Ended Voreth's Arena: A Shizzle Dizzle CYOA

Shizno

I'm bored so I'm doing a thing. And since Shizno has never had an original idea in his life, I'm doing a CYOA. Fantasy based because thats get me off or something. Also to improve my writing when I can. Come read and join in, if you want. It'll be fun... I hope?

Basic set-up should be fairly easy to follow. Nothing will be statted out and how your character grows will depend on how he or she fight their battles. There is racial 'potential' which pretty much determines how fast a skill grows, but it's fairly slight as pretty much any character could develop any style of fighting.

Martial - Any physical combat. Daggers, swords, hammers, even bows. Fairly simple.
Spiritual - Be it holy-aligned spells or simply meditating. This is whatever the equivilence of clerics, paladins, and monks would use.
Magical - Ability to channel and use magic. For the most part, there's nothing you can't do with magic, but takes time to learn and yada-yada. I'll go more in-depth as it's required.

Character Sheet:
To be created as the character is.

Shizno

The feeling of being forced from your wet sheet on the floor wasn’t the thing that woke you up. Nor was it the metallic clank of iron chains and manacles as they were attached to your hands. It wasn’t the faint light of the door being opened to your damp, dark room in the back of this den of agony. No, it was a voice; one filled with spite and hatred, “Oi, slave! Get yer ass up!” the man ordered you.

You simply staggered there in a slightly confused daze as you were forced to walk forward at whatever slow pace you could manage. This caused the man’s hand to shove you forward as he added, “‘Ey, ya fuckin’ scum! Keep movin’!” he said in almost a completely broken tongue. It was very doubtful this man was hired for his intellect, but you did not have time to dwell on the thought.

Instead, your mind was filled with thoughts about what was happening to you as you opened your mouth to inquire about what was about to occur. Your lips parted, but no sound escaped, most likely due to this faint blue rune that was unceremoniously etched into your throat. You attempted to force said words even harder, but to no avail. You wanted to let out a sigh, but all that came out was a series of silent coughs; damn, your throat was dry. When was the last time you had even a cup of water? It was hard to even say.

It wasn’t long until the man ordered you to stop in front of a dimly lit door, “Yer time’s up, slave. Enjoy bein’ cut inta lit’le bits.” he said as the man, dressed in leather armor and equipped with a sword and a shield, unlocked your bindings; the manacles fell to the floor and kicked up sand as it landed. The faint sound of cheering could be heard on the opposite side of the door which made you certain of what was happening. It was time for your first fight in Voreth’s Arena.

As the door opens, what does the crowd see?

[Human]
They never thought an urchin would be missed from the city. They were right. You were taken and made a slave at a young age; having been in servitude for many years until they needed more meat for the slaughterhouse that is the arena.
Martial Potential: High
Spiritual Potential: Moderate
Magical Potential: Low
Passive: Human Survivalism - When competing with the speed of an elf or strength of a dwarf, humans had to find alternate ways to survive. Be it by luck or fighting dirty, things go your way just a tad more. Sucks that it couldn’t have kept you out of the slave ‘life’.

[Orc]
A respected warrior in your tribe until a band of slavers raided the camp one night. Many were slaughtered and the unluckier ones were turned into servitude. They thought an orc would surely thrive in such a place of death.
Martial Potential: High
Spiritual Potential: High
Magical Potential: Very Low
Passive: Orcish Ferocity - Who needs blood when you can run on pure adrenalin? Even when crippled and bleeding, you can fight on further than any other could.

[Elf]
Living in the forests of your homeland seemed to be perfect. With an almost unending natural lifespan, elves are incredibly respected; yet highly valued as slaves. It was only a short time before they wondered how you would do in the arena.
Marial Potential: Low
Magical Potential: High
Passive: Elven Speed - Anything in your hands is faster than they normally would be. From swords to bows and healing magic to necromancy.

[Dwarf]
Why did you ever leave your home? The reason seems irrelevant now. You, once the child of a famous blacksmith and on your way to becoming one yourself… you are now nothing more than a slave, forced into the arena as a commodity.
Martial Potential: Very High
Spiritual Potential: Low
Magical Potential: Low
Passive: Dwarven Efficiency - Any armor you wear is enhanced by your own sturdiness. Even if not wearing armor, even your skin is hard enough to resist being pierced.

[Custom Race]
[More Options]

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Elf. I just really like elves, magic and any passive that buffs speed is nice.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Out of curiosity, how did the elves as slaves thing come to be in fantasy stereotypes?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Orc. Because I'm tired of magic. Originally, I wanted to be a dwarf, but orcs have more potential. Also, they're just cooler.

Tag_Ross

C'mon guys, let's be something crazy, maybe not a bunny, but let's be the monster that kills a bunch of Shitty gladiators, like a Griffin, manticore, centaur or something like that, c'mon.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
C'mon guys, let's be something crazy, maybe not a bunny, but let's be the monster that kills a bunch of Shitty gladiators, like a Griffin, manticore, centaur or something like that, c'mon.
If you were a crazy bunny would you be kind of like the taguel from fire emblem? What about an elemental type of race? My vote's still on elf.

Tag_Ross

If you were a crazy bunny would you be kind of like the taguel from fire emblem?
Sure why not. I didn't really like the taguel, it felt to me like they just threw the beast race in without trying.

What about an elemental type of race? My vote's still on elf.
I think elementals would be a bit harder to enslave without a mage to control it.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Oh! How about a sort of angel people. Not actual angels but winged people, not quite harpies. Then again harpies are not a bad choice either. What do you guys think about pseudo-angels or harpies? Would harpies have the same intelligence levels as humans and elves or would they just be bird brains? My vote is still on elves just to be clear.

Shizno

As a note, those two races would look something along the lines of this:
[Avariel]
Physical Potential: Very Low
Spritual Potential: High
Magical Potential: High
Passive: Avareilian Flight - Although it's not true flying, those wings on your back aren't just for show. You can easily use them to ascend to greater heights faster or slow down your falling speed to avoid any... unfortunate accidents with the ground.

[Centaur]
Physical Potential: Very High
Magical Potential: Very Low
Passive: Centaurian Charge - Well, the horse half isn't just for the huge morecock that it comes with. Not only can you sprint faster and for longer, but when charging an opponent, it's harder for them to dodge as well as you doing more damage if you hit.

Top Bottom