Continuous Who Would Win? [Fight 3: Goku vs Superman]]

Requiem

That is a very good point though.

Depending on if they're going up against just pre-1900s military or turn of the last millennium military, they could scare the enemy away (though for sake of a fight, we'll say they whole army doesn't turn and run). Any military with an understanding of gunpowder would be less affected by their superior technology in terms of morale (but seeing your colonial soldier buddy torn to shreds by some armored husk of a monster pulling the trigger on his God Rifle for literally a second would have to be pretty fucking morale decreasing, all things considered).

Now I suddenly want to see what people would say about British Imperial Forces fighting Vietcong... hm.

AndyM03

It's not just that they wouldn't be able to comprehend the weapon, it's that our weapons would cause death on a scale they wouldn't be prepared for.
They would have no defence from gas and chemical weapons, and every modern soldier would have what pre modern soldiers could only set up with artillery pieces (gatling guns, rpgs, etc).

The biggest napoleonic cannons are only 1800 meters, so I reckon modern would win, assuming a 1900 cannon could hit up to like 5 kilometers or so. It's a long distance but modern hand held weapons could fight it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Modern armies don't use mustard gas and don't necessarily have the advantage in discipline. US infantry deploys after what, like two months of basic training? And they're actually probably gonna be in the global top 50% there. Additionally, the past has a much greater selection of exceptional strategists to lead them, some of which would be pretty typically quick to start capturing modern supplies and armament after some initial well-placed ambushes.

Also, gunpowder's been around since wayyyyy before 1900. And while your average early-times dude didn't have quite the depth of scientific knowledge that your average modern-times dude does, (which is still not very good at all), you're gonna fuckin' die if you count on them being the kind to turn tail and scream witchcraft every time a new type of weapon shows up.

Back to the current topic:

1) I give myself a 9/10 given equal levels of sobriety, down to maybe 7/10 if I'm pretty drunk and Tirin isn't. I can spar at a professional level, and it's genuinely fair to say that almost literally nobody at all - bar the very toppest of the very top - can just tank me hitting them out of sheer stubbornness. (Although avoiding or blocking those hits is, of course, another matter entirely.) In fact, I would go 10/10 in the first case, but Tirin's the type to potentially start grabbing bottles and barstools and shit when he's losing at fisticuffs, and I'm not. I'd pretty much let go of all restraint and go full elimination mode with anybody who actually tried that on me, though, so he'd really have to make the first swing count.

2) I actually give forum myself a solid 3/10 here, because I figure saying "fight without time-fuckery or no balls" is about that likely to actually work.

3) Needs more data on Tirin's limitations. Exceptional physical strength doesn't do anything against bullshit time magics, but if strength of will does then I'm literally unaffected by them and score a solid 10/10 in this scenario. If not, 0/10, because I'm not even gonna try the strategy from scenario 2. I'll just start leveling absolutely fucking everything.

Last edited:

Steal Thy Kill

1) Call Easy Saitama, because Tirin's gonna go down in one punch

2) It's hard because the only real specification regarding Tirin's time powers is that they're not infinite and he has only so much juice. But gonna go with Easy's line of argument and say that "fight without time-fuckery or no balls" will work a decent amount of the time. This is Easy being smart and going for Tirin's weakness: his ego.

3) Again, need specifications on Tirin's time powers. If Easy's rage can break them, then Tirin is fucked. Otherwise Easy is fucked barring the above "fight fair or no balls" thing.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
2) I actually give forum myself a solid 3/10 here, because I figure saying "fight without time-fuckery or no balls" is about that likely to actually work.
Easily your best bet here.

3) Needs more data on Tirin's limitations. Exceptional physical strength doesn't do anything against bullshit time magics, but if strength of will does then I'm literally unaffected by them and score a solid 10/10 in this scenario. If not, 0/10, because I'm not even gonna try the strategy from scenario 2. I'll just start leveling absolutely fucking everything.
Come on, now, anyone who's anyone knows that time-based powers aren't limited to time stops. Even if you could will your way through those - I would think impossible - I could age the wood under your feet (or over your head) into rot or blink back to where I was seconds ago. And even in your rudeness-induced rage, you ain't gonna one-shot me - sheeit, you ain't done shit before.

3) Again, need specifications on Tirin's time powers. If Easy's rage can break them, then Tirin is fucked. Otherwise Easy is fucked barring the above "fight fair or no balls" thing.
Brains are better than balls 100% of the time, every time. I'm not gonna get myself killed just 'cause Easy thought his best chance to do it was appealing to my ego.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Come on, now, anyone who's anyone knows that time-based powers aren't limited to time stops. Even if you could will your way through those - I would think impossible - I could age the wood under your feet (or over your head) into rot or blink back to where I was seconds ago. And even in your rudeness-induced rage, you ain't gonna one-shot me - sheeit, you ain't done shit before.
If there's even the slightest extra increase in energy draw associated with holding a more willful opponent in stasis, which is something that does make sense both intuitively and for narrative purposes (since the passage of time for a person can be directly tied to his/her mental state even in normal circumstances, after all), then infinite rage must necessarily guarantee total immunity. That's mathematically inescapable.

And at that level of rage, such minor displacements would barely slow me down. Hell, the Inquirer itself would barely slow me down. Forum lore me once casually squeezed coal into diamond in his fist while in a good mood, and would likely tear that entire building down in seconds while berserkin'. And since the ability to charge your location is more sustainable and reliable than your ability to blink away, that scenario has to end one of three ways: Tirin flees the battleground (forfeit), Tirin apologizes (unrealistic), or Tirin dies.

Actually, the fourth possible outcome is: Tirin remembers his ongoing commitment to personal honesty, and retracts the offending statement in recognition of his understanding that it's a filthy lie, while nonetheless refusing to apologize for it. In which case we're basically back to Scenario 2.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If there's even the slightest extra increase in energy draw associated with holding a more willful opponent in stasis, which is something that does make sense both intuitively and for narrative purposes (since the passage of time for a person can be directly tied to his/her mental state even in normal circumstances, after all)
Your perception of time does not factor into the actual passage of it, and my powers are the real deal, not some little-leagues Code Geass bullshit.

infinite rage must necessarily guarantee total immunity. That's mathematically inescapable.
Your "infinite" rage hasn't come up any of the other times I've called you a stinking, filthy degenerate Czech, and frankly I'm not too worried about it now. No matter how upset you may be, it doesn't come close to infinite.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your perception of time does not factor into the actual passage of it, and my powers are the real deal, not some little-leagues Code Geass bullshit.
Debatable. Isn't it commonly understood that happier people don't age as quickly as unhappy people?

Besides which, forum lore's always been written to give priority to Rule of Cool, and the proposed interpretation makes for way cooler fight scenes than the alternative. In this scenario, and any others which forum Tirin is involved in.
Your "infinite" rage hasn't come up any of the other times I've called you a stinking, filthy degenerate Czech, and frankly I'm not too worried about it now. No matter how upset you may be, it doesn't come close to infinite.
Forum lore me isn't real life me, just as forum lore you isn't real life you. In reality, I'm a pretty nice guy who's generally nonviolent and doesn't really like hurting people, but who loves a good fight, and who does it pretty exceptionally well... but I'd beat you bloody for showing that kind of disrespect to my face. I can take a joke better than just about anyone I know, but there's such a thing as going too far.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Debatable. Isn't it commonly understood that happier people don't age as quickly as unhappy people?
That just shows that the aging process isn't determined solely by the physical passage of time - and this idea is at least supported by anecdotal evidence, since I'm sure you and many others know or have met people who've looked absolutely decrepit as early as their late 50s (certainly I have), while other people age pretty damn well.

It does not, however, say anything about how time actually works, and this also makes sense: seconds still pass regardless of how quickly or slowly you perceive them, or even whether you perceive them at all.

Besides which, forum lore's always been written to give priority to Rule of Cool, and the proposed interpretation makes for way cooler fight scenes than the alternative. In this scenario, and any others which forum Tirin is involved in.
I'm cool enough without letting people pull a win from the Will saves they shouldn't get.

Forum lore me isn't real life me, just as forum lore you isn't real life you. In reality, I'm a pretty nice guy who's generally nonviolent and doesn't really like hurting people, but who loves a good fight, and who does it pretty exceptionally well... but I'd beat you bloody for showing that kind of disrespect to my face. I can take a joke better than just about anyone I know, but there's such a thing as going too far.
If that's all it takes to get you throwin' hands, you've got soft skin and poor self-control. Man the fuck up.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That just shows that the aging process isn't determined solely by the physical passage of time - and this idea is at least supported by anecdotal evidence, since I'm sure you and many others know or have met people who've looked absolutely decrepit as early as their late 50s (certainly I have), while other people age pretty damn well.

It does not, however, say anything about how time actually works, and this also makes sense: seconds still pass regardless of how quickly or slowly you perceive them, or even whether you perceive them at all.
You and I both know that a second can pass by on a clock in one place while a different amount of time is passing for a clock elsewhere. The most provable example being the experiment where one of said clocks is traveling at high speed in relation to the other.
I'm cool enough without letting people pull a win from the Will saves they shouldn't get.
Will saves are legit; nobody likes a God Mode Stu.
If that's all it takes to get you throwin' hands, you've got soft skin and poor self-control. Man the fuck up.
Oh, it'd be a controlled beating. I've almost literally never attacked anyone outside of sparring or competitive matches in my life, and never from loss of restraint. It's just that sometimes, in some rare and extreme cases, physical retribution is the most appropriate and necessary response. I may not actually like it, but it's something I'll absolutely do if I feel that I have to.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
You and I both know that a second can pass by on a clock in one place while a different amount of time is passing for a clock elsewhere. The most provable example being the experiment where one of said clocks is traveling at high speed in relation to the other.
The fact remains that in almost all such circumstances time continues to move forward for both clocks, barring one of them moving at the speed of light, and no amount of anger on your part would be able to damage (or, for that matter, hope to connect with) something capable of moving that fast on a whim. If that's the alternative you're suggesting to deific magic, be my guest - you'd be entirely fucked either way.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
If you wanna stick to the science on this one, be my guest - but you've got your clocks mixed up. I'd be the lightspeed one. You'd be the one having to deal with the issue of damaging or hoping to connect with the thing for which time is not passing.

It's really better to just hand-wave it with magic, though. And interpretations of magic as a narrative device most often correlate spell power and spell resistance to force of will, cause it's lame otherwise.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
interpretations of magic as a narrative device most often correlate spell power and spell resistance to force of will, cause it's lame otherwise.
Making this a contest of will would be your undoing. Your anger does not give you willpower, no matter how much you might think otherwise, and I outstrip you in that regard.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That hubris will be your undoing, since you'll be tempted to try it. Anyone can match their will against yours if the difference in motivations is great enough, and my willpower already exceeds yours as it is.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
What, down to baseless slander already? You really can't match wills with me at all, to be giving up so easily.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'd have had to say something false for it to be slander, Easy. Try to keep up.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Pretty sure I covered that when I called it "baseless," Tirin. Be slower, why don't you?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It's got a pretty damn solid base in your heritage as a Czech Protestant.

Top Bottom