Ended Voreth's Arena: A Shizzle Dizzle CYOA

Requiem

Also protip, even though I don't think it's happened here yet, avoid eyes with two different colors. Your character isn't special enough to warrant the different colored eye treatment. No one's character is. In fact, it's stupid. Really stupid.

Shizno

Sul... wen... Sulwen. It had been a while since you were called anything other than 'slave', 'bitch', or 'bird-brain' depending on how juvenile they're being. But your given name is not easily forgotten, and, surprisingly enough, may be one of the best things to remind yourself that you're more than a slave. You'll hold onto that name until you're finally free, one way or another.

It was hard to determine what the crowd thought of you; perhaps they were excited to see how you fought, but it was just as likely that they wanted to see you get ripped to shreds by your opponent. Watching a rare thing like yourself get demolished is quite the perverse hobby. Perhaps its your wings or rather light frame that leads to you looking quite majestic as much as it makes you frail. That, combined with your long blonde hair and violet eyes that shimmer in the light causes you to look more breathtaking than many could ever dream to become. That case would be even more if you had managed to be hygienic in the recent past. If your hair wasn't a tangled mess and you were wearing something other than a tan-colored tunic, you'd be more than stunning.

But perhaps you should be thankful that they sent you out here with clothes at all; it'd be quite hard to deal with everything being revealed to all the spectators present today. You didn't have time to dwell on that thought as a loud voice began to ring out, "And here we have it, folks! Our first contestant of this year's initiation!" said the masculine voice filled with confidence and mirth. The crowd responded quite energetically to his rousing introduction, "Quite a special one she is! All the way form the Gladewell, this Avariel may be more than she appears! You'll have to keep a close eye on her, folks! But enough about her, let's focus on who she'll be fighting~!"

As the man exclaimed this, the door you were facing began to open. There was a figure in the shadowy door frame that hesitantly took a step forward. Stepping into the light, it was revealed to be an elf woman with short, light brown hair. Her eyes darted around her surroundings, fearful of everything: the crowd, the announcer, and even yourself. It wasn't hard to determine that her situation was much like your own; her clothing was exactly the same, if not a bit more worn. And a hint of blue could be detected under her chin, most likely the same magic that binds your own ability to speak.

"And this pretty little thing is perfect for the first fight, eh? Frail girl versus frail girl? Oh, it's perfect, just don't expect them to start making out anytime soon, you horn-dogs! This, after all, is a blood match!" this caused an uproar from the crowd, "You folks might even be looking at the future champion of Voreth in the arena right now. As.. unlikely as that might be, of course, haha. Now then, enough of me yapping, get to the slaughter!" he demanded.

Almost on cue, the elven woman's face became contorted in fear as she began to bite her lower lip. Searching around on the ground, there were several different weapons available to use if one desired. Shortsword, mace, battleaxe, leather shield, a few daggers, a bow, and a few arrows were all scattered across the arena. As her eyes looked towards you in a panic, her body slowly went down to pick up one of the daggers that were near her feet. It was obvious that she had no choice in this matter, much like your own.
---
[Grab a Weapon]
[Try to appeal to the elf]
[Custom Option]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Go for shortsword and shield, in that order. Get the bow later, if possible.

I mean, you could just say they're an albino who would naturally have blue eyes.

Pretty sure that makes no goddamn sense. Your eye color wouldn't be purple because blue+red=purple, it'd be red because you still don't have any pigmentation in your eyes.

Also protip, even though I don't think it's happened here yet, avoid eyes with two different colors. Your character isn't special enough to warrant the different colored eye treatment. No one's character is. In fact, it's stupid. Really stupid.

Hey man, eyes can change color and appearance from being damaged, as with David Bowie.

This is correct the vast majority of the time, though.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I don't mind heterochromia as long as there is a legitimate reason for it.

The weapon of choice I would prefer in this situation are daggers. I doubt that trying to appeal will do anything. Unless we are either trying to trick the opponent into letting down their guard, killing ourselves, or faking a death(which has about a 1% chance of working), nothing good would come of it. I doubt the people running the slave trade would appreciate no fighting going on either. Might as well try and make it a quick death.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Shortsword and shield for weapons, but prioritize magic. I'd prefer to appeal to the elf if possible, but not at the risk of our own safety.

As for the purple eyes, they ARE possible for albinos, albeit rare, at least according to Wikipedia. As for why I'd make a character like that, well... Maybe I just dislike "normal". As for heterochromia, meh. Never been a huge fan, personally.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So Shizno, to cast magic are we going by the minimum one free hand rule, speech casting, or what?

Shizno

It didn't take long for you to make your decision. If this was going to be a fight, then you had no real choice. Finding the sword some distance away from you, you broke out into a sprint. Running as fast as your malnourished body could have went, you managed to make it towards the weapon without much issue. Reaching down to pick it up just in time to turn around and see the elven woman charge you, dagger gripped tightly in her hands.

The main issue of this situation was thus: the second part of equipment you desired was on the opposite side of the elf trying to harm you. Not the most optimal of positions.
---
[Retaliate with the sword]
[Run around the elf to get the shield]
[Charge forward and duck around the girl as she swings]
[I'm not even gonna put in 'custom option' anymore]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Go around dat bitch, use the sword to keep her at a distance or shank her if she gets close enough.

Requiem

Hey man, eyes can change color and appearance from being damaged, as with David Bowie.

This is correct the vast majority of the time, though.
Well I mean, sure, in the case of your eyes getting physically fucked up in some way, sure, that makes sense. In fiction, making your character the victim of some sort of physical trauma that causes the differing eye colors would be alright, I think. Mainly it's the "I was born with different color eyes, I'm super special" bit that people hate. Getting punched in the face repeatedly causing some permanent shit? Yeah, that's pretty compelling.

Oh, I guess I'll play this too. Do what Tirin said.

Tag_Ross

Try using magic to distract her while going around for the shield, strike her with the sword if the magic doesn't stop her.

Top Bottom