Active The Elder Tales [CYOA]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
“Ugh.” Pete grunted as the paperwork spread across the desk. Jasper had been researching meticulously and Richard had been skimming the paperwork for the Corbitt estate. “Can we get food?”

“Yeah, once Drew comes back from questioning the librarian.”

“Someone say my name?” A cheeky grin accompanied the voice as Drew poked around the corner, glancing down at a piece of paper. Sitting on the table, he took out his little black book, scrawling the name and number of his latest girl before putting it away. “Anyway, Sammy gave me some go-“

“Sammy?”

“The Librarian! Well, Samantha, but Sammy is a bit cuter. Eithe-“

“Can we talk about this over Food?”

“Huh. Yeah, I suppose. Where do you want to head? Wait, let me guess: Tim’s?”

Pete’s lips curled into a wide smile as he gave a nod.

Tim’s had been the local hotspot for the Agency. A notorious drive-in restaurant that caught popularity with a younger demographic due to the hip and rebellious nature of it. Pulling into the restaurant with their cars while girls in cute outfits deliver your food and swinging music to listen to? It was the youth’s dream.

“Yeah, that’ll be it.” Richard thumbed the $50 that Joshua Toll had given them earlier in the day before glancing over at the general direction of Pete, Drew and Jasper. “You spill anything in my car and I’m deducting it from your payment.”

As the burgers, fries and shakes arrived, they began to scarf down the food after realizing they had entirely skipped lunch. The sky was starting to dim as they worked out the next step. It seemed that the outcome of the lawsuits could be found in the Hall of Records within the Boston Library. They could continue researching, but the town had always been a bit strange at night.

>Continue your research into the Night.
>Retire for the night

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The research is strange, so the town gettin' strange'll only help. Continue.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
lovable black man, who is my friend I wish you would try to shortchange me. I'll kick your ass, m9.

Continue research.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Wait, hold the fuck on. Jasper and Dick do research. Pete and Drew go get laid.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
“Hey, uh, I have a thing to do tonight.”

“Yeah, yeah! Same here.”

Richard’s eyes narrowed as his green eyes bounced from Pete and Drew. “All right. Jasper and I will look into this then.”

Flipping through the bills, he divvied up the cost. Eleven dollars went to Pete and Drew while jasper received twelve. Pocketing the remaining twelve, he gave them a look. “What, you’re skippin’ out and we’re doing overtime. It’s only fair.”

Grumbling, they finished their meals and were dropped off at the agency. Pete getting on his motorcycle after borrowing a spritz of cologne that Drew had on him while Drew hopped into his car. “Just you and me, Jasper.”

Darkness began to fall upon the town as the once loud streets were quieted. The street lights began to hum and buzz before lighting up. The sound of their shoes clicked against the pavement as they made their way to the library - a strangely intimidating building when it had gotten darker. The hue of the lights casted an unnerving green hue over the building as they opened up. They were going to close in an hour or two, but they still had time to look through the civil records.

The executor of Walter Corbitt’s will was Reverend Michael Thomas, pastor of the Chapel of Conteplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets. The Chapel of Contemplation was closed in 1912.

> Go to the Corbitt House
> Research more into Chapel of Contemplation
> Go to the Chapel of Contemplation

Requiem

Research, we already said to research. Besides, I might be getting laid on the Internet, but I'm not gonna intentionally send Tirin and TC into a place called the Chapel of Contemplation without having them research it thoroughly. That's some bad shit.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Research. Pretty pointless to just jet off to a closed-down church.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
((Mm. My bad, I should have added this as an addendum to the last update. Regardless, small post for now.)

Looking into the Chapel of Contemplation yields more information for Jasper and Richard. The two discover in the criminal court records that in 1912, there were actions taken but there are strangely no actions listed.

Asking the clerk about this, he points out that serious crimes would be handled in county, commonwealth or federal courts. The records of city officers participating in arrests or seizures are filed at the Central Police Station.

> Go to the Corbitt House
> Find the Chapel of Contemplation
> Attempt to access Police Records
> Retire for the night.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Get some sleep, probably try to access the police records in the mornin'.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Sleep.

Top Bottom