Ended ONE NIGHT ULTIMATE WEREWOLF - Werewolves Win Day 1!

Tag_Ross

If you had voted Firedemon you would have won.
Let me fix that, town shouldn't win with the set up. Three players claimed hunter, it was obvious by your stance on lynching hunters that you were a role that wanted to be lynched. FD, I felt might have been a Wolf because he claimed hunter after my post saying a Wolf was best to claim hunter, but I know he would be smart enough to have claimed it with any anti town role, so I didn't even try to Lynch him. Cooldog was obviously scum for asking for the mass claim. Which left the only possible town option to be Lotus, so I passed him off.

My only two possible options were FD and cooldog, one I know if smart enough that he could have been any role, and the other who I've never played with and hasn't said anything in over a day. I took my shot and we got the results.

Tag_Ross

@Walrus But the problem is if I fake claim minion, I don't actually know there are any wolves alive. If there are, they will believe the guy who counterclaims me who knows exactly how many there are.
Yep, then all three would just Lynch the other guy, who happens to be hunter and would use his hunter kill on one of the wolves.

But that wouldn't win tiger the game.

Lotus

Let me fix that, town shouldn't win with the set up. Three players claimed hunter, it was obvious by your stance on lynching hunters that you were a role that wanted to be lynched. FD, I felt might have been a Wolf because he claimed hunter after my post saying a Wolf was best to claim hunter, but I know he would be smart enough to have claimed it with any anti town role, so I didn't even try to Lynch him. Cooldog was obviously scum for asking for the mass claim. Which left the only possible town option to be Lotus, so I passed him off.

My only two possible options were FD and cooldog, one I know if smart enough that he could have been any role, and the other who I've never played with and hasn't said anything in over a day. I took my shot and we got the results.
That's why I felt Bodyguard was a safe claim for me.

Tag_Ross

That's why I felt Bodyguard was a safe claim for me.
Yep, with WhiteTiger claiming Hunter he ensured that if there was a hunter, two wolves, and a minion that the game would just be a game of "better hope that I target the same player as him and that the player is a Wolf."

Tag_Ross

Oh and @Requiem, the reason you don't claim is because as soon as one person claims pretty much everyone is forced to claim. With all the fakeclaim Bullshit that happens after it could be better for town for everyone to play blind.
Also you don't urge people to claim, that's a pretty easy sign that you're scum, you wait for someone to claim and react from there, even if the claim isn't fake someone's going to jump on it like an idiot.

Tag_Ross

Honestly, now that the game is over and I know the set up it would have been best for me to not counterclaim, but still point out how lynching hunter is idiocy, if I refused to claim in the end I could have looked like scum to the tiger, and a safe target for the scum to throw their lynches on.

Requiem

Oh and @Requiem, the reason you don't claim is because as soon as one person claims pretty much everyone is forced to claim. With all the fakeclaim Bullshit that happens after it could be better for town for everyone to play blind.
Also you don't urge people to claim, that's a pretty easy sign that you're scum, you wait for someone to claim and react from there, even if the claim isn't fake someone's going to jump on it like an idiot.
Like I said, I wasn't suggesting you always do a mass claim, but when no one is doing anything and all you have to do is talk anyways, something's gotta give. It's one thing in mafia to wait for night actions to go through for information and another thing when you just have to talk.

If all you can do is talk, you're just gonna sit there exactly like everyone did this game waiting for someone to slip up. Then 2/3rds of the game is over.

Whitetiger

It was honestly a shit composition for discussion. The 3 scum don't really care to talk because they can just lurk. And the tanner's only purpose of discussion is to make himself look like a good target, which is hard to do when 3/5 of the players don't really feel the need to talk.

Requiem

Which is true, but in that case, why not fuck around anyways? Is being quiet and shitposting for the sake of winning even any fun? Yeah you win, but what's the point of that when you really didn't do much before the win? Even in a heavily skewed game like this one you can still do fun stuff in it.

Tag_Ross

Like I said it's likely that the set up of the game can make it more beneficial for the town players to play blind, in this case it could have easily been beneficial.

Tag_Ross

Which is true, but in that case, why not fuck around anyways? Is being quiet and shitposting for the sake of winning even any fun? Yeah you win, but what's the point of that when you really didn't do much before the win? Even in a heavily skewed game like this one you can still do fun stuff in it.
Let me put it like this, the best part about statesians games is playing strategically, yet this game is set up in a way that makes the best strategy to not have a strategy and hope for the best, that is until an anti town player tries to play strategically by rollerblading we were able to shut that down for the first day and a half, but then tiger figured he could ensure himself the win if all the requirements were available(they weren't even close)

Lotus

Since I played this to practice my day 1 play, how do you guys think I did?
Was my claim solid?
Did anyone scum detect on me?

Cause I'm pretty god-awful at playing scum. Look how quickly I was outed in Day kill madness.

Requiem

No, you're misunderstanding me. I get that being quiet wins the game for anyone, usually. I get that you're trying to play to win the game.

But when winning the game means sitting on your thumb and spinning for a while without talking about anything, what fun did you even have? Who cares if you won? Being quiet is a legitimate strategy, this will always be true, but when everyone is quiet and the game basically goes nowhere and no one has fun dicking anyone else around and is just focused on getting the win, why bother playing?

Requiem

Since I played this to practice my day 1 play, how do you guys think I did?
Was my claim solid?
Did anyone scum detect on me?
Cause I'm pretty god-awful at playing scum. Look how quickly I was outed in Day kill madness.
I don't think you were outed quickly in day kill. Easy just wanted to take Tim's kill on you away because it was funny. Then we got a mafia kill out of it. That was really just a bonus.

Top Bottom