Ended The Great War - Mafia 1917 [SCUM WIN]

Dunsparce

I just skimmed through the thread again, narrowing my focus on Anatron and Jeroth.

Considering all that Anatron's said, I can see why people think he's acting scummy, and I'd be more than happy to lynch him if it weren't for the fact that my gut still just isn't in it. The two biggest points against him are that he wanted the doctor to roleclaim, and he wanted to lynch active players over silent ones. While these two things are pretty scummy, Anatron seemed to argue for them with a degree of nuance that I don't think he'd use if he were mafia. He recommended that the doctor roleclaim, but only if he was about to be hammered, citing what happened to Null. And while I don't agree that we should only lynch active players, his logic in arguing for it is passable at least.

Jeroth is a classic Mafia lurker. He's had some excuse for it today, what with the holidays and all, but Day one, he always seemed to be in the middle of the discussion without contributing anything. More recently he's been trying to get Anatron lynched with what I still call "shallow arguments," which I believe I've better explained above. I think Jeroth likes to employ a more subtle play style in Mafia. Admittedly, I don't have anything solid against him. What he's done this game makes sense whether he's scum or town.

tl;dr My logic says FoS Anatron, my gut says FoS Jeroth.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Basically, Anatron is scummy to you so everything he says seems scummy? Like when you hate someone and everything they say pisses you off.
As far as my statement about the doctor role goes? Yeah, that's a way of putting it. I thought he was scummy on Day 1 and his post on Day 2 seemed just off.

I think this post might just be beating dead horses. I don't know how I feel about your reaction to this, but I accept this explanation as plausible for the time being.
After it being misconstrued, I want to make sure everyone is clear on my intentions behind that post, mate.

• I lynched Jeroth because I consistently disagreed with his points, which seemed to indicate a no-info role like my own before he mentioned some kind of lines of communication. I didn't agree with his criticisms of my posts either, which I still feel support the Town and continued discussion, so I left it there before Tirin claimed I was putting too much "focus" on him.
That's because I don't have any information today. I've been going into this day with my gut feelings from Day 1. Also, what? Am I misreading this or is that basically an "OMGUS" lynch on me because I didn't agree with you?

Jesus fucking Christ.
Yeah. This is fucking terrible so far.

Jeroth is a classic Mafia lurker. He's had some excuse for it today, what with the holidays and all, but Day one, he always seemed to be in the middle of the discussion without contributing anything. More recently he's been trying to get Anatron lynched with what I still call "shallow arguments," which I believe I've better explained above. I think Jeroth likes to employ a more subtle play style in Mafia. Admittedly, I don't have anything solid against him. What he's done this game makes sense whether he's scum or town.
I'm... flattered? I usually like to play like that when I have information from roles.

To echo Tirin's statements, I'm eager to hear from @Easy @Colonel Thunder

I know that you two are busy with jobs and I have no right to chide you about that after my absence, but I don't want to see more players get modkilled.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I'm going to aim for a short and sweet post. No quote-bombs.

Mare's role PM confirmed at least one other Neutral nation. That's free information.

Tag threw out an out-of-place Chicken lynch (making him the only person doing so) and hasn't said anything of significance in 10 days. I realize we had a holiday, but that's an odd silence for someone who was very open to discussion when he was on the hot seat early in the Day. Tag, what's up?

After re-reading all of Anatron's posts in this thread, he's reading as hella scummy. I'm sure that effect is somewhat true for most players, but re-read all his posts and tell me it's no scum play. Tirin, Jeroth, and FD already did most of the digging here, but even his earlier posts smell in retrospect.

I have the confidence to put a lynch on Anatron, putting him at one vote away from death. However, because we know that the required amount of lynches can vary in this game, I will not vote for him yet. I highly encourage everyone not to cast an additional lynch on Anatron until the remaining questions are answered.

Tag_Ross

Tag threw out an out-of-place Chicken lynch (making him the only person doing so) and hasn't said anything of significance in 10 days. I realize we had a holiday, but that's an odd silence for someone who was very open to discussion when he was on the hot seat early in the Day. Tag, what's up?
Has it really been that long? Fuck, let me explain why I've been unable to focus, you see... I have a problem, an addiction it you will, I'm addicted to Fire Emblem Heroes, a fucking mobile game. Luckily I've been able to keep myself from spending a ludicrous amount on this game (though some people probably would think $700 in the over 9 months is ludicrous) the problem with being unable to focus on mafia right now is that they are currently holding a legendary heroes event to celebrate the release of story book 2, this however also came with the problem of taking place in the middle of the Tempest Trials event (there's basically three different events happening at once right now) the tempest trials have rewards for scoring enough points within the game mode the most important of which are orbs (the hero summoning currency) I've already collected all the other free orbs available to me besides the TT reward orbs, so I've been grinding the tempest trials for all those orbs(I've got to make another 30K points to earn the highest reward)

Now that's not actually difficult, the problem is the legendary heroes event ends in 4 days, and with the November quests ending tomorrow, being replaced by the December quests, I'll only have two days to use my orb supply on the legendary heroes event.

Basically, I'm addicted to a mobile game, they announced a hero event (which includes some returning limited time heroes) would take place in the middle of a limited time point grinding mode, the end of one month and it's associated quests, the start of another month and it's associated quests, and the release of book 2. So I've been putting my nose to the grindstone so I can maintain my rank (which I've actually allowed to drastically drop because I've been ignoring the ranked game mode which provides very few orbs and takes a lot of time investment)

I have a short shift at work tomorrow, so I should have time to actually read the thread and make a decision.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I know that you two are busy with jobs and I have no right to chide you about that after my absence, but I don't want to see more players get modkilled.
Im'a be honest: I'm totally not busy with jobs. My job ended more than a week ago, catching up on around-the-house work that I'd put off during said job (and holidays) took another few days, and I've been absolutely decadent about the few days that came after that.

Really, my status quo is the impression that you've been lurking at a very classically-scummy level; not just in terms of overall activity, but in terms of overall contribution and how much influence you've exercised upon the game when you have showed up.

That changed when you made a solid case against Anatron; great. He's been very weirdly different this game compared to last one, yeah. Could it be because his Town game is a lot better than his scum game at this point? Or did he maybe just happen to make the right calls last time? Or is he just derp'ing unusually frequently this time? I dunno. Can't be sure.

Does your sudden influx of effort have to do with being Lynch of the Day for a while? Does Firedemon's sudden effort have to do with your being Lynch of the Day for a while? Is it actually just because of mitigating factors and holidays, in both cases, that there's so much disparity in your level of effort before and after that period?

Little Column A, little Column B?

I dunno.

Is there any real reason I have the nagging feeling that Firedemon went into emergency mode for the sake of getting people off your back, or is that just a fleeting impression I got last week for no other reason than that he wanted to lynch somebody else?

I dunno... but it wouldn't take that long to find out, really. But then that would lead to the next theory or sub-theory, and that the next, so I'm probably looking at a couple hours or so of commitment once I get started. And all I've wanted to do for the past couple days was drink, hang out, jerk off, and play vidya games.

So, uh... yeah. Kinda selfish of me, I know. Sorry. I'll totally get on that shit, like, tomorrow. Day after, tops.

Promise.

Tag_Ross

That's a shitty excuse but goddamn I didn't know Fire Emblem had a mobile game I am downloading this right now.
Don't, it'll ruin your life. Though right now is a perfect time to start, I'd recommend reading this (https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/beginners-guide-how-reroll-unique-character-stats-and-hero-battles) before linking a Nintendo account, I didn't and got stuck with a shitty roster at the start, took me two months to get enough heroes to even attempt some quests.

PM me if you need any advice.

Anatronman

I got hella good luck pulling heroes for that but I gave up after the first month. Not a fan of the whole energy thing, especially in the higher levels.

I’m going to admit that I took the first half of this game pretty casually and made some one sentence posts when I should have explained myself more thoroughly.

To Jeroth’s latest point, I would argue that the exact opposite is true. Since my lynch, I’ve heard no response but OMGUS. It’s obvious that we disagree, but even when quoting my posts there’s extra effort put into making me smell bad rather than just arguing out the logic when it favors me.

Have I played optimally this game? Hell no. Am I creating activity and hammering out who’s on what side if I’m going to have to die today? Absolutely. I reject the notion that anything I’ve done benefits scum except my own lynching.

Tag_Ross

I got hella good luck pulling heroes for that but I gave up after the first month. Not a fan of the whole energy thing, especially in the higher levels.
They actually just recently capped the stamina cost at 10 for story mode, they also bumped the player stamina limit to 99, plus stamina potions are a common quest/daily reward. But if you don't want to spend any stamina at all they added Arena Assault mode which costs no stamina but it's got some mean restrictions.

anyways, I'm out of stamina right now and I don't want to spend the pot to fill it up right now, so I'll get to working on my next real post.

Tag_Ross

I'm still rereading the stuff I missed and connecting the dots, but I'm getting the notifications for new posts so I'm reading those as soon as I see them.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Gonna be busy tomorrow and for a chunk of Saturday; don't expect a post until sometime Saturday evening, unless the day phase is over before then. Can't say I'd complain about that, to be honest.

Firedemon

Kinda waiting on more people to post.

@Chickenspleen
@Tag_Ross (though I do see you claim post incoming)
@... Uh...

Oh, huh, guess most of you have said something actually. Now that Mare is dead and all... Just didn't feel that way, my bad I guess. I might have been thinking some of you were gonna say more, that's probably why I'm confused.

I'll post some shit later I guess.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Alright, I caught up.

Lynch Anatron.

's probably him or Riyant. Or Tirin.

Top Bottom