Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, lemme just go ahead and put out my thoughts here - specifically with regard to roles, and who's confirmed.

Dunsparce: is confirmed. He's confirmed damage boosts on people, he can hide behind people to become untargetable (confirmed, since I tried to track him on night 3). Good shit, do not lynch.

Easy: is actually... confirmed. I thought for a while that he could be Sombra, since she could have heals in the form of hacking health packs - but what she doesn't have is damage boosts, and town is confirmed for having two. I don't see anybody else out of me, Anatron, or Andy claiming Zenyatta, so... there you go.

Anatron: is, surprisingly, not 100% confirmed as Rein (I think; I don't think I saw confirmation of anyone saying "I took no damage last night" on nights where Anatron and somebody else targeted them, but please let me know if I'm wrong here); he does a lot of single-target damage and his ult removes the ability to vote from all of its (successful) targets, but I'm not aware of anyone saying he shielded them for sure. On the other hand, he smacked Req on night 2, so... that seems pretty unlikely as far as a scum play goes. In any case, he's played townie enough in the day phase that either he's a solid townie or literal mastapeece scum, and probably deserves that degree in not sucking dick at mafia now.

Andy: isn't confirmed by any means, has been vague all game, is pushing hard today to lynch between one confirmed townie (Easy) and me, when I'm everything but 100% totally confirmed. This would be similar to, if Anatron were in my position, Andy demanding we lynch one of Easy or Anatron, and similarly is scummy as fuck for that reason. Oh, right, and he hasn't successfully scumhunted anyone, just jumped aboard the bandwagon when it looked like people were gonna die anyway. Nice.

Obviously, I'm gonna say I'm town - because I am, and there's really no evidence at all suggesting otherwise. I've played in a fashion that directly benefits town, directly harms scum, and would be an extremely difficult line for an independent character to walk. I'm not gonna outright state I'm Hanzo, though that is the prevailing opinion: but for flavor, consider that Hanzo bailed out from his criminal empire and traveled the world looking for redemption after fucking up Genji, 'cause he felt like the worst guy in the world. Does that sound like a serial killer to you?

tl;dr: Andy is the most likely scum of any player left in this game, and by so wide a margin it's legitimately not even close. Townies (or at least one of them) should lock in a no lynch and say "Riyant, please end this fucking day, because we/I don't want to lynch other townies when we could kill Andy instead". Especially Anatron, since he targeted three people to lose votes and only Andy didn't. Why would you want to have to vote with him now, when he's blatantly playing his hand?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Easy’s play on Day I is full of unnecessary lying and distractions. Shitty Town play, good scum play. He’s Easy, so he basically has forum invincibility.
Tirin isn’t Zenyatta.

There’s a Zenyatta.
Zenyatta has no protection whatsoever from enemy attack, besides using ultimate. Those were all really necessary lies and distractions, for that reason; they had the excellent effect of keeping the scum from targeting me, except for Andy that one time, because only Andy would be mad enough to try it. They also didn't harm the flow of night information in any way - I made sure of that, when I was crafting them.

I made no mistakes on Days 1 & 2; even the TC lynch doesn't count as a mistake, cause thanks to that horrible theorycrafting of his he could have quite possibly ended up killing myself or Tirin by now if he'd stayed alive, especially if he busted out his rockets on Tirin Night 1. Not worth it. Good lynch.

Speaking of Zenyatta having no protection, that alone oughtta make it clear that Andy, who's still alive and has a vote, isn't Zen. Well, you could convince yourself that he might've Zen ulted last night, thereby explaining his invulnerability and Tirin's healing, but I'm willing to bet that Tirin isn't back to full health, (which he would be, after a Zen ult, trust me on this), and you should certainly be willing to bet that Andy didn't Discord himself on Night 2.

Also, he's claiming Genji really hard - but that's just a footnote, really.
If Hanzo is Town, which... haven’t seen any real argument for why he wouldn’t be, then tracking instead of doing damage makes sense. If he’s independent, providing more information than is necessary is silly.
Hanzo's not affiliated with Overwatch; neither is Zenyatta, to be fair, but Zen's unambiguously The Goodest Good Guy Ever and Hanzo's more of an anti-hero who killed his brother and many, many other dudes, and now roams the world failing to shoot things and dying uselessly over and over again in his never-ending pursuit of honor, and with honor, redemption.

It's not a great fit, but it can fit. And honestly, making yourself look like the toppest top-tier scumhunter, that Town really needs to keep around, is a solid play for winning as an independent. It's just that like Tirin said, doing it the way he'd have to have been doing it is a really fine line to walk. But if Andy's not anti-Town, then Tirin's gotta be. We're pretty much out of other options.

Anatronman

Personally, I think it’s a stretch to include 76, Tracer, Hanzo, AND Genji. That alone is making the late claim more than questionable.

Tirin has failed to confirm himself Town every day. We never had a Cop, and the ult charge was apparently a red herring since nobody got rewarded for shot selection. All arguments put forward for why he could be neutral make some sense, but not as much as the simpler explanation.

Besides, he’s 100% not Sombra.

Easy is 100% not Sombra.

Dunsparce is 100% not Sombra.

As for me, I think I was redirected Night 1 because I took no damage. Night 2 I swung for 100, which is definitely not the 80 points of damage Andy fired Night 3 and at least one other Night. I can confirm that none of you took damage that Night because I blocked everybody but him and FD.

I left the confirmed Mercy able to vote so the option to hammer is available. If we go to Night 5 I won’t be able to deal with abilities that don’t deal directly with damage.

Personally, I feel that if the game doesn’t end the second Andy is lynched, it won’t be hard to vote a Hanzo out tomorrow.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Personally, I think it’s a stretch to include 76, Tracer, Hanzo, AND Genji. That alone is making the late claim more than questionable.
True. He also used a move to make himself untargetable last night, despite his claim that he can ult to make his deflect hit somebody else's face. Since he knew that Easy was gonna hit him last night... the thing that he would do if he really had that ability would be "deflect them onto me, who he thinks is scum". Of course, I'd never admit I took the damage - but why would he not take the opportunity to hit somebody he's claiming is the SK for nearly 300 damage?

Tirin has failed to confirm himself Town every day. We never had a Cop, and the ult charge was apparently a red herring since nobody got rewarded for shot selection. All arguments put forward for why he could be neutral make some sense, but not as much as the simpler explanation.
Yeah, that's... you can't confirm yourself town. That's not how that works (barring a "mayor" type role - which is among the most powerful, in my opinion). Other people need to observe your play (and in the case of this game, correlate your abilities and the gamestate with a characters of a given alignment).

I left the confirmed Mercy able to vote so the option to hammer is available. If we go to Night 5 I won’t be able to deal with abilities that don’t deal directly with damage.
Um... if you had hit all three of me, Andy, and Easy, you wouldn't have been able to hammer today. Two votes isn't enough.

Personally, I feel that if the game doesn’t end the second Andy is lynched, it won’t be hard to vote a Hanzo out tomorrow.
No, it wouldn't. I know that I'll die if Andy isn't scum; I just hope that when I flip town in the following day phase, Easy and Dunsparce will remember that one another are confirmed and you're not.

I'd also like to point out that this game is effectively solved as a result of those confirmed townies (cough, with a lot of help from me) and it's not the SK's job to solve the game for townies. It's kinda the exact opposite, actually.

If Andy flips scum - or, even better, an independent Australian - I am going to laugh my fucking ass off and give this game the biggest "I told you so" of all time.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If Andy flips scum - or, even better, an independent Australian - I am going to laugh my fucking ass off and give this game the biggest "I told you so" of all time.
Holy shit, the Andy is Junkrat theory actually makes so much sense. It would explain why Req shot him, it would explain his claim of a 120 damage "dash", and it would explain his claim that it can be used offensively or defensively - Junkrat's mines do damage, but also launch him like fuck. It would also explain why Andy's been pushing so hard on the SK Hanzo theory; he knows there is a serial killer in this game.

TOP LEL

Anatronman

Unless Junkrat is a bus driver, I’m not seeing it.

I obviously didn’t mean that you’d be confirming yourself, just that being a Tracker doesn’t preclude you being Sombra. Everyone else can confirm interactions like damage boosts or heals.

You are right that we don’t have enough people to hammer, so No Lynch.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Hold up, that doesn't explain why I got roleblocked Night 3.

Oh, shit - steel traps.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Would also explain why Req apparently shot him, besides Req potentially just really wanting the game to be over badly enough to start completely throwing it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
No, it wouldn't. I know that I'll die if Andy isn't scum; I just hope that when I flip town in the following day phase, Easy and Dunsparce will remember that one another are confirmed and you're not.

I'd also like to point out that this game is effectively solved as a result of those confirmed townies (cough, with a lot of help from me) and it's not the SK's job to solve the game for townies. It's kinda the exact opposite, actually.
Also, I'm gonna confirm with this plan. Pretty sure Anatron would've just hammered me when he had bountiful opportunity if he was scum, but Dunsparce's damage-boosting thing confirms pretty hard, and so does mine, and that's shit there's simply not an alternative explanation for.

Dunsparce

Alright, at least one of Easy and Tirin is town, and they both seem to think that a no lynch is best for today. That's enough to make me second guess myself, so fuck it.

No Lynch

Of course, the no lynch will only happen if Andy agrees to it, or if nobody makes a post of substance for 24 hours. If Andy's scum, he'll probably try to derail the game for as long as possible.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
's alright. "Post of substance" is at GM's discretion, and blatant filibustering probably isn't gonna fall into that category.

Anatronman

I like that I went from super confirmed to not confirmed once you realized you could get accurate numbers off of everyone else.

Yes I’m technically still not confirmed, but that doesn’t change all the things that were true yesterday.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah. I'd rather lynch Tirin than you at this point, and I think lynching Tirin is a terrible idea. Almost as bad as lynching you, which is just not as bad as lynching myself or Dunsparce.

Lynching Andy, though? Actually a pretty good idea, if only it were possible to hammer him today.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Goddamn, though. That new animated short. Inb4 Young Drunkhardt becomes a skin that I absolutely have to acquire.

Top Bottom