Ended Pally and Ro3's Maquerade Mafia - Night 4

Firedemon

Also, I'd like to point a super anti-fun strategy. We'd probably win, assuming our theories are correct and the extra kill was one-shot, if we just lynch Tim, Andy, and Polly in any order. Based on things that have been said by the mods in the thread, I suspect that the Illuminati are out of conversions and that there are probably two of them. If there are three left however, the game will end when we hit 8 players (3 Illuminati + 1 Mafia vs 4 Town). We currently have 10 players alive, so we have two lynches before that 8 player mark and 3 before the 6 player mark (where we would lose if there are 2 Illuminati + 1 Mafia). So, I have a feeling we could theoretically just anti-fun this and lynch all 3 of them sequentially over the next 3 days.

But fuck that shit.

AndyM03

What the...? God DAMN it, Youma. You're looking so scummy I kind of want to take my traditional anti-Lotus lynch off and use it on you. Are you sure you're not a jester or something? Stop trying to make me abandon tradition. Stop the madness. But not the role madness. Just the roleclaiming madness.

Looking back at the initial post, that wasn't actually all that bad, but man. Dat followup. WTF, mate?
No need to throw harsh insults fam, just a game. Anyway, I just reckon it's either you or Salsy, (With Polly as third option) and you waited a while before jumping on the lynch, where it did seem kind of inevitable that we'd lynch him. It wasn't super scummy, and that's why I want to lynch you on day 4 rather then back on day 2 or something, but it's all I've got so far going from the core of the scourge, (Youma), and running off of the role claims and such.

Lotus

After reading through all this, Tim's ability sounds like a good Illuminati ability, since he could protect himself from the mafia killing him. Considering him to be Illum basically removes any need to lynch him.

I'd basically declared that we could 'anti-fun' win on Day 3, and Andy was my next lynch target to anti-fun victory. So, Lynch Andy

Also, I'd considered earlier today, though Tirin flipped Illum Master, that the game could have been a super troll based on info the GMs have given us.
1. There are two illuminati.
2. Those illuminati have 'perfect game information'
3. There are two GMs, who would have 'perfect game information'....

AndyM03

After reading through all this, Tim's ability sounds like a good Illuminati ability, since he could protect himself from the mafia killing him. Considering him to be Illum basically removes any need to lynch him.
Assuming that he hasn't fabricated his ability. I feel like my role claim sounds more legit than his role, (obviously because why wouldn't I it's true and i'm defending myself) so if you're able to be convinced move Tim up on your list, or admit your information might have been flawed and we'll lynch Salsy. Assuming we win either way I guess i'm not too fussed dying but let's be efficient as possible. Unless you've got a better reason, which you do sort of, assuming your assumptions are correct, then killing me makes sense, but have another thought.

Lotus

I don't deny the fact that the concept of Salsy having Godfather investigation protection might be a thing. It would be my luck that the help wastes its usefulness to confirm the Godfather as town. Since this is a fairly critical point in the game, I'll Unlynch, and allow a bit more time to pass and more discussion to be had before I perform my standard 'jump to lynch' tactics.

So, Andy, Polly, Tim, hell even Jeroth and Salsy. I'll idle til one of you hangs yourself with my vote.

TimTh33nchant3r

No need to throw harsh insults fam, just a game. Anyway, I just reckon it's either you or Salsy, (With Polly as third option) and you waited a while before jumping on the lynch, where it did seem kind of inevitable that we'd lynch him. It wasn't super scummy, and that's why I want to lynch you on day 4 rather then back on day 2 or something, but it's all I've got so far going from the core of the scourge, (Youma), and running off of the role claims and such.
Ah yeah, kind of went full Tirin there, didn't I. Sorry about that. Was tired and feeling frustrated with how slow this game is going when we have a bunch of information, and your post was literally the last thing I read during my final rounds of the forums I visit before bed. You know, like that I was almost nightkilled N1 and nobody claimed vig.

Still doesn't make what you said right though. I lynched Lotus first.

I am going to go ahead say that if you think I'm mafia after all that passed, you're either a total fool, or scum desperate to get one more night in. Illuminati...well, that's harder to prove, since the mafia wants to kill them just as much as townies.

Of the people remaining, I'm feeling Andy the most, and Polly some. Scummy play doesn't always equal scum alignment, but I've been getting that vibe from Andy as far back as Shizno's roleclaim.

Has Polly claimed anything yet? I don't recall him doing so.

The Polly

Apologies for not responding sooner, my GPU melted and I'm stuck on my phone. I will unfortunately not be able to quote or re-read as thoroughly as I'd like.

To respond to FD, I stand by my feeling that your role is better suited to scrum than towns but I don't want to lynch you immediately, so unless it becomes relevant, I'm not going to expand on it now.

Andy, I really don't care if you think I'm town or not. I mostly just bought your claim, since claiming a published role is generally horrible for scum.

Tim, I haven't role claimed yet, but I have stated I have a role that gives me information, but isn't a proper investigative role. I still haven't been able to put the pieces I've gotten together and would like to hold off on claiming until it will provide some benefit. I've also gotten some information that disagrees with what's been published, so do with that what you will.

As for who I'd like to lynch, I'm actually going to advocate we lynch Rondait. I defended him D2 on the grounds that we weren't in the mindset of hunting exclusively mafia then and that we revisit him later. Yet, until this day phase, no one brought it back up. I'd argue that as town, you have a duty to remind everyone that you aren't clear if they forget, and Rondait failed to do this. He also has been very defensive, with his only posts for D1/D2 being "Why me = fry me" sorts of posts, and when you're suspected to be town, the last thing you should do is be passive.

I can't bold on my phone, but Lynch Rondait.

Whitetiger

I think it's quite odd that Rondait didn't die last night. I basically outted him as medic based upon his whisper night 1. He's either medic like he says he is or scum that had nothing better to use his whisper on that just telling Tirin he wasn't going to kill him. I'm pretty clueless right now, I think we just say "screw the illuminati" and keep lynching unclaimed / unconfirmed people who could be mafia. My class is starting in a few minutes but some people have already put lists together of who that is so perhaps someone could update it for us. Btw I confirmed Rondait as not illuminati (as of night 1) but he can still be mafia so don't put him on the confirmed list.

Rondait

Uhm, not sure if you noticed due to mobile Polly but last page i literally just said i wasn't clear, that's why i started claiming.

TimTh33nchant3r

Andy, I really don't care if you think I'm town or not. I mostly just bought your claim, since claiming a published role is generally horrible for scum.

Tim, I haven't role claimed yet, but I have stated I have a role that gives me information, but isn't a proper investigative role. I still haven't been able to put the pieces I've gotten together and would like to hold off on claiming until it will provide some benefit. I've also gotten some information that disagrees with what's been published, so do with that what you will.

As for who I'd like to lynch, I'm actually going to advocate we lynch Rondait. I defended him D2 on the grounds that we weren't in the mindset of hunting exclusively mafia then and that we revisit him later. Yet, until this day phase, no one brought it back up. I'd argue that as town, you have a duty to remind everyone that you aren't clear if they forget, and Rondait failed to do this. He also has been very defensive, with his only posts for D1/D2 being "Why me = fry me" sorts of posts, and when you're suspected to be town, the last thing you should do is be passive.

I can't bold on my phone, but Lynch Rondait.
My bolds.

This...is making me facepalm. Mentions nothing about his own lack of clarity, then immediately lynches Rondait despite this:
As far as myself, all you know (unless i've been targeted at night, which I have no damn idea if i have been or not) is that I'm probably not Illuminati due to Whitetiger's truth serum. I didn't send more than one whisper night one. That doesn't exclude me from being mafia, and unless I'm just blind and clueless no one has said anything to the effect that if they're telling the truth says I'm not. So I'll start this show.

I'm a mercenary. Basically I'm a doctor, I target one person a night and they're safe from night kills that night. I targeted Tirin night one knowing his penchant for getting brutally murdered night one and then Shizno for night 2 and 3. I don't have any real sort of proof or ability that would make proof for this as far as I'm aware, so if someone has anything that could confirm this at all from information they've garnered had they targeted me I'd appreciate it.

Why should we trust that this is a good idea Rondait? Well, I've been known to have pretty shit ideas, but you know what they say about a monkey and unlimited time at a type writer.

Rondait, that's not a fucking argument.
I don't even...fuck, this game, man. It's like it's bringing out the stupid in everyone. I'm sure I've dome something dumb too at this rate.

AndyM03

I think Polly was too hard on Youma to reign my suspicions on him just yet, though I can't blame your facepalm there Tim. I really don't like Salsy's inactivity though, it's getting out of hand.
@Salsy , if you have anything to say, please do. Or at least weigh in or something or anything. Otherwise i'll probably change my mind to lynch you today.

The Polly

I'm aware of what Rondait said, which is why I mentioned that "until this day phase, no one brought it back up." In my opinion, he should have brought it up much earlier.

Pally

Yea, I was discussing that with Ro3 today over Hots. Gonna throw out a Warning here and bug him in person.

Salsy

Lynch Polly

AndyM03

I'm not going to unlynch Tim because I dunno who else I feel confident in lynching.
Either lynch Tim, Polly, or me. Let's get this game done with. Not too quickly, but I don't want to drag the game, I'm still interested and I am curious to see how this all ends. But let's get a move on. For the sake of the game yo.

Top Bottom