generally like other ones too. So do you guys play on the same server?
One of the great things about GW2 is that server doesn't matter in terms of playing with your friends (minus WvW). I play on Jade Quarry, which is a full server 99% of the time unless you get lucky at like 4am. I can still play with my friends who plays on Crystal Desert. I just join his map and we go on our marry way. The only time server matters is in World vs World, which is a pvp game mode in which 3 servers are pitted against each other and fight for control over keeps, castles, towers, camps, etc. It's basically three armies of hundreds of people fighting for control over the map. If I'm on JQ and you're on CD, we can't play together.

But in any other instance, we can play together. If I were you, I'd try to get on a server in the top 6 to 10 ranks on these leaderboards. It tends to indicate a healthy server population as well as of course healthier WvW scene. To my knowledge, Jade Quarry, Black Gate, and Tarnished Coast are full 99% of the time, so Fort Aspenwood, Yak's Bend, Dragon Brand, and Sea of Sorrows are decent choices. The one's I just mentioned are tier 2 servers except for Dragon Brand, which is a tier 3 server that by the looks of it has had a lot of success in WvW recently. But ya, I'd pick one of those.
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Huh, what a coincidence, I picked Jade Quarry earlier solely because the name sounded cool. I tried out the game a bit earlier, did a jumping puzzle, mostly fell to my death.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Uh elementalist. I like crushing my foes with giant icicles, but yes I choose sylvari.

13thforsworn

Fucking sylvari. You motherfucking cunts. (Just kidding, I have two sylvari characters myself. I'm enjoying this newly incited sylvari racism due to the finale of Living Story season 2).

This is my sylvari elementalist:

Requiem

Requiem.####

I'll find it later, lol. We should plan some events though since there's so many of us. I'm down to clown if you guys are also prepared to clown.

Firedemon

So is there actually raid content or is 5mans as big as it gets?

Also also, are guilds cross server or do we all need to be on the same on to make one?
Don't know about the guilds, but there are "raids" in that there are multiple open world bosses that generally take 40, 50, 60 or more people to take down. I believe they also scale up once you exceed a certain number of participants. There is also individual loot for these, so you won't be spending ten to twenty minutes with 100 other people to kill a boss on a two hour respawn timer only to get nothing, though you may find you get nothing useful to your class.

Zircom

Don't know about the guilds, but there are "raids" in that there are multiple open world bosses that generally take 40, 50, 60 or more people to take down. I believe they also scale up once you exceed a certain number of participants. There is also individual loot for these, so you won't be spending ten to twenty minutes with 100 other people to kill a boss on a two hour respawn timer only to get nothing, though you may find you get nothing useful to your class.
Further research on these "open world bosses" reveals that you can simply zerg them down and there's no sort skill or strategy involved whatsoever. Which sounds boring as fuck. Probably just gonna end up renewing my WoW subscription lol...

13thforsworn

Further research on these "open world bosses" reveals that you can simply zerg them down and there's no sort skill or strategy involved whatsoever. Which sounds boring as fuck. Probably just gonna end up renewing my WoW subscription lol...
No strategy? Have you heard of Triple Trouble? My guild was trying to figure out the strats for that son of a bitch 3 weeks straight. I think we were like top 3 NA to kill that motherfucker. Admittedly, this is probably the hardest boss in the game at the moment, but not all the bosses are giant zerg fests. As for raids, they're working on them. No idea when that's happening though.

As for guilds, they're cross server and you can be in a total of 5 at any given time.

Top Bottom