Ended ONE NIGHT ULTIMATE WEREWOLF - Werewolves Win Day 1!

Walrus

Making a ruling here: You're allowed to say lynch/FoS/execute/whatever X as much as you want in this thread, but it holds no weight and you don't have to stick with those votes. At the end of the 72 hours, you send me your final votes.
but perhaps the rules don't apply to you.
This may come as a shock considering that I am the Walrusy fishbowl mayor man, but there are no secret rules in this game. All rules for each role are fully described in the OP.

Lotus

No shock. Prodding for response from the guy that wants me dead for not jumping to easy mode.

Also, thoughtless lynches can straight lose the town the game. More thought and discussion should go into every player, and every reasoning.

Walrus

@Walrus for mod clarification: If there are no werewolves, town has to no lynch to win? They can't win if they lynch a minion or towny?
This is correct, and there are two scenarios in which the town could possibly no lynch
Way #1: Everyone sends me "No lynch" as their vote.
Way #2: Some people do vote to lynch somebody, but nobody receives more than one lynch vote.

Whitetiger

Nah it's just me being salty. Basically it was a super role madness game where everyone had 2-3 abilities + an ultimate which was usually super strong. They couldn't use their ult until they were lvl 6. Everyone gained a level every day and night phase I believe, but mafia gained an extra level everytime a towny was lynched. I suggested that we don't lynch on day 1 because any town we accidentally hit is going to be a power role and will also give an extra level to mafia so they get their ults early. Well we ended up lynching a 3 shot vigilante and mafia got their ults early which lost town the game because they were able to overrule the town majority via ultimate bullshittery.

/rant

CooLDoG

I'm just going to say that up to now I would vote for lotus at the end of the day.

More explicit reasons for why lynching lotus tonight would be a good idea:
1) none of lotus' posts are aimed at figuring out who it would best to lynch. All of them are pointless banter. This is in conflict with his post #24, which says we shouldn't be thoughtless, but without discussing who we want to lynch it would be thoughtless
2) Lotus is more likely to be a werewolf than not, and as town, this means I should lynch him. This is based upon the fact that instead of posting original content all that Lotus does is repeat things that other people say. What lotus repeats are safe positions that allows him to slip under the radar, this is a tactic that werewolves would use to avoid getting lynched.

Whitetiger

Also I'd like to point out that there are 3 out of the 8 roles that want to be lynched

1.The Tanner - He wins the game if he is lynched under any circumstance
2. The Hunter - If he is lynched he has either a 1/3 or a 2/3 chance of hitting a werewolf (if there are no werewolves he has already lost by being lynched so who gives a fuck)
3. The Minion - If there are any werewolves in the game this guy wants to be lynched because it means no werewolves are lynched and he wins with them

So we have to put a lot of thought into who we want to lynch today.

Lotus

1. I have near zero experience or skill in day 1 scumhunts. I joined this game to develop that skill. My many posts are a mix of my having nothing better to do, and an attempt to be active and engaged. My post #24, as you kindly jested, was my attempt at scumhunting. The only players that have said anything that didn't involve rules questions are you and I. I suggested that a jump to lynch is a bad idea, after you jumped to lynch me for saying mass claims are bad, which they are. There's no exe type role here, but I can only presume that you are a werewolf, and are using any weak offense you can find to get a non-wolf lynched so you can win the game.

2. What exactly have I mimicked, other than affirming those rule questions?

Whitetiger

My math is wrong on my last post, I was including both the person who was lynched as well as the hunter, but in the scenario that the hunter gets lynched, he fills both positions. He actually has a 1/4 or 2/4 chance of hitting a werewolf, which is obviously a pretty decent shot considering how hard it will be to get support behind lynching a werewolf when 2 other roles want to die and minion is trying to protect them.

CooLDoG

2. What exactly have I mimicked, other than affirming those rule questions?
Mass claims are boring
Mass claim is always boring. In typical games, it's also fairly anti-town to request one, in my opinion. Exposes what roles are good targets.

In this setup, I dunno, still boring though.
^In this quote you are sitting ontop of a fence. You contradict yourself, take no strong stance, give yourself the possibility of going for or against a mass claim in the future, and you add nothing original because you are saying pretty much the same thing that Ross is saying. You are being a wishy-washy crowd pleaser. Also you assume that there is a town to start with. There could be only one town member which is dumb, but it could happen. This set-up and the 1night mechanic is very dumb like that.

I honestly don't think there is a way for us to actually make a well thought out lynch in this set-up. That's why whenever walrus pulls this game out I always berate him for liking a game that is literally just luck. The fact that we have the possibility of having so many different roles which could fundamentally change the way that we should think about the lynch makes it impossible to make a rational decision... The fact that the tannor/minion could be in the game nullifies scum hunting. The fact that there could be no wearwolves nullifies the concept of lynching... we have no way to gain any information on these topics because we don't get any night results to go to a d2 with. That means we are literally playing off of gut.

And that's why I want a mass claim. At least with a mass claim we get at least some sort of idea of what set-up we actually have (the wolves will lie, duh, and if there are mason's their claims will naturally draw suspicion). Naturally, this will be an incomplete picture, but we would have a better basis for our lynch at least. But if ya'll just want to roll dice at the end of three days, that's fine by me.

Tag_Ross

Guess who just passed out, also this game looks a bit boring with everyone being serious, where's all the shit posting?

CooLDoG

also, wtf? There are a shit ton of situations where massclaims win mafia games. Like, don't even. I can cite sources of off-site games that have been won by town forcing a mass-claim.

Top Bottom