Votes: 2 14.3%
  • #teamTolvan

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • #teamEasy

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Okay, I actually laughed too hard at the end there. Splashed booze everywhere.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Day 5

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 1/5

--

Druby wakes up to find a sponsor parachute beside him.

"Yes!" says Druby. "I was asking my sponsors for a fishing pole. I'll finally be able to eat a fresh meal!"

Druby excitedly opens the sponsor package. It contains nothing but a transparent metal wristband.

"Um, this isn't a fishing pole," says Druby, putting on the wristband. "Whoa!"

Druby's arm disappears. He inspects the rest of his body and finds that the rest of him has disappeared as well.

He takes the wristband off and his body returns to normal.

"A personal claoking device," says Druby. "Wow. This had to be really expensive. Thank you, sponsors! I...didn't realize I had that many people cheering me on."

Druby assesses his gear.

"Let's see, I have a cloaking device and a sniper rifle," says Druby. "I'm poised to take out just about any target from afar."

Druby scratches the back of his head.

"But..." says Druby. "I don't think that's very sportsmanlike. I think I'll just camouflage myself in some bushes instead, and hope nobody else messes with me."

Druby begins walking towards the tallest hill in the arena, where he hopes to find some bushes to hide in.

--

A personal cloaking device, straight from SKT!

This could really change the game for our final tributes!

Which reminds me, have we mentioned our special promotion?

We'll get to that soon! For now, just..

Stay tuned!

Colonel Thunder

Day 5

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 2/5

--

Easy rolls forward and kicks his opponents feet out from under them. A rising uppercut knocks their head backwards before they even hit the ground.

Easy swiftly dodges any incoming attacks and throws his next opponent over his shoulder. A single blow to the temple finishes them.

The next opponent gets the best of Easy, but after a series of imagined blows and exchanges, Easy jabs their torso hard, splintering the wood of their chest.

The final block of wood falls to the ground.

Easy breathes steadily and wipes the sweat from his brow. He sets his makeshift training dummies up again, in different positions. He practices in this manner all afternoon, training for any moves Tolvan might throw at him. Druby and Coolpool are of no consequence to Easy. Tolvan is all that matters.

Easy takes down another army of potential Tolvans, and swoops down on the final dummy. Right as he's about to disintegrate the wood block with a single blow, Easy flashes back to the past. He sees Chocobo bleeding out on the ground beside the dummy.

Easy collides into the dummy with his shoulder and they both fall to the ground.

Easy growls in pain. He slowly gets up and inspects his shoulder. It's red and swollen. Despite his best bush-treatment, the wound Tirin dealt him day one had become infected.

"Here's hoping my sponsors send me medical equipment," growls Easy, wincing as he stretches his shoulder. The tendons were still reattaching.

"Soon I'll put an end to these games."

Easy sets the dummies back up.

--

Remember, our special promotion!

Right! If you want to pledge funds towards a tribute to earn them equipment, the Games will now match your donation!

That's fantastic! Whatever you give, we'll match it!

This is your opportunity to get your favorite tribute the equipment they deserve!

Also, to make the Administrator a lot of mon-

Stay tuned!

Colonel Thunder

Day 5

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 3/5

--

"Oh?" says Tolvan. "Another sponsor package?"

Tolvan opens the silver container.

"A...a hatchet?" says Tolvan. "Well, um, thank you sponsors. I guess. I'm looking to solve things diplomatically though. I don't think I'll be using this. Oh, I know!"

Tolvan digs a small hole and places the hatchet in it. He then covers it up.

"Consider this a metaphorical representation of me burying the hatchet between the other tributes and I," says Tolvan smiling.

His smile fades.

"Okay, I just realized that was dangerously close to being an outright pun," says Tolvan, walking away. "I'm going to go think about what I did."

--

On the subject of Tolvan, we've actually been hearing a few reports about him.

I don't know if we should say this on air.

If the rumors are true, perhaps our innocent robot friend isn't so innocent after all.

More on that later! Maybe!

Stay tuned!

Colonel Thunder

Day 5

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 4/5

--

Coolpool hums quietly to himself as he fishes at a relaxing lake.

Coolpool looks at the camera.

"What?" says Coolpool. "I can take a day off too. Fishing is relaxing."

Coolpool continues to hum an fish.

He frowns after a few minutes.

"I was hoping for a cloaking device though," says Coolpool. "No idea why my sponsor sent me a fishing pole. Oh well."

Coolpool gets a bite and excitedly reels in his catch.

"Feels like a big one," says Coolpool, pulling his catch above water.

"Oh, for crying out loud," says Coolpool.

He cuts his line, and Rondait's bloated corpse floats away, once more slowly sinking below the surface.

--

Even Rondait's corpse is getting screentime? This is the most boring Day ever!

Looks like the final four are enjoying the sunny day. But...

Oh?

The Administrator has big plans for tomorrow!

Keep those funds coming in, and we'll match it!

Stay tuned!

Colonel Thunder

Day 5

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 5/5

--

"A hatchet? I wanted medical supplies," says Easy, inspecting the sponsor package. "Hmph. I bet I can beat Tolvan with just one good arm anyways."

As the sun sets, Easy cooks a meager meal and goes to bed. For the last time, a vision from the past haunts him.

Young Easy waits impatiently outside Wolfy's Diner. It has closed hours ago.

He rubs the side of his head. Still swollen from the fight with Tolvan last night.

Easy looks at the note 0corn had left him once more. This was the place.

A nearby payphone rings. Easy takes a deep breath and answers it.

"I dont have much time," says 0corn.

"Speak," growls Easy.

"I never meant for harm to come to the forum," says 0corn. "But Chocobo's death is my fault, and you know I can't come back."

"You're the only admin left," says Easy. "Chocobo's dead. Mael quit. Rob's insane. They'd give you a light sentence, they'd need you."

"They'd destroy my son," says 0corn.

"As he should be," says Easy.

"His faults as a protector reflect my failures as a creator," says 0corn. "I've wiped Tolvan's memories and removed his drive for justice. He's just a boy now."

"He's a failed, murdering machine," says Easy. "Not your son. That's a title that I thought...what do you think's going to happen to Urealms if you don't come back."

"..."

"0corn?"

"Urealms will fall. Nothing can stop that now."

"Not even a Defender?" says Easy, staring at his own reflection in a murky puddle.

"Not even you," says 0corn.

Easy clenches his fists and remains silent.

"Easy," says 0corn. "You may never hear from me again. If you want anything of me, take it now."

"..."

"I am sorry for the troubles I've caused you," says 0corn. "Goodbye Easy."

The dial tone echoes in the night. Easy hangs up the phone.

"Urealms won't fall," he mutters to himself. "I'm just getting started. They'll see the Defender I can be for this community, just you wait."

Easy walks back home under flickering streetlights. The world seems a bit darker.

--

Well, what a disappointment!

What's with everybody getting hatchets?

Is that seriously all the funding we polled? Just enough to get some hatchets?

No worries! Tomorrow things will get shaken up regardless!

Stay tuned!

Colonel Thunder

Night 5

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 1/1

--

The final night of the games was the most peaceful, an unrelenting calm before the storm. Easy saw flickers from a fire that wasn't his own, but stayed hidden and watched for movement through the night. Druby slept soundly, feelings of his own inadequacy long since overcome. Tolvan struggled to make a fire and retired for the evening. Coolpool laid awake all the night, finding every insecurity under the cover of darkness.

All four tributes hoped that the next day would be the last, and it would.

But only one man would walk out of the arena alive.

END NIGHT 5

Colonel Thunder

Final Day

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 1/7

--

Easy walks into a peaceful clearing early in the morning. It's nearly a perfect circle of soft dirt and grass, surrounded by the forest canopy that dominates the arena.

Easy sets his simple pack down and retrieves a flare gun. He fires one flare into the clear blue sky above him, then sits down in the middle of the clearing.

Easy meditates.

Hours pass.

Eventually, a change in the wind opens Easy's eyes.

His enemy stands before him.

Easy stands up.

Tolvan calmly walks towards Easy and stops in front of him.

"Hey, Easy," says Tolvan nervously. "There aren't many of us left. I was thinking, maybe we could try and break out of the arena together."

Easy says nothing.

"Druby is already on board," says Tolvan. "But...I don't think Coolpool will want to join us."

Easy says nothing.

"I...don't really know how to break out of here," says Tolvan. "I was hoping maybe you had some ideas, like which way we should start hiking or anything like that."

Easy's silence is deafening. He seems calm and at ease.

"I, um," says Tolvan nervously. "Druby mentioned you have some kind of problem with me. If it's because of the whole robot thing, I swear that's new to me too, and yeah, it's kinda freaky."

"..."

"If it's because I killed Tirin I'm really sorry about that," says Tolvan. "Honestly, I am. I don't want to hurt anyone. I only killed him because he was going to kill you, and...I've always considered you my friend, Easy."

"Tirin wasn't the first person you killed," says Easy.

"I'm sorry?" says Tolvan. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Those memories must be in your head somewhere," says Easy. "0corn must have loved you too much to replace your original hardware."

"What? 0corn?" asks Tolvan.

"Your 'father'," says Easy. "I'm sure he called himself something different to you. Did 0corn tell you you two were in hiding, or did he just feed you lies like he did me."

"Easy, you're scaring me," says Tolvan, taking a step back.

"The truth can do that," says Easy. "Now take a look at your history, Tolvan. Everything you've done has led up to me."

Tolvan focuses hard on Easy's face. In his faintest memories, he had seen that face before.

"You...were a friend of my dad's," says Tolvan. "When I was a little kid."

"Your name was 14," says Easy.

"I think a police officer called me that once," says Tolvan. "He was smiling at me, when my dad and I were going to some kind of clubhouse."

"Chocobo," mumbles Tolvan. "He was there too. My dad wept for him sometimes. I think he died."

"You murdered him," growls Easy.

"No," says Tolvan. "I would never kill anyb...I-I don't remember hurting anyone as a kid."

Easy slowly reaches into his jacket pocket. He retrieves a small object and motions for Tolvan to catch it.

Tolvan does.

He opens his hands and finds an old screwdriver. Caked with blood.

Memories come flooding back to Tolvan. His metal frame, studying forum law, trying to comprehend right from wrong, his father 0corn, his mentor 13thforswarn, his father's friends, an older man and a young polish guy - Easy! Then there was the politics/religion schism and right and wrong became so much more confusing and then the older guy wasn't following the rules and he tried really hard but no matter what he wasn't leaving so hehadtohelphimleaveand

Tolvan falls to his knees. Easy approaches him.

"I can't believe I did that," says Tolvan. "I killed Chocobo. Easy...I am so sorry."

"I accept your apology," says Easy, swinging a deathblow into Tolvan's temple.

Tolvan rolls to the side with superhuman speed, dodging Easy's punch.

"W-wait!" says Tolvan. "We can still leave this place together. Nobody else has to die."

"Chocobo didn't have to die!" growls Easy, getting ready to swing again.

"Easy, please, I was just a boy!" utters Tolvan, failing to dodge the second punch.

Tolvan is thrown backwards and skids across the field several yards. He slowly gets up as Easy charges towards him.

"Easy, please stop," begs Tolvan, meekly putting his fists up. "Our father wouldn't want us to fight."

"He ceased being a father to me the day YOU ARRIVED!" shouts Easy, charging Tolvan with full force.

Tolvan meets Easy's blow, beginning the battle that would define the Games.

--

Wow, can you belie-

Look this is intense I think we should just shut up for a bit.

Sta-

Shh!

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Final Day

4 Tributes Remaining

Scene 2/7

--

"Seriously? Another sponsor parachute," says Druby. "Man, there's a bunch of these recently."

Druby walks towards a small clearing where an unopened sponsor package lies tangled in some tree branches. He reaches up and yanks the package down.

Druby takes the lid off the package.

"Antibiotics?" says Druby. "And medical supplies? Man, this is even weirder than the hookshot and mirror I received earlier."

"I couldn't tell you why they sent me that either," says Coolpool.

Druby spins around to see Coolpool, the barrel of his laser pistol staring him down.

"As you can see I'm uninjured," says Coolpool. "Judging from the wristband you have there, it looks like you received the personal cloaking device I asked my sponsors for. If I had to guess, I'd say whoever's in charge of delivering these packages is a moron."

"Seems that way," chuckles Druby nervously as he looks for a good escape route. None present themselves.

Coolpool's laser pistol makes a clicking sound.

"Damn thing, it's been doing that," says Coolpool, fiddling with his laser pistol. "Takes an hour to charge between shots now. Real obnoxious."

"Too bad," says Druby. "Well, I guess I'll be going n-"

Coolpool pulls out an uzi and shoots towards Druby. Druby uses his hookshot on a nearby tree and swings to safety, then activates his cloaking device and hides in plain sight. Coolpool looks around frantically as Druby lines up a shot with his sniper rifle.

Coolpool notices two oddly displaced areas of grass and shoots there. Druby bails with the hookshot before the bullets hit him, but also before he can land a shot himself.

"You may have my cloaking device, but I can still track your movement!" boasts Coolpool.

"Yeah, well, you're freaking weird," says Druby, dodging another volley of shots.

"I killed you too quickly the last time," says Coolpool, assessing Druby's current location. "A mistake I don't intend on duplicating. This will be an interesting battle, Druby!"

Two sniper shots ring out, but Coolpool dodges them both. Seeing the laser dot gives way Druby's location, so Coolpool turns and fires again.

The two continue to fight around the clearing in a dance of taunts and gunfire.

--

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Coolpool notices two oddly displaced areas of grass and shoots there. Druby bails with the hookshot before the bullets hit him, but also before he can land a shot himself.
Since when do forumers have fucking bullet time reflexes? Especially gavones like this who'd get slaughtered by old blood like me or Easy?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Probably just poor aiming.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
"Easy, please stop," begs Tolvan, meekly putting his fists up. "Our father wouldn't want us to fight."
Chocobo would, though. He'd probably want me to use the screwdriver to end it, too.

This one goes out to you, Chocobo-sensei.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
God damn right, he would. Open up Tolvan's brain cav- circuit casing for me, will you?

Top Bottom