Ended RWBY Mafia: The Manga The Game: Game Over (Draw)

Ro Ro Ro

Lynch wilger

I wanted a defense.

I know what I'm going to be doing this night phase. I hope most of you do the same.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That's a hammer. RIP W1LG3R.

Death post incoming. Night-talk rules now apply.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Realizing they were being played using illusions, probably by Emerald and Neo, and with no way to tell who was who and which of the two extra Blakes were insurgents, everyone immediately got ready for battle. The fighting broke out at the drop of a black hair bow, as it were, and the students traded vicious blows for a while before eventually reaching a sort of consensus, picking one of their number to team up on and take down.

As the protesting Blake dropped to the ground, falling unconscious, the illusion around her shimmered slightly and faded out to reveal...

W1LG3R
has been lynched! He was:

You're Blake Belladonna, the Town Furry Bus Driver(ish).

Attack: 60
Defense: 25
Aura: 75
Stamina: 10

Totally anime emo ninja catgirl chick. I'm still not sure I really get your weapon(s), but I'm not even gonna try. Your very spammable Semblance lets you blink short distances while an illusion of yourself stays behind. I'm gonna apply it as a... half bus drive... sorta thing.

Active ability: After-images (Costs 5 Aura.) Attacks miss you and hit target player this turn, but any non-attack abilities still apply to you as normal. If you would attack this turn, deal 40 damage instead of 60.

Compared to other character roles, you have slightly low Aura , slightly low Attack, slightly high Defense, low ability costs.

You win the game when all Mafia and all Grimm are eliminated.

...oh. Whoops! Turns out that one wasn't actually an illusion.

Grimm began piling into the clearing as tensions mounted. Some of the students were getting concerned about the blows they'd taken and their dropping Aura levels. All of them felt a pang of worry, regret, and even some anger at seeing their friend go down in battle.

5 Lesser Beowolfs have spawned!

Attack: 30
Defense: 0
Stamina: 35

Named for a totally non-lupine dude who kicked a lot of ass, these lupine creatures really don't kick ass at all. Even entire hoards of them don't pose much threat to an experienced Huntsman - though some of you novices may be in trouble if their numbers get too far out of control.

1 Ursa Minor has spawned!

Attack: 50
Stamina: 55

Named for a constellation, you're still far from being the star of the show. But hey, at least students look kind of cool when when they one-shot you!

1 Alpha Beowolf has spawned!

Stamina: 65

This is no longer a routine mission. Everything up 'till now has been standard-issue wildlife within the forests of Remnant, but it will take more than a couple of scraggly peasants with hand-me-down rifles to defend against these monsters. Most of your classmates would probably need to work with their teammates to deal with one of these, but you're a pretty gifted bunch of students, and most of you can handle one of them alone.

There are 8 Lesser Beowolfs in play.
All Lesser Beowolves are at full HP.

There are 2 Ursai Minor in play.
All Ursai Minor are at full HP.

There is 1 Alpha Beowolf in play.
All Alpha Beowolves are at full HP.​

The Grimm Counter is now at 273.

Night 1 begins!
(Ends when all actions are in, or 16:40 EST on Wednesday - whichever is sooner.)

Friendly Reminder: Grimm attack phase takes place after all Night actions resolve, but before the next Day's Grimm are spawned. Only Grimm that survived the preceding Night phase will attack.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
To clarify some of what I've said about attacking Grimm already, as well some other things I haven't explained at all:
- If multiple players choose to attack Grimm at Night, those attacks will be applied one at a time, rather than all at once. The order of these attacks will be the same as the order in which they were declared. (Whoever declares first/second/third etc., makes their attack(s) first/second/third etc., respectively.)

- When a Grimm takes damage that is greater than the amount needed to kill it, any remaining damage will carry over to the next Grimm in line.

- Therefore, if you have any kind of preference for attacking one type of Grimm over another, you should set your order of priority when declaring your attack(s). For example: If you declare something like "Lesser Beowolf > Ursa Minor > Alpha Beowolf," then you'll hit any damaged Lesser Beowolf first. If it dies, any leftover damage goes to another Lesser Beowolf (if any), or an Ursa Minor (if no more Beowolfs remain standing).
-- If there's already a damaged Ursa Minor at this point, then it takes the hit before any other one does.
--- If the Ursa Minor then dies, and you still have damage leftover, then your remaining damage goes next to another Ursa Minor (if any), or an Alpha Beowolf (if not). (Again, with any damaged Grimm taking the hit before any other Grimm of its type.)

- "Damaged Grimm" is not a valid category for setting priority. Priority must be based on Grimm level. The only way damage multiple types of Grimm with one attack is to finish off all remaining targets of a given type, at which point you move on to the next-highest priority type in your attack order.
-- If a player has multiple Night attacks, and chooses to use more than one of them on Grimm, each one of those attacks can have its own, separate order of priority for applying damage.

- If you have declared attack(s) on Grimm, but haven't specified any attack order by the time that Night phase ends, I will apply it to lower-level Grimm first, by default. (Night phase is over as soon as I have at least one action from everybody, or the deadline hits, whichever comes first. You may freely change up your Night actions until then.)

- Damage dealt to Grimm cannot carry over to any player, nor can any damage dealt to other players carry over to Grimm. Any player may choose to attack Grimm or another player, but never both with a single attack. (Although a character with multiple Night attacks may attack Grimm with one attack, and target player with another.)

- Damage dealt to Grimm may not be split up among multiple targets, except by killing them one at a time as described above.

Pretty sure that covers everything. (If there's anything I've missed, though, feel free to ask.)

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Night actions are now locked. Post incoming.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The sudden wave of Grimm, drawn to the confusion and chaos of this emotionally-charged Battle of the Blakes, drew everyone's attention away from their fallen friend and back into the fray. It would take an extraordinarily perceptive sort of observer to make any kind of sense out of the ensuing brawl, as Blakes jumped from place to place amongst each other and often left their after-images behind them.

In any event, they made quick work of the Grimm and were about to enjoy a moment's respite, with only one lone, injured Lesser Beowolf left standing, when one of the Blakes keeled over and collapsed, unmoving.

Her Aura flickered briefly and went out, and as the illusion dispersed they saw that...

Jeroth has been slain! He was...

You're Weiss Schnee, the Town Support.

Attack: 65
Defense: 20
Aura: 80
Stamina: 10

Boy, but this is a complex one. And not just 'cause all of the complexes - the daddy issues and such. Anyway, how does your Semblance only count as a single ability?

Active ability: The White Glyphs. (Costs 5 Aura.) For this phase only, increase a target player's attack damage, and Defense stat, by 10. You may target yourself with this ability.
Active ability: The Black Glyphs. (Costs 5 Aura.) For this phase only, decrease a target player's attack damage, and Defense stat, by 10. This ability cannot be applied to yourself.
Active ability: The OP Yellow Glyphs. (Costs 20 Aura.) For this phase only, target player's attack damage is doubled, and any damage they would take is halved. This ability cannot be applied to yourself.
Active ability: The Summoning. (Costs 10 Aura.) If you've landed a finishing blow on a Grimm this game, you may summon a copy of it. The copy has 10 HP, and lasts for the remainder of the game, or until destroyed. If you would be attacked while the copy is alive, it takes the hits first, and any remaining damage is carried over to you.
You may not attack on the phase when this ability is activated, and your Defense is dropped to 0 for that phase.

Compared to other character roles, you have moderately low Aura , average Attack and Defense, and low ability costs.

Protips:
- The White Glyphs are guaranteed to boost a Townie if you use them on yourself, but are often more effectively used on players with multiple attacks per phase. (Some players on each side have that ability.)
- The Summoning becomes increasingly dangerous to use as the game goes on, but becomes far more rewarding as the Grimm you take down grow stronger. A Summoning with an Attack value of 30, for example, will not be able to damage any player with 30 or more Defense.

You can claim support and attack/defense buff/debuff abilities. You can also claim a heavy-hitter carry ability and try to coordinate with protective roles. (I probably wouldn't advise it, but you can generally do that.) Anything further or more specific, I'm iffy about - but feel free to ask.

You win the game when all Mafia and all Grimm are eliminated.

With yet another of their friends having fallen to the assault, the remaining students became more desperate than ever to win the fight and protect their incapacitated classmates. The Beowolf attacked the nearest Blake with sudden vigor as they argued and accused each other, trying to find out which of them had done the dastardly deed, and even more of the monsters soon began showing up to join it...

9 Lesser Beowolves have spawned!

Attack: 30
Stamina: 35

Named for a totally non-lupine dude who kicked a lot of ass, these lupine creatures really don't kick ass at all. Even entire hoards of them don't pose much threat to an experienced Huntsman - though some of you novices may be in trouble if their numbers get too far out of control.

3 Ursai Minor have spawned!

Attack: 50
Stamina: 55

Named for a constellation, you're still far from being the star of the show. But hey, at least students look kind of cool when when they one-shot you!

1 Alpha Beowolf has spawned!

This is no longer a routine mission. Everything up 'till now has been standard-issue wildlife within the forests of Remnant, but it will take more than a couple of scraggly peasants with hand-me-down rifles to defend against these monsters. Most of your classmates would probably need to work with their teammates to deal with one of these, but you're a pretty gifted bunch of students, and most of you can handle one of them alone.

1 Ursa Major has spawned!

Attack: 70
Defense: 10

Distinguishable from the Ursa Minor by the spikes on its back, the armor plating along its limbs, and, of course, its much, much larger size, the Ursa Major constitutes a deadly encounter for the majority of Huntsman Academy first-year students - and even some of the four-man teams. Fighting this thing is not going to be easy, and it's not going to be fun. In fact, you'd be well-advised to avoid any unnecessary encounters with Grimm of this level whenever possible. Sure, a good student can probably handle it, but you'll tire yourself out in the process. So why take the risk?

There are 10 Lesser Beowolves in play.
1 Lesser Beowolf is injured (15 HP).

There are 3 Ursai Minor in play.
All Ursai Minor are at full HP.

There is 1 Alpha Beowolf in play.
All Alpha Beowolves are at full HP.

There is 1 Ursa Major in play.
All Ursai Major are at full HP.​

The Grimm Counter is at 460.

Day 2 begins.
(Ends 20:00 EST this Friday, or with a hammer - whichever is sooner.)

4 votes to hammer.

Rondait

Alrighty. Myself, Andy, and Jeroth all targeted Jeroth. No grim targeted Jeroth. So, by process of elimination
Lynch Andy

Ro Ro Ro

I am only slightly skeptical of the claim, there is the potential that you are mafia furthering your goal of killing andy by claiming lookout, but the chance is too far too small. The post was too soon after the Day Start Post to be able to claim lookout, read that jeroth can target himself, and add it to your claim. So, I will follow it for now.

Lynch Andy

I will note that I was suspicious of Rondait going into this phase, and now am much less so.
Also good job killing basically all the Grimm, and still having some actions used on figuring out the mafia.

Now, I was attacked. I would assume that Jeroth took one half of the mafia attacks, and I took the other. Bit of a chunk, for sure.

Dunsparce

Andy should be pretty low on health now, so it might be better to try and kill him during the night so we can see who sides with him, or tries too hard to not side with him.

I launched an attack at Andy that would have dealt approximately 40 damage, adjusting for defense (I have implied knowledge about scum's defense stats). If he's scum, then I'd have to assume he's spending lots of aura to deal these huge attacks.

Rondait

Yeah, but the sooner we kill him the sooner the grim counter halves and who knows what abilities the mafia have to save him. Not saying to immediately end the day phase, just that we don't wait until night phase.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, yeah, I'm getting there dammit.

(Actually, I got distracted by other things and forgot to get back to it.)

AndyM03

Alrighty. Myself, Andy, and Jeroth all targeted Jeroth. No grim targeted Jeroth. So, by process of elimination
Lynch Andy
I gave Jeroth a love tap and targeted Grimm as well, which you failed to mention. So I guess you targeted Jeroth to see who else would target him? Does your ability claim to check for Grimm targeting? Because some of my abilities specifically exclude Grimm based activities, so until you clarify i'm assuming I pushed a self claimed wounded Jeroth off the edge or a Grimm kill was still in play. I mentioned yesterday I was afraid of a scum Jeroth and he didn't participate much so he only has himself to blame for that. He mentioned
Yes. I was attacked assuredly by multiple people and probably scum.
Which to me felt like a bold claim, because surely only scum could take multiple town hits and a theoretical scum hit. It felt like he himself was scum and miscalculated how absurd that amount of damage would be.

So yes, since I knew he was damaged I wanted to test how tanky he seemed to be soft claiming. This especially felt appropriate since I had the ability to split my moderate attack into two weak ones, and if I was going to target a possible townie the love-tap method was the best way to do it. It appears he had a lot less health then let on, which is fair enough for a townie to do in a game like this (Reminds me of what Easy did in the Overwatch game) and a bad play by me.

Andy should be pretty low on health now, so it might be better to try and kill him during the night so we can see who sides with him, or tries too hard to not side with him.

I launched an attack at Andy that would have dealt approximately 40 damage, adjusting for defense (I have implied knowledge about scum's defense stats). If he's scum, then I'd have to assume he's spending lots of aura to deal these huge attacks.
Actually i'm not on low health at all, so I think there must be a scum bus driver in play, which is a possibility outlined in the OP.

I was a hot topic yesterday that was saved by the clock more then anything so i'm viewing Rondait's intentions with a grain of salt, even if it was an accurate reading with the wrong conclusion. It's also interesting how immediate he was, going for a decisive lynch against someone with existing suspicion. Especially with all the effort I made trying to get people to care about the Grimm counter and playing quickly, Rondait now gets to look good with established quick game logic and without making loud noises or rubbing people the wrong way.

While it would (obviously) be a waste to kill me it would at least check Rondait's watcher claim, but as I suggested who knows how accurate it actually is (Bus driving, scum watcher not a town watcher, etc). This logic makes me feel like Ro is more a townie, and Dunsparce seems to be going in a round-a-bout way to get in my good books? His claim "See who defends Andy but let's leave him for the night" is a terrible comment to make because in situations where it would be ballsy and unlikely for scum to support eachother openly, comments like this turn that chance to nill immediately.

Personally with those two comments in mind i'm inclined to Lynch Dunsparce. There's an angle that exists for a scum Rondait, but i'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt for now. It seems unlikely given the roles outlined in the OP, but if he has multiple abilities those roles could be more vague, especially a witch or strongman.

Ro Ro Ro

Bus driving is always a pain to deal with. If Jeroth was bussed last night, rondait would have claimed another ability had targeted Jeroth. That is unless Rondait is mafia and is hiding another person who targeted Jeroth. If Rondait is mafia, I doubt that he would have the watcher/lookout ability. It would be a massive stretch to think that Rondait would have both bus driving and lookout tied to the same ability, but that might explain a little bit. Based on what I know about the show and how what even Easy has said, Emerald and Neo are both characters that I could see a mafia bus driver ability on.
But in the end, the simple answer can sometimes be the right one. There may not be a bus driver, Andy may be lying about his hp to Dunsparce, and Rondait may have caught a mafia in the act. So, I will leave my vote on Andy for now.

But then Ro3's Random Accusations happened. I think the least logical one to date.
Andy has claimed an attack that hits multiple times. In Jeroth's role reveal, it was stated that mafia as well as town will have some sort of multiattacking character. Being able to split an attack into two for less damage is what Andy claims. I now know what character he is, and that he is town aligned. Cool. Knowing this, I now trust Andy, and a little bit less of Rondait.
Unlynch Andy
I still am confused by the fact that I was hit for such a massive chunk of damage. It would likely be similar in amount to the damage Jeroth would have taken in the previous phase. Why would the mafia hit Jeroth for so much, then leave him alive just to hit me? It doesn't seem right. Maybe to get around doctor abilities? It seems too perfect that Jeroth would still end up dying anyways. So, maybe the mafia did still end up attacking Jeroth. If mafia has a multiattacking character, that would be part of Neo's abilities. If I am still going under the assumption that Neo and Emerald are the two mafia characters in this game, neither one strikes me as having a way to avoid detection, but again, I can see one of them having bus driving, and I can actually almost see Emerald having a lookout ability, being able to create illusions of people she gets to know. But why? Why would mafia ever get a lookout ability? Well, that's because maybe it's tied to the ability to bus drive. You get to know who you messed with and how effective your bussing was.
The scenario plays out in my head like this. Rondait is mafia, having attacked Jeroth last night, they wanted to finish him off. In order to do so, they needed to minimize the amount of protection going to jeroth, so bus driving is a good option. They bus drive jeroth and someone who is unlikely to be attacked or checked, let's say Firedemon in this example. Rondait switches. The other mafia multiattacks me and Firedemon so Jeroth and I take damage, and Rondait himself attacks me. Then daytime comes along, Rondait knows who targeted Jeroth, which were all redirected to Firedemon, tells us all that who targeted Jeroth, and leaves out the attack from neo.
So, anyone take a small bit of damage from a player? Maybe you were the one they redirected andy's attack to.

AndyM03

In Jeroth's role reveal, it was stated that mafia as well as town will have some sort of multiattacking character.
Am I blind or are you making this up? I think i'm blind
I still am confused by the fact that I was hit for such a massive chunk of damage. It would likely be similar in amount to the damage Jeroth would have taken in the previous phase. Why would the mafia hit Jeroth for so much, then leave him alive just to hit me? It doesn't seem right. Maybe to get around doctor abilities? It seems too perfect that Jeroth would still end up dying anyways.
If the mafia ended up rolling the double attack character like you suggest then they might be leaving them for another night to kill? Wouldn't make much sense since they would want to kill more to spawn more Grimm's, or maybe they're trying to bait out would be vigi's like myself into mistakenly killing other townies. If a scum bus driver is in play, and we all end up on low HP, the Grimm problem + any attack on eachother could wipe us.

If you were hit for massive damage maybe you copped some of the damage I was meant to take from Dunsparce?

AndyM03

Protips:
- The White Glyphs are guaranteed to boost a Townie if you use them on yourself, but are often more effectively used on players with multiple attacks per phase. (Some players on each side have that ability.)
Sorry found it here

Tag_Ross

I'm going to Lynch Andy... Later, I'm on my way to work right now so I don't have time to elaborate, so I'll hold my Lynch until I get that chance.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Current Lynch Count:

Andy: 1 (Rondait)
Dunsparce: 1 (Andy)

Lemme know if I missed any votes.

The Grimm Counter is at 488

Without a hammer (4 votes), Day 2 will end Friday at 8:00 PM EST.

Last edited:

Tag_Ross

okay, I'm almost done with my decision, but I have a couple questions to ask.

Are we under the assumption that town only has one player with multiple attacks?

should we take into account that Wilger was a Town Bus driver when thinking about the possibility of a scum bus driver possibly existing?

Top Bottom