Ended The Great War - Mafia 1917 [SCUM WIN]

Maretocks

Apologies for inactivity, been super busy and haven't had a night to myself for a while. I completely missed the night phase and didn't get a chance to use my role (sorry fam), but I'll be more on the ball now and will hopefully have some juicy info next day phase.
I just caught up (holy shit guys) and I'm gonna do another read tonight, but right now I'm very interested in whether or not FD and TC know anything from the night phase. If I missed a post from either of them claiming a role or any info I'll correct myself later.

I'm feeling pretty good about Tirin, Easy and Chicken. Anatronman seems like he's playing a lot more confidently this day. Easy's post about Null having way more power than him is interesting. Not necessarily good or bad, but interesting. Leaning towards Easy being a townie.
I have no read on Zircom, but like, I can't really talk tbh. Tag seems like he's starting to sweat a bit...

I'll back all this shit up tonight, but this is my relatively useless two cents for now.

Tag_Ross

Shit, I haven't posted since Sunday, damn Tempest Trials been keeping me busy.

Anyways, I've gotta reread some shit before I make my actual post.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I agree that dumb, not scum is real possibility here. But I think it would require an extraordinary level of dumb.
It'd require faulty play for either alignment. Chickenspleen's been out of the game for quite a long time, and so faulty play is unsurprising. It's especially unsurprising if he's really Town, whereas experience tells me a scum player will try a lot harder to avoid anything that might look like such an obvious slip-up.
My big problem here is not that Jeroth is telling people to play like Null, because he actually isn't. My problem here is that Anatron said what we all concluded from Day 1 and Jeroth feels that somehow rubbed him the wrong way, while stating that he agrees with Anatron, followed by, yeah, Jeroth being just active enough to not be inactive but not actually particularly helpful. Definitely need to hear from @Jeroth on the issues Easy, TC, and I are raising.
I see now that I wasn't really clear, but by "not even" I meant "not even just ___." As far as I'm concerned, either of the points against Riyant would justify making a case against; both together are enough to bust out my lynch on.

Anatronman

mAs far as I'm concerned, either of the points against Riyant would justify making a case against; both together are enough to bust out my lynch on.
What I probably should have used more than one sentence to say is that it would take a large shift in player focus to get enough info to make Zircom or Mare a better lynch today, and we already have arguably scummy behavior from Jeroth in his first few posts which he has not yet returned to defend.

Firedemon

It'd require faulty play for either alignment. Chickenspleen's been out of the game for quite a long time, and so faulty play is unsurprising. It's especially unsurprising if he's really Town, whereas experience tells me a scum player will try a lot harder to avoid anything that might look like such an obvious slip-up.
I see your point. So either dumb, not scum or dumb AND scum. Would like some commentary on this from Chickenspleen though.

I see now that I wasn't really clear, but by "not even" I meant "not even just ___." As far as I'm concerned, either of the points against Riyant would justify making a case against; both together are enough to bust out my lynch on.
More reason we need to hear from him. Given that today is Thanksgiving though, I'll give him a pass if he doesn't say anything until tomorrow or even Saturday. People have families or something I guess.

Also, yeah, Thanksgiving is a thing for all the Muricans here. No pressure from me to post today, even you inactives, maybe I'll even give the not-Muricans a pass, but let's get this back on track tomorrow or Saturday maybe?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Given that today is Thanksgiving though, I'll give him a pass if he doesn't say anything until tomorrow or even Saturday. People have families or something I guess.

Yeah. This.

Sorry. Brother came home on Monday and I haven't had much time to spend on the forums.

I'm going to try to construct a post tomorrow. My apologies

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Since I don't want us to get locked into a stupid fucking nolynch or totally unproductive discussion over people not showing up, @AndyM03 I move that we temporarily postpone this shit and wait until Monday to continue with day 2. That should give everyone plenty of time to get done with family stuff and allow for better-considered and better-constructed posts after the weekend.

AndyM03

I'm on a little holiday myself so that's fine. Day 2 will resume on the North American Monday.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'm on a little holiday myself so that's fine. Day 2 will resume on the North American Monday.
Thank you. I genuinely appreciate it. I really meant to try to get a post done today, but I woke up at 12, left the house at 1 and got back home around 12. I just got settled in bed and I need to wake up in 6 hours. I should be free when Monday rolls around and I'll pump out a post then.

Sorry to everyone who has been waiting for my response. I fully intended to write a post today, but I've just been so god damn busy.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Four apologies on the last two pages.
Congratulations man. You recognized that I feel really bad about the fact that I've been swept up by the holidays.

I finally managed to get some time to sit down and type up a post, so once again, my apologies for the delay. (That's five now @Anatronman )

This just rubbed me the wrong way. There's no deaths in the first night and Anatron is coaxing the doctor to claim if he's being lynched. There's nothing inherently wrong about the statement; I would rather have our potential doctor alive and outed than dead by our hands. It just doesn't sit right with me at all.
So this is the "scummy statement" that people seem to have an issue with? I still stand by this statement. Anatron has a point, but because it's Anatron; it's why I feel suspicious. This is after his day 1 post of:

Mare reads pretty innocent to me, the lurking wasn't too heavy and the fact that Jeroth passed over him in the OP is good information.
I found it to be incredibly shady it seemed that Anatron managed to read innocence on a guy after two pages of joke lynches and @Maretocks first post then somehow pile suspicion on me for not recognizing the "<3" on Maretocks' name in a joke lynch as if it's a major fucking clue.

(I was writing a section explaining the misconstrued statement on my end thanks to Easy's "abridged" version making it seem like I encouraged people to not role claim, but thankfully, it seems like you all realized what my post actually read. )

To explain my rationale: It just seemed suspicious to me that we apparently had no night kill and Anatron asks the next day for the doctor to claim if he's about to be lynched.

I wholeheartedly believe that it's the right thing to do and I'd be real mad if we got another Null situation. HOWEVER, it was the fact that this is following after my suspicions of Day 1 and this was Anatron's first post of the day after no night kill. To me, it came across more as a frustrated scum rather than a concerned townie.

Lynching a more active player will put more pressure on the inactives in the Days to come.
Zircom and Maretocks haven’t set off any alarms for me, unless the lurking is intentional.
Lynch Anatronman

This just reads wrong for me. Why the fuck would any member of the town WANT inactives over actives?

The answer: Never. We always want active people posting - that's why I have everyone else getting upset and angry at me for not posting. However, you're pushing suspicion on active players rather than putting pressure on inactives. This reeks of scum trying to get an easy town to control.

AndyM03

aye this is my Monday not the North American Monday.
But if y'all are free now go for your lives, let the day resume, I won't pester you if you're inactive until after tomorrow.

Announcement:
@Dunsparce has replaced @Zircom
Or @Xander , whichever account bossman decides to use.

Anatronman

At the risk of being called autistic for the second game in a row,

Sorry to everyone who has been waiting for my response. I fully intended to write a post today, but I've just been so god damn busy.
It’s 6, and only 3 of them are from you.

You’re using a lot of very expressive language in this post, like how I’m frustrated and my post reeks. Without the emphasis, I don’t think your points hold water. Mare was on neither of the 5 vote bandwagons, which at the time factored far more heavily into my read than his one or two posts on Day I. At this point he’s obviously lurking, since he wasn’t swapped out with Zircom, but it was a distinctly weak vote based on the actual scummy behavior on Day I.

And there you go agreeing with me while you say I made a scummy play again. If you agree that the Doctor shouldn’t just roll himself into his grave, don’t include the point where you call me out for suggesting he not.

In a non-Holiday season game, a lull in activity would draw focus to the inactives, who usually see posting as a quicker way to get lynched than not posting. Currently, there doesn’t seem to be anything driving anybody to post, so the point is somewhat moot, but I think that the environment was very different a week ago when I made that last assumption about Zircom and Mare’s lurking. Andy’s just swapped Zircom out, which I believe proves me right about his inability to play rather than direct scummy behavior.

As far as the last point goes, what degree of control do you think I have in a game with Easy, Tirin, TC, and FD? I’m suggesting we put the lynch to someone who has posted lynch worthy material, rather than the crapshoot that is picking someone with less than three posts out of a bucket.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
You’re using a lot of very expressive language in this post, like how I’m frustrated and my post reeks. Without the emphasis, I don’t think your points hold water. Mare was on neither of the 5 vote bandwagons, which at the time factored far more heavily into my read than his one or two posts on Day I. At this point he’s obviously lurking, since he wasn’t swapped out with Zircom, but it was a distinctly weak vote based on the actual scummy behavior on Day I.
So let me get this straight: You think Maretocks was town because he didn't jump onto a joke lynch? That was the reason you claimed he was town?

And there you go agreeing with me while you say I made a scummy play again. If you agree that the Doctor shouldn’t just roll himself into his grave, don’t include the point where you call me out for suggesting he not.
I agree that the doctor shouldn't just roll himself into his grave, but when it comes from you as your first post of the second day; it doesn't read right with me. I'll tell you that now like I did last week and I'm sticking with it.

As far as the last point goes, what degree of control do you think I have in a game with Easy, Tirin, TC, and FD? I’m suggesting we put the lynch to someone who has posted lynch worthy material, rather than the crapshoot that is picking someone with less than three posts out of a bucket.
I think you have absolutely none, which is why you're interested in lynching the active players over in actives. And by "posting lynch worthy material", you mean jumping behind Easy on a lynch from a misconstrued statement?

Dunsparce

hey guys its yo boi zircom. boy howdy i sure do love animu. i love animu almost as much as i love not giving a fuck about anything. you can tell how much i love animu and how much of a fuck i dont give by my avatar, which is of an animu gurl who doesnt give a fuck about anything

Xander

hey guys its yo boi not zircom. fuck that zircom guy amirite?

Top Bottom