Ended Pally and Ro3's Maquerade Mafia - Night 4

Pally

Two people died tonight. They where Tirin the Illuminati Master and Stealthy the Town Contessa. Day start.

The Master - Illuminati

• Mirror Game - During night phase target one player. The target gains this ability and the user gains their ability. Cannot be used Night 1.
Contessa - Town
  • Immune to all targeted abilities.

Pally

Contessa was a shit role that I will rework heavily for v2 of this game. In post game I'd love to explain a lot of the game theory behind this setup in a separate thread. Originally it was meant to be a safe target for gifted/cooperative roles as well as a town jester in a way. Only some of which made it into the game.

Firedemon

Somehow I feel Tirin as Illuminati should have been obvious. But hey, we now know Jeroth definitely isn't Mafia, since Tirin tried very hard (and nearly succeeded) in lynching him. Lynching the last mafia would instantly lose the game for the Illuminati after all, because the game would end in a Town victory.

Tirin also clearly didn't understand this day 1, since he lynched Youma and had to actually ask the GMs after I pointed it out if the win conditions in the OP were true. He may have legitimately been scumhunting until that. This suggests his partner(s) also can't read, since they didn't tell him to stop scumhunting.

AndyM03

Lynch Polly.
If we believe what other players have said in regards to the information they hold, which, I don't know if I do, but there's so many of them and only one mafia I feel inclined to trust Lotus and everyone, that sorta leaves me, Tim and Polly as people with no real known affiliation. Polly made me like him the last day and ironically for that reason I don't trust him. He had no reason to trust me but had everything to gain from me trusting him since he'd know i'm probably town and unlikely Illuminati.
That's just how I feel at the moment. It's been a confusing game but I'd hate to lose when we got mafia on day 1.

Rondait

Okay, so this i how I see it. Unless I missed something, these are role claims.

Jeroth-
Gives people extra whispers or some shit. Probably town.

Firedemon-
Gossip, which was announced and could be town or i could also see it as a possible illum role, i guess. Dunno. Not worth worrying about too much at this time.

Whitetiger-
Some shit about truth serum, was used or redirected onto me..

Calsy Shinchilla-
He played us a song in falsetto man, he played us a song that night, we were all in the mood for a melody, and he got us feeling alright.
Also incidentally a lot of people are saying he's town due to their roles, and i'm willing to believe it.

Rondait- I'll get to this.

Lotus- Spy, i think? Almost guaranteed to be a town role.

Shizno- He did his thing that saves a player and reveals their alignment. Almost gauranteed to be town.

Then we get to these three who we have no information on that I know of.

Tim
Andy
Polly

Then finally we obviously have

The Dead
Youma - Mafia Charlatan
Redfrank - Town Captain
Tag Ross - Town Maid
Tirin - Illuminati Master
Stealthy - Town Contessa

So- why in the hell do I rehash what we should already know? Because I think it's actually roleclaim season. Everyone who has roleclaimed so far has something to back it up whether it be that we can see the consequence of a night action, or mod intervention of some degree. Lets all roleclaim, and sort through the claims of these three (or four, if you count me).

As far as myself, all you know (unless i've been targeted at night, which I have no damn idea if i have been or not) is that I'm probably not Illuminati due to Whitetiger's truth serum. I didn't send more than one whisper night one. That doesn't exclude me from being mafia, and unless I'm just blind and clueless no one has said anything to the effect that if they're telling the truth says I'm not. So I'll start this show.

I'm a mercenary. Basically I'm a doctor, I target one person a night and they're safe from night kills that night. I targeted Tirin night one knowing his penchant for getting brutally murdered night one and then Shizno for night 2 and 3. I don't have any real sort of proof or ability that would make proof for this as far as I'm aware, so if someone has anything that could confirm this at all from information they've garnered had they targeted me I'd appreciate it.

Why should we trust that this is a good idea Rondait? Well, I've been known to have pretty shit ideas, but you know what they say about a monkey and unlimited time at a type writer.

Rondait, that's not a fucking argument.

Well, shut up. This is what I find to be the best course of action, and I truly think that if this happens we can win. I don't enjoy roleclaiming often, but we're at a point where there s four people whom we have next to no information on. Of the three that are not me, two are probably baddies and one is probably town. If the four of us die and the game is still going then I'd be really confused, since none of the other roles would make much sense as mafia, but it is a weird game I suppose.

So, lets dance.

TimTh33nchant3r

Oh also, fuck it; why not. I'm pretty burnt on this game anyway. I'm an architect. For whatever reason, this granted me a one-shot bullet proof vest, which I foolishly wasted night 2. I have no idea how I would prove that to you guys though. Do with that what you will.

Firedemon

That would be pretty dumb of me to claim that I just RNG killed someone after already having proven myself to be the Gossip.

Pretty much sure Rondait was doctor anyways because of what he sent when Whitetiger Truth Serum'd him. Jeroth I'm pretty sure is town because of the Tirin Finally Played to His Win Condition Theorem, and Jeroth claims that Salsy is town because investigation. Not sure why Lotus would bother supporting that claim if he were Illuminati and Salsy were Mafia, and Lotus being Jeroth's "benefactor" he mentioned previously makes complete sense in this situation. Ro or Pally, I don't remember which, accidentally implied my alignment with the Gossip reveal (even though "Gossip" is a pretty stupid name for an anti-town role anyways, and my publish ability is pretty stupid to give to an anti-town role). Shizno was actually confirmed town by his reveal, and...

Wait, what if Salsy is the classic godfather role. As in, he flips town on investigations. Think about it, Tirin gunned for him pretty hard and was clearly under the impression scum hunting was an okay thing to do as Illuminati (which we know because Pally or Ro said it was funny that someone asked if the OP was accurate about win conditions after I pointed it out, then Tirin posted saying he just wanted to be sure) and it would explain why Jeroth and Lotus think he's Town even though we know from Tag (may he RIP in Peace) that Jeroth definitely wasn't redirected. And Salsy seems to have gotten really quiet since he was basically proven town, which would suggest maybe he's mafia thinking he seriously lucked out and just needs to shut the hell up until he wins. And he did side with Youma on the roleclaiming thing*. Though Tirin, before learning he was a fucking idiot for helping lynch Youma, was quick to pounce on my suggestion that the Illuminati might jump to Salsy's aid if he were the last mafia. This could have just been Tirin trying to consistently attack things he thought were dumb. I'm gonna leave Salsy floating around on my list of potentially mafia.

*Do note, the role claiming here is basically only working out because almost all of it is investigative information that can and has been corroborated/verified/whathaveyou. There was no reason to think the game would work this way at the beginning. We can have this theorycrafting argument later though.

Whitetiger is probably town because, while truth serum does sound a little anti-town-ish, I see no reason for an anti-town player to be able to publish information to the town. Maybe it was meant to be for Illuminati hunting by the mafia, but that just seems entirely too specialized.

Tim's claim can't be corroborated in any way, which doesn't necessarily make him anti-town. But, we can speculate that the last mafia would try to say something with some substance. Though we can also speculate that claiming a single use bulletproof is actually the perfect claim because it has no impact on anyone else. Therefore WIFOM and god dammit.

That leaves Andy and Polly. Andy has definitely been trolling me about anthropogenic climate change and can go suck Donald Trump's tiny, tiny dick. Only the mafia would deny climate change. But, since I whispered him a ten hour loop of the trolololol song last night, I think I can forgive him.

Polly's attempts to say my ability is "scummy as fuck" really rubbed me the wrong way. And not for OMGUS reasons, but because it's utter bullshit. At worst I'd be Illuminati, which town really has very little reason to bother lynching once identified, since the mafia will have to kill them anyways. But even then, sharing information with the town really isn't something an anti-town group like the Illuminati would do, especially when you consider the flavor. So assuming that Ro and Pally assigned abilities to alignments that would actually benefit from them, Polly made an absolutely atrocious argument in my mind. Of course, mistakes do not equate to being Mafia.

By the way, side note, lynching Illuminati that we know are Illuminati is actually pointless. The Mafia has to kill them to win but we don't, so we shouldn't waste a lynch on the Illuminati and save the Mafia the trouble of night killing them. Every known Illuminati we lynch is one more night kill the Mafia will use on a townie instead. And every known Illuminati we lynch is a potential chance at killing a Mafia we've thrown away. They might not do it immediately, but they have to do it or they will lose. We'll lose too, but assuming the last Mafia isn't a spiteful bastard that always wins the game of Chicken (do note that Tirin is dead and not Mafia), the Mafia will give in and take care of it for us.

Really not sure what to actually say about Andy, I'll have to come back to this subject.

Rondait

Huh, that's fair about your role. And yeah, I'm not at all a roleclaiming fan, just under this situation it feels like the best thing to call for due to the information we do have. And yeah, salsy being the god father makes some sense as well, but why would mafia benefit from the ability to stop all night actions?

AndyM03

Thanks for caring about the game FD, i'm motivated again. I respect Tim being burnt out on the game but I find the claim scummy, and like FD said, it's a bit too perfect. I hadn't thought about Salsy coming up as Town but I think someone mentioned it in this thread before. I actually think that that's a really good thought and i'm pretty confident in saying now that it's either Salsy or Tim.
---
I just re read day 1.
... So, pointing suspicion at newbies is the method to keep the finger of suspicion from yourself, ergo jump to lynch a guy who acts like a newbie.
I laughed.

Okay, you got me there. Doesn't mean you didn't avoid the point that no lynching is bad in most instances, and worse on day one. We already have knowledge, both from people posting and people not posting. Lynch Lotus. Because I like to get him killed, but also because his post about no-lynching was a gibberish non-statement that does nothing to justify a no-lynch on day 1.
He literally lynched Lotus after he lynched Youma. Regardless of the reasons being legitimate day 1 reasons to not lynch someone, Youma being scum sets off sirens regardless of the defense.
Unlynch Polly
Lynch Tim

TimTh33nchant3r

I just re read day 1.

He literally lynched Lotus after he lynched Youma. Regardless of the reasons being legitimate day 1 reasons to not lynch someone, Youma being scum sets off sirens regardless of the defense.
Unlynch Polly
Lynch Tim
Better read it again you fucking retard. I lynched Lotus before I lynched Youma. If you're going to try and cast spurious suspicions on me, you shouldn't do it on something people can literally just go back and look at.

Order of operations was:
FoS'd Redfrank, Lotus, and maybe Tiger.
Lynched Lotus.
Thought about it and discussed for a while.
Broke with traditions and lynched Youma.
Youma flipped mafia and the day ended.

The sheer amount of stupid in that is making me OMGUS Lynch Andy.
Hell, it worked when Youma acted retarded.

Top Bottom