Guns of Icarus Online

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't think I'd like this game but now it's pretty fun. Did horribly the 1st match, but then just somehow between that and the 2nd match I did so much better, even managed to down a ship, and now we're all doing pretty good as a crew. The matches are pretty quick too so it's not a big commitment to play a quick match, which is good 'cause I don't have a lot of time to play video games right now.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Yeah, I just popped on not too long ago to do a quick match or two. Usually they last maybe 15-20 minutes from my experience.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Well we're still in the novice matches. It's 2v2 first to 5 kills. Usually if we suck they last about 15 minutes but if we're not skrub-ing they end really fast because we end up wrecking the other team. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for our crew.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Sounds good. The game definitely widens after the novice matches since there's more creativity since you can use something outside the three basic ships of Junker, Goldfish and Pyramidion along with the three variations of each ship.

Also, you'll probably hate the maps in novice and think there's a lack of selection - it opens up after novice. About 6-7 maps get included with the originals.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I'm looking forward to customizing my ship, because I'm figuring out which guns I like and which ones I never want to use again. I can't hit anything with the mortars.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Some ships totally depend on the mortars, honestly. As long as you have an armor-stripper to run along with them, they're downright devastating.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'm looking forward to customizing my ship, because I'm figuring out which guns I like and which ones I never want to use again. I can't hit anything with the mortars.
I recommend doing a practice game. It helps out immensely.

The only firing tricks that I know of are for two guns:

Mortar - Aim slightly above the target since the mortar will actually arc back down. It never fires straight ahead and it starts to fall.
Minotaur - Aim slightly ahead of where it's headed to hit the very tip of the ship. Aim at the middle if you want to knock its back. If it's stationary, you should be fine.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
For long-distance mortar fire, use Lesmok rounds (and burst rounds for close-range fire). For long-distance Hwatcha fire, use heavy clips.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
[6:30 PM] Peter C.: Riyant
[6:30 PM] Peter C.: Riyant, I took out a ship by ramming it today, while flying the Mumen Glider.
[6:31 PM] Peter C.: I shouted "JUSTICE CRASH" while I was doing it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
NOTICE: If anyone is unaware at this point, there are still a couple of days left to go for the Lunar Novice Phenomenon. (http://steamcommunity.com/games/gunsoficarusonline/announcements/detail/883072411108017802)

Basically, send the devs 10 screenshots of you playing with a novice (or, presumably, being one) on your crew, and you get unique reward stuff.

How they verify that those were actually novices, or if you need 10 different novices, or if those were actually your screenshots and not somebody else's - I don't know. They haven't been answering any of those questions. Still, doesn't take much effort to hit "F12" a dozen times and then send an email.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
How they verify that those were actually novices, or if you need 10 different novices, or if those were actually your screenshots and not somebody else's - I don't know. They haven't been answering any of those questions. Still, doesn't take much effort to hit "F12" a dozen times and then send an email.
It can be the same novice. I sent in ten photos with the same guy and they gave me the rewards.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
So is this happening tonight? I need to get my mind off of the fucking Darkest Dungeon. That game just beat the shit out of me emotionally.
It... might later tonight. Still working on some stuff.

Salsy

Ro3 just got it the other day and gifted it to me as well. Pally has it too I think.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Top Bottom