Continuous Who Would Win? [Fight 3: Goku vs Superman]]

Requiem

That's a possibility, but why would Tirin pop anywhere within an arm's length of Easy? Tirin has an ego, sure, but he doesn't just let that get in the way of him also being smart.

For me, they're both evenly matched in terms of (forum) strength and intelligence, but the Time powers themselves just make the fight lopsided in Tirin's favor.

Tag_Ross

R1, easy, it's Easy, I don't think Tirin has any known feats that can Trump Easy's biceps.
R2&3 go to Tirin, complete mastery of time is stuck am OP ability, def places Tirin in 1st place among forum characters, abilitywise.

Also, do the combatants have to be from the forum, or could I do something along the lines of:

R1 Godzilla vs Charizard* at the base of Mt Fuji
R2 Godzilla vs CharizardX* at the base of Mt Fuji
R3 Godzilla vs CharizardY* at the base of Mt Fuji
R4 Godzilla** vs Charizard in a standard Pokemon arena
R5 Godzilla** vs CharizardX in a standard Pokemon arena
R6 Godzilla** vs CharizardY in a standard Pokemon arena

*scaled up to equal size
**scaled down to equal size

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
i.e. Easy studies Tirin's attacks and after baiting him, purposefully punches where Tirin isn't, knowing that there's a good chance Tirin is going to move himself into that position through time powers.
That.. doesn't even make any sense. That would require me to deliberately move myself into the path of Easy's fist while he's standing still (and for as long as I want him to), you fuckboy.

Hm...

In my mind, I think Tirin can beat Easy, but Stealthy can beat Tirin, but Easy can beat Stealthy.
I'd wreck Stealthy's bitch ass, and it'd be even easier 'cause he can't take a hit like Easy can.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Also, do the combatants have to be from the forum, or could I do something along the lines of:

R1 Godzilla vs Charizard* at the base of Mt Fuji
R2 Godzilla vs CharizardX* at the base of Mt Fuji
R3 Godzilla vs CharizardY* at the base of Mt Fuji
R4 Godzilla** vs Charizard in a standard Pokemon arena
R5 Godzilla** vs CharizardX in a standard Pokemon arena
R6 Godzilla** vs CharizardY in a standard Pokemon arena

*scaled up to equal size
**scaled down to equal size
Yeah, you could totally do something like that.

Tirin was suggesting the first one be "Every pre-1900's military vs Every post-1900 infantry."

I just went with forum lore since it was fun.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'd wreck Stealthy's bitch ass, and it'd be even easier 'cause he can't take a hit like Easy can.
I think the idea is that Stealthy wouldn't just fight with his own flesh and blood like a true BAMF and man of honor, but would make use of deception and any external advantages available to him, some of which would be totally bullshit useful.

Y'know. Kinda like you, but with less raw OP and more utility.

i.e. Easy studies Tirin's attacks and after baiting him, purposefully punches where Tirin isn't, knowing that there's a good chance Tirin is going to move himself into that position through time powers.
Deliberately missing punches wouldn't be the smart thing to do. The smart thing to do would be to say "fight without time-fuckery or no balls."

Tag_Ross

"Every pre-1900's military vs Every post-1900 infantry."
I'm going post, sure pre has numbers and sea transport, but they've got pretty much nothing that can defend against a tank.

Also, isn't lore Tirin an infinitely expanding mass of prehensile penises?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm going post, sure pre has numbers and sea transport, but they've got pretty much nothing that can defend against a tank.
Pre doesn't necessarily have numbers, on account of huge population growth and China being a thing. Someone else can work the math on that. But the final version of the challenge ended up with restrictions on the modern side including:
- Present-day only,
- Active duty footmen only,
...actually, I think that covers it.

Oh. Also, the pre-1900's side isn't restricted to infantry. They get to use all armed forces.

So... yeah. Much harder to call.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Once Tirin throws in some parameters for that Whowouldwin, I'll toss it up as a suggestion.

For now, feel free to toss suggestions. Once I feel like we've exhausted a topic, I'll throw another one up.

Tag_Ross

Nah, still going with today, there's still anti sea/air infantry, and like I said, there's not much pre can do against tanks and other heavy vehicles. Plus, armies tended to stay in formation pre-1900's which makes it easy for heavy artillery to destroy large groups in little time, even without air support.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Again, footmen only.

AndyM03

Again, footmen only.
I'm leaning towards modern, but I'm also leaning towards the previous time being far more numerous.
Machine guns, Mustard gas, explosive rounds, RADIO, discipline, more resistant to morale shocks.
If a few hundred Romans can take on tens of thousand celtic barbarians, then a modern army can inflict far more damage on an inferior enemy, no matter the numbers.
The biggest issue the modern army would have would be dealing with the pre 1900 artillery. That would be no joke, and limited to infantry the modern army would be hard pressed to counter.

Actually, I just think I convinced myself to the other side. I'm not a gun guy but unless there's a device Infantry can use to destroy far away artillery pieces I think Pre 1900 could win through whittling them down.

Requiem

That would be no joke, and limited to infantry the modern army would be hard pressed to counter.
I'm assuming the modern infantry would still have access to things like RPGs/rocket launchers, right? And sniper rifles?

Sure, the pre-1900s artillery would be troubling, but there's still plenty of equipment modern infantry could use against something like that.

TimTh33nchant3r

Pre doesn't necessarily have numbers, on account of huge population growth and China being a thing. Someone else can work the math on that. But the final version of the challenge ended up with restrictions on the modern side including:
- Present-day only,
- Active duty footmen only,
...actually, I think that covers it.

Oh. Also, the pre-1900's side isn't restricted to infantry. They get to use all armed forces.

So... yeah. Much harder to call.
Infantry with vehicles, or without? Mechanized infantry would whoop shit on anything that far back; the mobility advantage is too strong. It'd be closer without them, but I'm still going to lean toward modern infantry on account of the sheer difference in volume of fire available. The modern soldier can fire several times as many bullets as a comparable infantryman of that earlier era.

On the other hand, artillery is really dangerous, and without vehicular advantage, modern soldiers would likely have to wait it out.

On the OTHER other hand, modern infantry can carry mortars with them. So again, it kind of comes down to how you define infantry. The idea of counter-battery fire with man-portable mortars is kind of weird to me though for some reason.

Overall, 9.5/10 in favor of modern infantry. Technology whoops ass.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
That, and you have to keep in mind the affect that sheer terror and bewitchment would have on the pre-1900 armies. Modern technology would be indistinguishable from magic for a large portion of the pre-1900 crowd, and fighting wizards is scary.

AndyM03

Spot on TC, any total war/history fag knows the importance of morale on the battlefield.

Top Bottom