Ended The Great War - Mafia 1917 [SCUM WIN]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Unlynch Jeroth... for now. Got some thinking to do.

Anatronman

And by "posting lynch worthy material", you mean jumping behind Easy on a lynch from a misconstrued statement?
You’ve consistently misrepresented other players in your posts, casted doubt on every active player who isn’t Easy or Tirin (pretty classic for this forum but come on), and created a double standard for the joke lynch phase. All pretty standard play, but you haven’t moved discussion forward beyond a comment about lines of communication.

I don’t think you’re a better lynch than I am today, but the way you’re framing my posts is only making your argument look worse.

Dunsparce

I can't wait for my role in the Poop game to be "You have to roleplay as Dunsparce roleplaying as Zircom."

I could see Chickenspleen as a viable lynch on the grounds that it would lend us the most potential information, but honestly, his confusion about his role strikes me as a fairly easy mistake to make, one that I recall making myself the first time I got that role. It seems that others have been calling him suspicious since early day one but I can't say I agree. None of what he's said strikes me as anti town.

On the topic of Anatron v Jeroth, while I don't like his logic of "let's lynch an active player! that'll really stick it to the inactives!" Anatron doesn't strike me as scum this game. I've had pretty good reads on the guy in the past, so I trust my gut on this. As for Jeroth, he seems to be giving some pretty shallow arguments against Anatron. I'll have to read into it more to really have a solid opinion, but for now, color me suspicious.

Sorry I can't really give any concrete arguments right now, I only just now read through the thread. Gotta say, I appreciate the more concise posts this game.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
To explain my rationale: It just seemed suspicious to me that we apparently had no night kill and Anatron asks the next day for the doctor to claim if he's about to be lynched.
Fair enough, but it also makes sense for him to suggest that since, y'know, if we lose the doctor town is gonna be on the receiving end of a deep dicking. I can put that aside, though, given your further justification of it.

Lynch Anatronman

This just reads wrong for me. Why the fuck would any member of the town WANT inactives over actives?

The answer: Never. We always want active people posting - that's why I have everyone else getting upset and angry at me for not posting. However, you're pushing suspicion on active players rather than putting pressure on inactives. This reeks of scum trying to get an easy town to control.
This, however, I can agree with to an extent. You don't have to control the debate if you control the majority, or even a near majority - just get town to slip up in some way and lynch the wrong person. I also don't understand why saying "Why, I have no control over the town, because [lists half of the game's players]" is a point Anatron even tried to make; as much as Easy and I have a history of warping debate and the gamestate around us, I don't think that really applies to Firedemon or TC as much.

I also don't like how Anatron's claiming that, apparently, using expressive language is indicative of being scum or not - he pointed to that instead of any active disagreement with a few of your points, sorta brushing them by the wayside.
I could see Chickenspleen as a viable lynch on the grounds that it would lend us the most potential information, but honestly, his confusion about his role strikes me as a fairly easy mistake to make, one that I recall making myself the first time I got that role. It seems that others have been calling him suspicious since early day one but I can't say I agree. None of what he's said strikes me as anti town.

Well... aside from, again, hopping onto the ass-end of some near-lynch, fuckaround bandwagons for no apparent reason, it could also be that he's full of shit about his role. He screwed it up, gave more than a quote-unquote "general summary" at first before backpedaling to something easier to claim and harder to dispute, and the more I think about it the less it seems like a doctor fits into a WW1 kinda setup. Seems sketchy, but I don't wanna take the risk of actually lynching a doctor and wrecking town by doing so.

On the topic of Anatron v Jeroth, while I don't like his logic of "let's lynch an active player! that'll really stick it to the inactives!" Anatron doesn't strike me as scum this game. I've had pretty good reads on the guy in the past, so I trust my gut on this. As for Jeroth, he seems to be giving some pretty shallow arguments against Anatron. I'll have to read into it more to really have a solid opinion, but for now, color me suspicious.

Anatron literally just said "I don't think you're a better lynch than I am today"... while advocating lynching Riyant, and having been doing so all day phase - often on the basis of pretty vacuous reasoning. He also strongly implied "We should probably lynch him because nobody's putting focus on Maretocks or Zircom", and sorta pushed that because Riyant didn't defend himself quickly enough. Despite noting that shifting focus onto either "you" or Maretocks could be beneficial to town, he didn't do so himself - and despite that, has accused Riyant of not moving discussion forward any (again, while having complained at him for not defending himself). It seems to me like he really doesn't wanna let Riyant off no matter what he does.

I'm gonna unlynch Riyant and lynch Anatron. By the way, @Colonel Thunder, I'd like to hear from you.

Anatronman

I don't want to Unlynch in a ten day long phase until I have a better lynch. I can't make anyone post, and the response of the person I have lynched has been a lot larger than I would have expected so I'm keeping it there. People can weigh in when they like, and the activity there will get us a better lynch.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I don't want to Unlynch in a ten day long phase until I have a better lynch.
That... has nothing to do with whether or not you can mention or call attention to other players.

I can't make anyone post, and the response of the person I have lynched has been a lot larger than I would have expected so I'm keeping it there. People can weigh in when they like, and the activity there will get us a better lynch.
Yeah, but see... some people haven't been. Some people probably won't. And I can give you a pretty good reason why Riyant's giving you a large response: because you're putting so much focus on him and, at one point, he had three lynches. One point very recently, in fact.

Thinking about it, the fact that he didn't get lynched when the majority is 5 and there are three scum leads me to two likely conclusions: Riyant is scum himself, or one/both of you and Easy are scum, either of which would make pushing a lynch through either impossible or ultra-sus. Given the narrow-minded way in which you've went about it, and the consideration that Easy's been giving to his lynches... I'd bank on you, then Riyant, then Easy in order of likelihood there. And, plus-side, if you flip scum it implicates Dunsparce to a degree.

Anatronman

I'm pretty confident there are more likely conclusions than those.

I think implicating Zircube if I flip is a stretch as well, since it's far more likely an active player is scum.

I'm not that confident that I have any perfect read on Jeroth, so I'll Unlynch him, but I want to point out that you're only accusing people agreeing with me.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm pretty confident there are more likely conclusions than those.
Such as?

I think implicating Zircube if I flip is a stretch as well, since it's far more likely an active player is scum.
And... if you flip, you saying this means "it's probably him", giving me more incentive to lynch you. You also don't actually have any defense of yourself...

I'm not that confident that I have any perfect read on Jeroth, so I'll Unlynch him, but I want to point out that you're only accusing people agreeing with me.
Read that post again. I said that I think you're the most likely to be scum, then Riyant, then Easy of the three of you. You've been effectively saying "I think this person is more not be scum because of [bad reason]" towards Zircube and Maretocks - coincidentally, the least active players - even though staying outta the spotlight is a well-known scum strategy and you have no reason to actually believe they wouldn't be scum beyond that.

You're also folding over to, like, two posts worth of scrutiny now that you're not being backed up by Easy and I. Gotta say, that doesn't look good, but I'll let other players draw their own conclusions.

Anatronman

I'd argue that you're exhibiting far more narrow-mindedness than you accused me of. I already said that we're at the top of the list, and I'm waiting for others to post.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I lied, post tomorrow night after stream. Or I can give a lame post at work mid-day, but I think it's worth taking some time to refresh memory and give new posts some thought.

Firedemon

Gotta say, I appreciate the more concise posts this game.
Heh. RIP Dunsparce.

Just gonna go chronologically here.

So this is the "scummy statement" that people seem to have an issue with? I still stand by this statement. Anatron has a point, but because it's Anatron; it's why I feel suspicious. This is after his day 1 post of:
So tl;dr

Anatron - "Hey guys let's do this totally pro-town thing we all agree is good."
Jeroth - "Fuck you."
Easy/Tirin/Me - "Woah, woah, woah. What?"
Jeroth - "You heard me, fuck Anatron."
Easy/Tirin/Me - "Because he said that thing we're all thinking?"
Jeroth - "No, because it's Anatron. Fuck you, Anatron."

Basically, Anatron is scummy to you so everything he says seems scummy? Like when you hate someone and everything they say pisses you off.

Glaring at that one bitch I hate intensifies

I found it to be incredibly shady it seemed that Anatron managed to read innocence on a guy after two pages of joke lynches and @Maretocks first post then somehow pile suspicion on me for not recognizing the "<3" on Maretocks' name in a joke lynch as if it's a major fucking clue.
So, I went and looked at this and here's a friendly little contextual reminder.

Mare reads pretty innocent to me, the lurking wasn't too heavy and the fact that Jeroth passed over him in the OP is good information.
Only Maretocks post before this statement:
Lynch TC for accusing me of criminality when the only thing criminal around here is his dismissal of the love that Andy and I share, which resulted in the heart after my name in the OP.

ONLY TODAY did a majority of Australians declare their support for marriage equality in a nation wide poll. Our entire country is getting with the times, Colonel. Why can't you? /meta

Edit:
Actually, Unlynch TC, Lynch Jeroth for not even ACKNOWLEDGING my 'special treatment' in the OP.
That Maretocks post is after the little Null/Chicken bandwagoning on Zircom incident that turned into serious discussion and got Null lynched, by the way. So memephase was basically over and all Maretocks had to say is that.

So, yeah, weird defense of Mare's lurking as "not too heavy". This was on calendar day 3 of the game as well.

To explain my rationale: It just seemed suspicious to me that we apparently had no night kill and Anatron asks the next day for the doctor to claim if he's about to be lynched.

I wholeheartedly believe that it's the right thing to do and I'd be real mad if we got another Null situation. HOWEVER, it was the fact that this is following after my suspicions of Day 1 and this was Anatron's first post of the day after no night kill. To me, it came across more as a frustrated scum rather than a concerned townie.
I agree that asking for a doctor claim is oddly specific, but I don't agree that this is scummy. Less sure how I feel about your finding that scummy being potentially scummy, given this is a plausible explanation.

Of course, plausible =/= true. Coming up with plausibility after people have called you out doesn't necessarily prove anything one way or the other.

This just reads wrong for me. Why the fuck would any member of the town WANT inactives over actives?

The answer: Never. We always want active people posting - that's why I have everyone else getting upset and angry at me for not posting. However, you're pushing suspicion on active players rather than putting pressure on inactives. This reeks of scum trying to get an easy town to control.
I would argue that inactives are kind of a crapshoot to lynch, unless you have no one you want to lynch. It seems to me they're more often lazy/busy than actually scum trying to hide. In my mind, if at least one active player can pass some lowish/mediumish threshold of scuminess, it's probably a better bet than randomly offing an inactive. But to argue that lynching actives is going to put pressure on inactives somehow? What? Like I said before, I don't agree with that logic at all.

Mare was on neither of the 5 vote bandwagons, which at the time factored far more heavily into my read than his one or two posts on Day I. At this point he’s obviously lurking, since he wasn’t swapped out with Zircom, but it was a distinctly weak vote based on the actual scummy behavior on Day I.
Problem here, in my mind, is more that the stated justification for innocence at the time was that he wasn't lurking much. Three days without a post, first post is acting like it's still the joke lynch phase when it's not. And now you're saying his absence from the memewagons was the bigger factor - which is easy to do when you haven't posted until after the memewagons. But yeah, with Zircom replaced and Maretocks not it does look considerably worse for Maretocks regardless of how you thought it looked in the first place. Though I think Dunsparce might have been the only person available to replace in, so Andy might have just flipped a coin or something to decide which one to replace. Guess we won't know until after the game. Unless @AndyM03 wants to be amazing and tell us? And maybe also who the scum are because you luvs us bby?

And there you go agreeing with me while you say I made a scummy play again. If you agree that the Doctor shouldn’t just roll himself into his grave, don’t include the point where you call me out for suggesting he not.
Yeah. Basically.

In a non-Holiday season game, a lull in activity would draw focus to the inactives, who usually see posting as a quicker way to get lynched than not posting. Currently, there doesn’t seem to be anything driving anybody to post, so the point is somewhat moot, but I think that the environment was very different a week ago when I made that last assumption about Zircom and Mare’s lurking. Andy’s just swapped Zircom out, which I believe proves me right about his inability to play rather than direct scummy behavior.
Actually, yeah, this reminded me of the thing. I got called out for lurking before that? You dismissed the near total absence of Zircom and Maretocks, but not myself? ... Why?

Context:
Chicken never answered my question.

Zircom and Maretocks haven’t set off any alarms for me, unless the lurking is intentional.

FD already got called out for lurking, this is not a good look.
Um... When?

Zircom and Maretocks are people I'd like to hear from though.

As far as the last point goes, what degree of control do you think I have in a game with Easy, Tirin, TC, and FD?
Wait... Did you just? Was that some kind of compliment of our ability to lead the town?

Did you just group TC and me with Easy and Tirin?
Aw, shucks, I might have a new signature quote.

I’m suggesting we put the lynch to someone who has posted lynch worthy material, rather than the crapshoot that is picking someone with less than three posts out of a bucket.
Solid rephrasing of original statement. Actually, I basically said the same thing in this post before I even read this. But, reminder of original statement that Tirin, myself, and Jeroth have called into question.

Lynching a more active player will put more pressure on the inactives in the Days to come.

Lynch Jeroth
Solid rephrasing does not change original statement. Original statement seems to say we should just lynch an active for the sake of lynching an active.

Also, by the way, at the time of this Anatron post I just dissected, he still hadn't really given another explicit reason for being on the Jeroth lynch. All of that post was defending from Jeroth's attack, so at that point he's basically just said he's lynching Jeroth for being active. Which is weird because... Jeroth wasn't very active at all at that time? I think? I don't remember, I've checked enough shit. But yeah, let's see if Anatron's position improves.

I also, yeah, did point this out already and Anatron did not address it.

I don't agree with that logic at all. Lynching inactives would put pressure on them, not lynching actives. And you're telling me that's your only reason for being on the Jeroth lynch? Lynching Maretocks or Zircom, who have been pretty inactive, would not only prevent the game from dying but also not do the mafia's job for them. No mafia playing to win is ever going to kill an inactive, because they're dead weight to the town that makes it harder to get a majority for lynching and aren't going to actively scum hunt. Because lurking is anti-town behavior. Of course, Andy is now considering replacing at least one of them with Dunsparce, so I'm not advocating an inactive purging lynch. I also don't think targetting inactives over actives you find legitimately suspicious is a very wise move. So if you have a real reason to lynch Jeroth, you should definitely do that over lynching an inactive in my opinion.

Suspicion of Anatron is growing a little. Still trying to decide how I feel about Chickenspleen like I was discussing before.

Oh Jesus that was literally two posts I just analyzed. Ugh.

So let me get this straight: You think Maretocks was town because he didn't jump onto a joke lynch? That was the reason you claimed he was town?
As I said above, I don't like this reason either.

I agree that the doctor shouldn't just roll himself into his grave, but when it comes from you as your first post of the second day; it doesn't read right with me. I'll tell you that now like I did last week and I'm sticking with it.
I think this post might just be beating dead horses. I don't know how I feel about your reaction to this, but I accept this explanation as plausible for the time being.

I think you have absolutely none, which is why you're interested in lynching the active players over in actives. And by "posting lynch worthy material", you mean jumping behind Easy on a lynch from a misconstrued statement?
At my point of progress through the thread, he hasn't even actually said he's lynching you for that. See above.

hey guys its yo boi zircom. boy howdy i sure do love animu. i love animu almost as much as i love not giving a fuck about anything. you can tell how much i love animu and how much of a fuck i dont give by my avatar, which is of an animu gurl who doesnt give a fuck about anything
hey guys its yo boi not zircom. fuck that zircom guy amirite?
Unlynch Chickenspleen
Lynch Bad Meme

You’ve consistently misrepresented other players in your posts, casted doubt on every active player who isn’t Easy or Tirin (pretty classic for this forum but come on), and created a double standard for the joke lynch phase. All pretty standard play, but you haven’t moved discussion forward beyond a comment about lines of communication.

I don’t think you’re a better lynch than I am today, but the way you’re framing my posts is only making your argument look worse.
Um... What? Maybe I burned out on those first posts and got tired (it's now 2:30 AM my time and I'm pretty sure I started this masterpost at 1:00 AM), but... What?

I'm... Yeah, I'm lynching Anatron here. Lynch Anatron

So that weird bandwagoning on Zircom for bandwagoning doesn't strike you as anti-town? I can accept a difference of opinion on the role claiming based on Easy's logic of "dumb, not scum."

On the topic of Anatron v Jeroth, while I don't like his logic of "let's lynch an active player! that'll really stick it to the inactives!" Anatron doesn't strike me as scum this game. I've had pretty good reads on the guy in the past, so I trust my gut on this.
I think some more points against Anatron have been made since this post, and you're catching up a little. So, I'm just gonna ask, do you still feel this way?

As for Jeroth, he seems to be giving some pretty shallow arguments against Anatron. I'll have to read into it more to really have a solid opinion, but for now, color me suspicious.
I actually kind of agree with this. Even though, yeah, I've been following up on Jeroth's arguments against Anatron and actually agreeing with some of them. Or most of them? I literally forgot, hold on.

Okay, I forgot why I was rereading my post, got back to here, and forgot what I decided upon rereading my responses to Jeroth's stuffs. It's now 2:50 AM and I must push on. Shit guys, I have a test tomorrow. Nah, it's cool, I'm graduating and literally can't fail any of my classes at this point.

Gonna cut out the things in Tirin's post where I really had nothing to say but agree.

I also don't like how Anatron's claiming that, apparently, using expressive language is indicative of being scum or not - he pointed to that instead of any active disagreement with a few of your points, sorta brushing them by the wayside.
I actually ignored that because I wasn't really sure what to think of it (and had given all of Jeroth's statements a fair shake anyways), but this is a very good point. Choice of language is not a reason to disregard points being made.

Well... aside from, again, hopping onto the ass-end of some near-lynch, fuckaround bandwagons for no apparent reason, it could also be that he's full of shit about his role. He screwed it up, gave more than a quote-unquote "general summary" at first before backpedaling to something easier to claim and harder to dispute, and the more I think about it the less it seems like a doctor fits into a WW1 kinda setup. Seems sketchy, but I don't wanna take the risk of actually lynching a doctor and wrecking town by doing so.
Agreed. In fact, I think Tirin's point that we might receive a "deep dicking" if we lynched the doctor is giving me more pause to lynching Chickenspleen than the "dumb, not scum" argument.

I don't want to Unlynch in a ten day long phase until I have a better lynch.
Might I interest you in a classic Day 2 TC lynch?

I can't make anyone post, and the response of the person I have lynched has been a lot larger than I would have expected so I'm keeping it there. People can weigh in when they like, and the activity there will get us a better lynch.
You can't make anyone post but you could call people out. Like you were pretty inconsistently doing before. Or at least give some reason other than the below quote for lynch Jeroth. You've argued a couple points with him, but still haven't said you actually think he's scummy for anything except this weird thing about lynching actives. You even said in your previous post that you think you're as good as him for lynching. And I don't really think the response being larger than expected is a good reason to just stop.

Lynching a more active player will put more pressure on the inactives in the Days to come.

Lynch Jeroth
Okay, I'm tired, I'm not doing these last couple posts. I start reading and typing slower as the sleep deprivation sets in and it's 3:25 now. Did I lynch Anatron?

I don't remember.
Unlynch
Lynch Anatron

I'll post tonight.

Life's gonna get busy so I won't do a poop mafia for this game, sorry gang. Anyone else is welcome to take the reigns
FD's "TC's "Andy's "The Great War" - Mafia 1917" Poop Mafia" Poop Mafia

Anatronman

To clarify my main points:
  • Lynching active players is far more consistent than lynching inactives. Choosing a lynch from the pool of active players will tighten the circle on those not posting in the coming Days, since I assume this Day is winding down.
  • I lynched Jeroth because I consistently disagreed with his points, which seemed to indicate a no-info role like my own before he mentioned some kind of lines of communication. I didn't agree with his criticisms of my posts either, which I still feel support the Town and continued discussion, so I left it there before Tirin claimed I was putting too much "focus" on him.
  • Considering that I haven't seen them play before and there were bandwagons about to go off the rails at the time, Maretocks seemed like a low priority at the end of Day I. There's no benefit to me to defend inactivity, and I don't think it was reasonable at the time to call it inactivity. Obviously circumstances are different now, but I stand by my posts in context.
I maintain that Jeroth is the surest lynch I have after rereading both Days.

AndyM03

Though I think Dunsparce might have been the only person available to replace in, so Andy might have just flipped a coin or something to decide which one to replace. Guess we won't know until after the game. Unless @AndyM03 wants to be amazing and tell us? And maybe also who the scum are because you luvs us bby?
to quote Hamlet act III scene iii line 92, "no". That's not to say we couldn't do with a Maretocks replacement at the current rate.

@Dunsparce halt the memes plz. profile pic change made me laugh hard though.

This activity is great, hopefully stays this way from now on.
pinging @Chickenspleen and @Tag_Ross to support the troops, and i'll continue to sexually harass Maretocks over Facebook. He has been very apologetic and feels vry bad.

Chickenspleen

Hey, sorry for the inactivity. I've been a bit swamped with final papers this week, but most of the pressing stuff is done, so I should be a bit less quiet. I was gonna Lynch Anatron a while back but I was waiting until I had time to make a whole big post explaining why. Lo and behold, FD did my job for me. Seriously, the whole 'double standard joke lynch' thing holds no water and I don't understand why it's still being used on Day 2.

AndyM03

Maretocks will be mod killed now.

Lynch Tally
Anatron - 3 (Jeroth, Tirin, FD)

Chicken - 1 (Tag)

AndyM03

Maretocks has been mod killed!

Maretocks was...
Belgium

Neutral Nation
"The one thing we have to comfort us in this war is that we are all absolutely convinced of the justice of the cause, and of our duty, once Belgium had been invaded, to take up the sword"
Lord Bryce

Your independence and neutrality has never been questioned since the 1839 treaty of London. However now that the Germans seek good land by which to invade France, the country has been raped and plundered.

As a major front in the war and as Europes military highway, you can choose a player to see who they target this night on the battlefield.

If you are killed by the Central Powers, other Neutral nations may be strengthened and enter the war for the Entente.

You win when the Central Powers and any other threats to the world are defeated.

Majority is now 5 to lynch

Top Bottom