TV: Game of Thrones

Lumpy

Yeah there were quite a few white Italians taken into slavery by dark skinned Muslims a millennium ago.
The biggest and most brutal slavers in history were the Africans and Arabs. They probably still are in fact. Behind some efforts in East Asia, Europeans were the first to start abolishing it.

What's on par with our history is not necessarily a white person being enslaved, though they were pretty valuable, so much as the slaver happening to be dark skinned.

The Hound

Just Monika
It's not Arya's fault that the story said she had to leave her better half behind and by better half I mean The Hound.

But yea... Her story line has easily become the least interesting one in the story.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Arya in the last episode was boring, but that's because it was setup for her finally starting to do some crazy magic-like shit that we'll hopefully see next episode.
The only "crazy magic-like shit" Arya's done in the books thus far was wearing a glamour for a day. It's my view that they're skipping all the best parts of her training, but I have to admit that even those wouldn't be especially fun to watch. It's a very long, tedious process in the books, with a lot more stages of training and each stage being a several-month-long process.

Anyone else really, really underwhelmed by that last fight scene with Bronn, Jaime, and the Sand Snakes? Did they get a new choreographer (for some reason), or was the regular one just thrown way outside his comfort zone by the demand to incorporate a bunch of absolutely silly, desperately show-offish and impractical moves into it? It was terrible to watch, really.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
She's fine. Bronn wasn't really swinging that sword anyway, so much as lazily flapping it around.

Walrus

Outside of the unexpected shenanigans in the pits, I wasn't a big fan of last episode. A lot of it felt like simple scenes of set-up for next episode (e.g. Jon actually getting inside) and/or the execution of simple things that were already very well setup to happen (e.g. what the Lady in Red did, friendly diplomacy in Dorin).

13thforsworn

The Rooster Teeth Podcast spoiled for me the bit with the BBQ. God dammit Barbara. I feel as though this episode 9 climax was pretty lackluster in comparison to that of other seasons. Remember Ned getting his head lopped off? And the Battle of the Blackwater? The Red Wedding? The Battle of Castle Black? Those were all fucking insane episodes. All we got this season was some shitty assassination attempt and 30 seconds of cool dragon CGI, followed by another 30 seconds of shitty dragon CGI.

Last edited:

Walrus

Episode 8's ending was certainly far more insane, and may have fit better as an episode 9 ending if following the logic of "the penultimate climax of the season should be bat-shit insane."

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The Mannis might still be alive. I mean, Brienne has fucked up literally everything else she's ever done, so why ruin a good thing now? Regardless, he is the true king, even in death.

pls

Top Bottom