Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
(Oh right, I was forgetting something.)

ORDER. Court is now in session.

@AndyM03 @Jeroth

Defense and Prosecution may now present opening statements. Each side, having done so, may then proceed to: call witnesses, present arguments, and/or submit any evidence for or against the charges, or any briefs and statements quoted from an outside party, for or against the charges presented.

This trial will proceed until exactly one week has elapsed, or both sides have presented closing statements - whichever is shorter.

Proceed.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The accused, having chosen to appoint an attorney to oversee his defense, is reminded to remain silent until called.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
The accused wishes to call bullshit and point out that Jeroth is dumb
OBJECTION!

Now, The Right Honorable Justice Mistah Easy Rider, I do declare that the young Maretocks outrageous outburst to be stricken from the record. I figured an ex-criminal would know how to properly act in court.

Good people of Mach Entertainment! The Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider! Today, in court, we are here to investigate the matters of a forumer leaving Mach Entertainment due to the malicious actions of an individual. By the end of this trial, I will show you that, in fact, Maretocks' appearance and actions led to Danny deserting the forum.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
OBJECTION!

Now, The Right Honorable Justice Mistah Easy Rider, I do declare that the young Maretocks outrageous outburst to be stricken from the record. I figured an ex-criminal would know how to properly act in court.
Objection sustained. Any and all available moderators are now authorized to alter the record accordingly, in the normal pursuit of fulfilling their duties to the legal order of this forum.

AndyM03

Your honour @Easy , i'd like to welcome those gathered here and thank you and the jury for their attendance. I'd specifically like the thank the plaintiff and his team using the wordings and accents of my home tongue.
@Jeroth , @Chickenspleen , fair'dinkum, you absolute cock gobbling stupid cunts.
Secondly, I'd like to ask clarification on the proceedings of this court, as it is outside my usual jurisdiction. Do I not present my clients defense after hearing the collected accusations from the plaintiff and his witnesses, after which I am done, cross examination can begin?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
OBJECTION!

The Right Honorable Justice Mistah Easy Rider, I do declare that the young Mistah Maretocks is acting a bit uppity in this court. I request that he be held in contempt. I do understand it's in the boy's blood to act that way, but I do find it upsetting that his attitude besmirches the good nature of this court.

Secondly, I'd like to ask clarification on the proceedings of this court, as it is outside my usual jurisdiction. Do I not present my clients defense after hearing the collected accusations from the plaintiff and his witnesses, after which I am done, cross examination can begin?
Now, Mistah Andy, that is how a normal court would go, but in this Forum Court, it's a 'tad bit different, I reckon.

For now, The Right Honorable Justice Mistah Easy Rider, I'd like to submit these two threads in as evidence:

Evidence A: Maretock's Introduction Thread - I ask the Court to Take note of the creation date, August 27.

Evidence B: Danny's Departure Thread - I ask the Court to take note of the creation date, August 28.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
If you choose to wait until such a time, so be it. Regardless of which, witnesses are not to interrupt unless called. Either attorney may call them for such a purpose, and the right of cross-examination is available to the opposing attorney in each such case.

OBJECTION!

The Right Honorable Justice Mistah Easy Rider, I do declare that the young Mistah Maretocks is acting a bit uppity in this court. I request that he be held in contempt.
Overruled, but the record will show that forumer @Maretocks has now twice interrupted the proceedings with the untoward action of speaking out of turn. The next such offense will result in punitive action, including, but not limited to, temporary revocation of post-privilege and/or fines levied.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Forumer @Maretocks , your behavior would constitute criminal spamming in any other thread. Fortunately, contempt of court is generally a civil offense, and for now, will be treated as such. You are hereby fined a total of 5 Likes for your actions, to be exacted by the action of any moderator willing to enforce justice in this matter. Now, quit spamming the court. As with any other thread in general, participate appropriately, or not at all.

You don't jump into RP threads with anecdotes about how your day went. You don't jump into debate threads with dank memes and excellent gifs. Treat the Forum Court thread accordingly.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
The Right Honorable Justice MISTAH Easy Rider. The Prosecution wishes to see my client, @Chickenspleen, on the stand.

The man, himself, participated in both of the thread that I have linked.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@Chickenspleen

Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, answering all relevant questions posed by either attorney fully and accurately, to the best of your ability, no matter how tangential the relevance and however self-incriminating the answer may be, or else accept, before all forumers previous, future, and current, that your own worth is no greater than that of a gay-ass, baby-ass, stupid-ass, worthless-ass Czech pride stinking bitch?

The court is advised that failure to answer this query in the affirmative does not preclude witnesses from testifying or attorneys from operating. Failure to answer the presiding Justice's direct address, however, does, until such time as a worthy answer has been provided.

AndyM03

Your honour, I too would like to submit my evidence.
Quote A - Forumer Chat Thread Page 152 Post 3031:
I didn't know you worked at a graveyard.
I hope you didn't get too buried in work.

I'm going to go and think about what I've done.
Danny's Activity Page: Here
The timing of his departure thread: Here
And finally, the Brexit thread: It's been deleted. It's deletion stands as evidence.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Attorneys @Jeroth and @AndyM03 are reminded of the deadline for closing arguments, that being this Tuesday, the Twentieth of September in the Year of our Lord 2016.

AndyM03

Just by looking at Danny's activity page you can see he wasn't the most consistent user. He came in quick bursts, much like the defendant, Chickenspleen in the bedroom. His connection to the forum in his own mind, was flimsy at best. That being said, he was a definite member of our community, so what went wrong?
Chickenspleen blames Maretocks, but I will explain why this is folly.
Danny's two most recent bursts in activity were related to both Brexit, and Pokemon Go.
Let's begin with Brexit.
Despite disagreeing with him, many of us disagreed with Danny's brexit stance, but respected his opinion. Once the Exit vote won however, discussion got a little more serious due to the importance of the vote. Eventually Danny would even go on to state he would not read the thread anymore, and that he was done arguing for his side. We see this example of Danny's ability to take himself away from a subsection of the forum, a crucial step in what will later take him away from the forum entirely. Maretocks is not even in the picture yet. I'd like to call on @Tirin , if we have time, to see if he accepts with my assessment of the Brexit thread, as it has been deleted now, despite a lot of discussion occuring after Danny left it.
Secondly, Pokemon Go.
So much hype. While many played it, Danny himself found himself very disappointed by the game. Miscarried hype is the heaviest of all burdens to carry on your shoulders, many would agree. TC's singling out of Danny in this post
Danny I think you might be the only person I know who's disapponted
Highlights the shame and sadness Danny carried over the game. Feeling alone in that thread, he would not go on to post for another two weeks.

Finally, my most damning evidence:

I didn't know you worked at a graveyard.
I hope you didn't get too buried in work.

I'm going to go and think about what I've done.
It's clear that, you know what, Danny DID go and think about what he's done. TC plead guilty to his awful puns on the 26th of August. The time of Daniel's departure? the 29th. Clearly riddled with guilt over what the court has now deemed illegal, Danny had only one option to save himself of his precious $1.25.
To run.

I believe these are a far more likely sequence of events, and that there was too much going on with Danny to pin point anything towards my client, Maretocks 'HorseClocks HorseCocks' The Third. Despite this, my case goes further.
I would like to call upon another forumer, @Colonel Thunder to speak about the relationship (Or lack of thereof) between Maretocks and Danny. And I suppose I'll call my defendant up as well, @Maretocks , to speak on the same subject.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Let's begin with Brexit.
Despite disagreeing with him, many of us disagreed with Danny's brexit stance, but respected his opinion. Once the Exit vote won however, discussion got a little more serious due to the importance of the vote. Eventually Danny would even go on to state he would not read the thread anymore, and that he was done arguing for his side. We see this example of Danny's ability to take himself away from a subsection of the forum, a crucial step in what will later take him away from the forum entirely. Maretocks is not even in the picture yet. I'd like to call on @Tirin , if we have time, to see if he accepts with my assessment of the Brexit thread, as it has been deleted now, despite a lot of discussion occuring after Danny left it.
I have temporarily undeleted the Brexit thread, which can now be found here, in the interests of allowing free access to that thread and any evidence therein to the prosecution, defense, and jury. As a result, I will not testify as to the contents of that thread nor comment on the defense attorney's assessment thereof.

Top Bottom