Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Steal Thy Kill

Making a verdict specifically in the hopes of setting a precedent is against the law to my knowledge. (Aussie Law Anyway)
Yeah, but see, this is forum law. If we were actually concerned with a fair and structured justice system we'd be doing things like voting on each charge individually (so for each RP), be interpreting an official legal definition of the crime, actually completing the argument phase, and calling for a mistrial because the presiding judge is an aggrieved party.

This is more about public shaming and/or/mostly dicking around.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, but see, this is forum law. If we were actually concerned with a fair and structured justice system we'd be doing things like voting on each charge individually (so for each RP),
You can do that, actually.
be interpreting an official legal definition of the crime,
Campaignicide: to willfully behave in such a manner as to bring about the death of an RP campaign.
actually completing the argument phase,
That's been done. That it wasn't well done is a matter to take up with the Attorneys. Forumers are advised to take this into consideration when deciding on representation in the future.
and calling for a mistrial because the presiding judge is an aggrieved party.
Motion denied. Juror is warned not to impugn upon the Right Honor of the presiding Justice by implying anything less than fair and impartial arbitration, unless he's also willing and able to substantiate charges made to that effect.

Steal Thy Kill

Okay, cool, so I vote Super Not Guilty on the Campaignicide of Golden Lore, Not Guilty on the Campaignicide of Judgement Day, and Guilty of Negligent Campaignslaughter of Judgement Day.

Last edited:

Rondait

If we vote on different charges then sure, I'll play ball.
Vote Not Guilty regarding the Campaignicide of Golden Lore
Vote Not Guilty regarding the Campaignicide of Judgement day
Vote Not Guilty regarding the Campaignicide of Emnity

I'm pretty sure we'd need new charges in order to vote on negligent/involuntary campaignslaughter, but in the event that we can vote for it anyways then
Vote Guilty regarding Involuntary (negligent) Campaignslaughter of judgement day.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Juror @Steal Thy Kill is reminded that "Vote [VERDICT]" is the proper format for submitted votes.

Jurors are also asked to note that Accused @Tolvan is not presently charged with Negligent Campaignslaughter [of Judgement Day]. While Prosecution is free to add or drop charges over the course of an Argument phase, it would be inappropriate to allow this to take place while Jury votes are being cast.

In the interest of efficiency, expediency, and encouraging careful consideration on the part of the Jury, all votes will be considered final upon submission, in future trials. In the interest of fairness and impartiality, given the lack of prior notice of such a practice, that condition will be waived for all previous and future votes submitted in the current Deliberation.

Official standing of Juror @Steal Thy Kill currently registers:

Vote Not Guilty for campaignicide of Golden Lore, Judgement Day, Enmity
Vote Not Guilty for aggravated assault on Fantasy Nations RP

Official standing of Juror @Rondait currently registers:

Vote Not Guilty for campaignicide of Golden Lore, Judgement Day, Enmity
Vote Not Guilty for aggravated assault upon Fantasy Nations RP

Official standings of @Colonel Thunder , @Firedemon , @AndyM03 , and @Chickenspleen currently register:

Vote Guilty for campaignicide of Golden Lore, Judgement Day, Enmity
Vote Guilty for aggravated assault on Fantasy Nations RP

Jurors are free to alter standing on specific charges, according to their judgement, until such time as the preset deadline for Deliberation has expired.

Rondait

Seeing as how aggravated assault implies intent to harm rather than negligence similarly to homicide, my votes as counted by the Honorable Justice Easy Rider are accurate.

AndyM03

Who are we, good friends, to impede upon the will of the major role players? We must balence the rights of all parties here, and there is clear discontent amongst the populace. A not guilty verdict risks the entirety of the RP board! Tolvan has clearly run reckless during a time of high unlawfulness, and I believe it will set a good deterrence of misbehaviour if we convene him to be guilty. The self determination and politeness of the RP board has failed, and our court must step in to achieve justice.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Do not cast aspersions on my board. The system itself has not failed; men like Tolvan and Kratour have.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
COURT IS HEREBY INFORMED that as of 01:40 EST on this day, the twenty-second of August, in this the 2016'th year of the Lord, forumer @Tolvan was found GUILTY, by a majority vote of the forum's Jury, of the murder of RP campaigns Golden Lore, Judgement Day, and Enmity: Vow of Vengeance*, and of aggravated assault upon the Fantasy Nations RP.

Taking into consideration the underlying circumstances behind the events examined, the sworn testimony of the witnesses summoned and their readiness to acquiesce to and comply with the suggested oath, the reservations of individual Jurors, and the attitude of the Accused with regard to the gravity and audacity of his (then) alleged crimes, it seems to me that, in the oft-exclusive interests of pursuing both full and proper justice for these transgressions, considerations of both vengeance and mercy on my own part must be wholly abandoned. RP Campaignicide is not historically recognized as a bannable offence; and even in this particular case, as pertaining to a particular individual, having been found guilty of numerous consecutive such infractions and a clear tendency for destructive and degenerative actions with regard to that section of our respected social order, I do not find that the severity and extend of the damage that he has wrought, nor the level of evident malice driving his actions in doing so, have necessarily approached such levels as to warrant the establishment of such a precedent.

With that being said, however, it falls to the Court to ensure that fitting and effective action is taken in response to this kind of damaging behavior, and deterrence of future incidence is only a secondary consideration to the reliable prevention of repeat offences. Given that the bulk of evidence regarding the consistency of his MO, together with the clear lack of remorse or concern on the part of the Accused when confronted and questioned about his actions, together, appear to be indicative of an underlying disorder in his moral character fundamental to his being, rather than any exceptional or coincidental alignment of circumstances behind each or any separate charge, I can see no reason to institute any fixed deadline on the sentence now to be imposed.

@Tolvan , for the safety and protection of any and all future RP campaigns in which you may find yourself inclined to participate, you are hereby RELEGATED from regular member status on these boards, and will instead assume the rank of Campaign Killer, until such time as, (if ever), it may become apparent that you have sufficiently repented for, and given up on, your campaign-killing ways. May this serve as full and proper warning to any GM's who, in the future, should ever find themselves considering the viability of your participation, for the sake of their own future plans and visions, and the safety and peace of mind of all other active or potential players. Be it on their heads, if they should fail to react accordingly.

*(Not exactly a dead campaign.)**
**(Arguably now post-death and resurrection, however.)

This CONCLUDES the case of Tolvan v. RP Boards. Court is now adjourned, pending any future cases to be held.

Accusations may be submitted privately, through correspondence with the Justice, or publicly, in this thread.

(Given that the Court is a public institution, and does not operate in a secretive or exclusive manner, accusations may NOT be submitted anonymously.)

COURT IS ADJOURNED.

Rondait

As glad as I am to see someone face the consequences of their actions I believe this does not bode well for the future of our legal system. If we ignore the letter of the law for this man, what happens when next it is one of us law abiding members of the forums are accused of a crime? Now if you excuse me I must go home and cook. I'm making steaks tonight.

Top Bottom