Ended Shadow's League of Legends Mafia: Season II - GAME OVER (Anti-Town Victory)

Firedemon

As for lynching either Andy or Tirin, they both sound like Town going at each other for stupid reasons. Again, lynching either of them will give us the same amount of information as lynching Tolvan will. We can lynch literally anyone and get the same info. It's the discussion that gives us MORE information and that's what more of us need to be doing. This thread is moving fast as it is, but more people can still contribute, I say.
At this point in my reading, agreed.

Originally, I thought that Tirin was a neutral-role akin to an executioner where he had to lynch a specific target each day and Tolvan was his target, but he pulled away from him.
I actually still suspect this to an extent. Tirin seemed a little too set on Tolvan, which doesn't make sense for town or scum. If he is an executioner though, I really don't care because him succeeding presumably won't end the game.

However, as much as I know it is taboo and every person hates when it's brought up, I will broach the subject of No Lynching. I brought this up during shadow's last league game as well I believe. In a role madness game if we are going to lynch a townie what will likely happen is a role claim and then us turning towards someone else, who will then also role claim. If we just ignore their role claim and lynch them anyway, there's a good chance we just took a town power role out of the game, because EVERY town is a power role. Not to mention we also give mafia one more level towards their ultimates because they killed a town. By no lynching we avoid outing or killing any of our power roles on day when our chances of hitting town are higher than they'll likely ever be.
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that role claiming in this game is pointless. Everyone has at least a passive, basic ability, and ultimate, so there's literally no reason to say "Oh, I'm special, I can investigate" because there's likely one, two, or even three other people who have the same ability. Since, you know, there are only a handful of possible things you could have. Bus driver, roleblock, protect, investigate, and day/night kill are the staples (and there are a few others of course) and I doubt Shadow has come up with genuinely unique abilities for every single person. Remember, everyone has at least three. There are at least forty-five abilities in this game.

In fact, this could potentially be a four cop game, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. But yeah, guys, role claiming seems pretty dumb this game in my opinion.

But anyways, while it's a bit of a moot point now, the mafia gaining extra levels could be very bad. Recall that Shadow said that your Champion and your alignment are determined independently. So, hypothetically, Andy with his three kills could have actually been an SK or even part of the mafia. So, mafia getting their ults faster could potentially be very bad for us because some of them are clearly quite powerful and they were not assigned with respect to alignment. So, I will humor no lynches for this game and this game only. In fact, maybe my next project will be designing a mafia game where no lynches make sense...

That being said, I'm unsure of how powerful they could be and since they'll get them on day 4 anyway maybe it's better we try and kill one, despite the slim odds.
Again, guys, look at your own ults and think "Wow, that's a pretty great ult. Good thing Shadow probably nerfed the Mafia's ults! Wait, no, he DIDN'T and these powers were assigned independent of alignment."

You're going to compromise with me to lynch someone else to satisfy me, even though you think they're probably town? What the fuck?
This is basically my reaction to Andy bargaining. This is where I became 100% behind the Andy lynch. That was just too... I don't even know if I thought that was actually scummy but he should not have tried that.

It's less of a hillary Clinton flip flop and more me conceding that this is A game of educated guesses.
I like how we've got people in Australia that follow our politics.

Unlynch

Lynch Whitetiger

Any town stupid enough to think a no lynch makes sense is a solid day 1 lynch in literally ANY SITUATION.
While I would normally agree with this, I have to humor the thought this once. Even though I'm pretty sure this was a joke lynch and the no lynch comment is now irrelevant.

(on a side note: I just spent however fucking long trying to piece together the whole Easy/Tirin/Andy spat at the beginning over Tolvan and trying to make sense of it. jfc that was terrible. We have had a whole bitchfight sprout from an inexperienced player fucking up formatting on a joke lynch. Welcome to Molehill Mountain)
It was dumb as shit. People were defending Tolvan by saying he's bad town when he literally hadn't done anything to make him bad town or scum.

Sheeeeeeiiiiit, that's pretty dang rough.

...Now I know how this looks, guys, but bear with me, I'm a goodmin.
This seemed mildly defensive, but I really think you were just trying to be funny. I won't hold the Andy lynch against you after his attempt at bargaining with you. I agree that we should hear from some quiet people, like myself, Tag, Tolvan, and others. In particular I do want to hear from Tolvan when he gets the time (we all know finals can be rough) since he was the catalyst for this mess.

Okay. So. I guess I'm kind of not sure about anyone, but even less sure about Whitetiger for the lack of logic to the whole "you have to say you're suspicious of someone before you lynch them or you're suspicious" thing, and Easy because I know he read the thread and he still hasn't answered me as to why he thought Tolvan was more likely to be town than anyone else.
It's hard to distinguish your behavior between lurking, following scum buddies, and being too busy for explanations at that moment. Sudden switches suggest you weren't thinking it through very much, perhaps because your scum buddies were doing it. Or you're just trying to stay off the radar (though this post suggests otherwise) or you've been busy. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say "I'm busy" because I assume we're all honest enough to not bullshit that as an excuse for lurking.

Tirin - playing way too fast and messy for me to believe he's scum
I feel the opposite way about that. If I was getting "too fast and messy" vibes from someone I would see that as scummy, not townie. But this gets a little WIFOMy. I'm not really getting scum vibes from Tirin though, I stand by the executioner theory. Again, executioners aren't actually anti-town, so if he is it doesn't really matter that much and I'll just continue on like he's a townie but with a grudge.

Requiem

Fucking Tag. I knew we'd be waiting on him.

<3 you, but seriously, quit making us wait. If you beat TC to getting your night action in, you're off the hook

Tag_Ross

And now that I'm locked in, I'm gonna go see what horrible mistakes I could have avoided if I had been caught up.

Shadow

Banned
Okay, I have all the night actions. Resolutions will be sent out shortly. Do me a favor, though, and please don't talk about your resolutions until after I start the day.

Also, people who die will not receive a resolution.

Shadow

Banned
Tirin has been slain. He was...

It's not how much time you have, it's how you use it!”

You are Ekko, the Boy Who Shattered Time

Alignment – Town

Z-Drive Resonance (Passive)
– If your basic abilities successfully resolve three times in a row, your mana pool will be completely restored.

Timewinder (100 Mana)
– At night, you may target one player who is dead. You may copy one of the basic abilities of that player (you may choose which one if the target has more than one basic ability) and use it at no additional mana cost for the duration of that night. You may not use this ability on the same player two nights in a row.

Parallel Convergence (No Cost)
– Each night, you will copy one ability that targeted you. If you are targeted by more than one ability on the same night, the ability copied will be determined randomly. The ability will only be copied after all abilities successfully resolve, and will only remain copied until the end of the following night.

Phase Dive (100 Mana)
– At night, you may target one player. You may use the ability copied by Parallel Convergence on that player.

Ultimate: Chronobreak (200 Mana)
– You will be brought back to life if you are killed in any way. This ability will activate automatically upon your death, and cannot be blocked or altered in any way, but will only do so if you are both Level 6 and have the necessary mana in your mana pool. If this ability is activated, your champion name will be revealed, but the rest of your role will not be revealed.

Win Condition
– You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Whitetiger has been slain. He was...

Into the fray!”

You are Kayle, the Judicator

Alignment – Town

Holy Fervor (Passive)
– If one of your basic abilities successfully resolves, the target will have the number of votes needed to lynch them during the next day phase increased by one.

Reckoning (100 Mana)
– At night, you may target one player. Any role-blocking abilities that have targeted that player will be neutralized.

Divine Blessing (100 Mana)
– At night, you may target one player. The first night kill that targets that player that night will fail.

Ultimate: Intervention (200 Mana)
– During the day, if a player has more than 50% of the votes necessary to be lynched, you may activate this ability to stop the lynch. This ability can be activated by sending a private message to the GM specifying the player you wish to save. This ability will not end the day phase.

Win Condition – You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
(I didn't have jokes for these ones)

Town is Level 3
Mafia is Level 4

DAY 2 START

Current Deadline: Wednesday, February 24th ~ 8:00PM PST

Steal Thy Kill

So I'm going with a working hypothesis of mafia killed Tirin, and Tirin grave-dug Andy's kill ability to take out Tiger.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
And kind of funny. Just a little.
Okay. So. I guess I'm kind of not sure about anyone, but even less sure about Whitetiger for the lack of logic to the whole "you have to say you're suspicious of someone before you lynch them or you're suspicious" thing, and Easy because I know he read the thread and he still hasn't answered me as to why he thought Tolvan was more likely to be town than anyone else.
I don't talk at Night. Even if I did, I've already explained that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
So I'm going with a working hypothesis of mafia killed Tirin, and Tirin grave-dug Andy's kill ability to take out Tiger.
If only he'd copied the passive instead.

Tag_Ross

If only he'd copied the passive instead.
Don't think he can, aren't passives and basic abilities separate?

Also, what kind of Asshole would kill Tirin on the first night of his first game in over a year?

TimTh33nchant3r

Okay, back from work and stuff. @Firedemon Much like tonight, I got home from work and kind of didn't expect to have to sift through the loads of back and forth that was day one. I'm silly like that, and at least less happened while I was away today. Anyway, Andy's willingness to lynch someone he felt was the wrong guy to convince Tirin to stop being aggressive at him rubbed me hella the wrong way. You don't lynch people you think are town, unless they're Lahiem. Probably not even then, really.

Anyway, WT not only wasn't scum, but somebody killed him. That's interesting. And kind of depressing. I'd planned to try and pressure him this day phase because I didn't like that hammer or his reasoning for defending it. I'd have accepted "eh, day one" as a better excuse than "I said I was suspicious before, but didn't lynch until it was hammer time for some unexplained reason."

Also interesting is the kill of Tirin. One might wonder if the mafia were trying to implicate Tolvan somehow. Of course, the possibility that Tolvan or his team simply got nervous with the heavy pushing Tirin did on day one exists as well, but that seems unlikely given the number of mafia vets in the game. I'm actually kind of leaning toward Tolvan being innocent a little bit now.

I'm kind of tired, so my brain might be working a little slow today. Did I miss anything? Does anyone have any thoughts on this night phase's results?

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Also, what kind of Asshole would kill Tirin on the first night of his first game in over a year?
This might actually be a strong lead, because that is a real dick move. I'm assuming Tirin wasn't killed by Easy, Stealthy, or Jeroth because they know Tirin's mafia history very well and are too good of bros to him to kill him off so quickly. Req is too much of a bro and game lover all around that I would not suspect him of killing Tirin this early either. I don't know Shizno's or Tag Ross' relationship with Tirin or the level of their involvement with Tirin's old mafia days, but I'm leaning towards they didn't do it. Unless Tag is being very clever.

To the best of my knowledge, Ro3, Tolvan, Pally, and Tim have had minimal history with Tirin, or more specifically him playing mafia and how that usually goes down. I'd be more comfortable lynching one of them today than anyone else on that account alone.

TimTh33nchant3r

Thanks for that, TC. Thinking back, the only game I really remember seeing Tirin in was the Gurren Lagann one that Riyant ran that inspired me to join the Forumafia game in the first place. Was he in the OOTS mafia game? I can't remember because it's been so long ago. Which is a shame because I should grudge against whoever was playing Nale in that.

Well anyway, nostalgia of the way way back aside, no, if I were mafia I'd have probably killed Easy first, under the assumption of vaguely worded Tolvan vouching being indicative of...what's that role that can talk to another person with it? Lover or something? Mason? I got stuck with it in the OOTS mafia 'cause I was Elan. Well, you know what I mean.

I'm trying to remember who was the biggest dick out of the four of us way back, and I don't actually know Tolvan. Ro3 was always chill, and I like to argue but I'm not generally hostile. I hope. Did Pally actually DDOS someone, or was that just a running joke? Or am I misremembering and that was someone else entirely?

Well, that devolved into a pointless rant that didn't mean a damn thing, but I'm posting it anyway. Enjoy the spam that my mind generates when I read your posts. Thank you for that again, TC. Maybe you all will glean something useful from it or something.

Top Bottom