Ended ONE NIGHT ULTIMATE WEREWOLF - Werewolves Win Day 1!

Walrus

Rules clarification - The PLAYER(s) with the most votes is lynched (so long as they have more than one vote)

Walrus

Rules clarification
-When you vote, you choose whether you want to lynch one of the other players or if you don't want to vote
-THEN the player with the most votes is lynched (so long as they have more than one vote). If everybody chose not to vote (or if nobody got more than one vote): nobody is lynched.

Walrus

@Tag Ross: Whitetiger is correct. Nobody is lynched in that scenario. You need > 1 vote.

Walrus

CoolDoG - 2 (Lotus, Tag Ross)
Tag Ross - 1 (CooLDoG)
Firedemon - 1 (Whitetiger)
No lynch - 1 (Firedemon)

CooLDoG has been lynched!

CooLDoG
was the Minion
Lotus & Firedemon were the Werewolves
Tag Ross was the Hunter
Whitetiger was the Tanner

Roles not in the game: 2 Masons, 1 Bodyguard

Game Awards
The "Ineffective Mastermind" Award goes to Whitetiger!
it's pretty hilarious that there's the possibility of only one town, 3 anti-town, and a tanner.
Not only did Whitetiger guess the actual role set in this game within Day 1's first hour, but he also was the only non-werewolf player that didn't lynch CooLDoG (he lynched an actual Werewolf instead). However, as the Tanner, Whitetiger failed to attract any votes.

The "Most Annoying" Award goes to CooLDoG!
CooLDoG started the game complaining about One Night Ultimate Werewolf, demanding a role claim strategy, and attacking Lotus when he disagreed all in an effort to try and be obnoxious and get himself lynched. Towards the end of the game, CooLDoG caused a rules clusterfuck when he misunderstood the mechanics for what I called a "no lynch" rule and thought he found a way to break the game. This was especially annoying for me because I did not expect anyone to misunderstand the rule in that way. To be clear: If 2 players vote to kill player A and 3 players "no lynch" (more appropriate wording: 3 players do not make a lynch vote), player A dies because they are the player with the most votes.

Other Notes on the Game
1 - The "No Lynch" rule that I included here is actually a house rule to One Night Ultimate Werewolf that my playgroup has commonly used. The official ruling is that each player must vote for another player. In practice, this means that a table of players that all wanted to do a no lynch would have to intentionally vote so that nobody gets more than one vote (if playing this game in person, this often meant everyone agreeing to vote for the person next to them in a circle around the table). In running additional rounds of One Night on the forum, I plan to remove this "no lynching" house rule to avoid rules confusion.

2 - 72 hours felt a big long to me, especially because this game had inactivity problems (I'm looking at you, Firedemon). If I do another round, I think I would reduce the day 1 time limit to 24 hours.

Feedback
Thoughts on the game? If people are interested, I could easily set up another game. I have a few different sets in mind. Could do a 3 player 24-hour variant next for a leaner game.

Last edited:

Requiem

Not roleclaiming in a game of werewolf is stupid. Nothing happened in the entire game until people just went ahead and roleclaimed like they should have.

Yeah, there's individual reasons for specific roles not to role claim, sure, but the whole point is to try and catch people in lies and solve the mystery from there.

I'm not saying there should always be mass claiming, but when all of you just didn't do anything for the first like 48 hours of the game and things only picked up once the claiming started, that says at least a little something.

As for the time, I expected it to be too much, but 72 hours almost ended up not being enough. If the roles were different and whatever rules issue there was got solved, 72 would have been plenty of time.

Whitetiger

I didn't really have any way to win because werewolves and minion know I'm not mafia and don't want to lynch me if I claim hunter and once minion claims the wolves can both just lynch him for an easy win. I just ended up spite-lynching the mafia at the end.

Tag_Ross

What you should have done is just not start the roleclaims by claiming the town role that nobody should purposefully Lynch.

Top Bottom