Continuous Who Would Win? [Fight 3: Goku vs Superman]]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I don't think Krillin actually has many feats, so really the only way to determine his strength is by comparing him to the characters around him. With that in mind, at his very strongest in the series he is probably about on par with Frieza's final form, which has some pretty fucking badass feats (and, of course, the power to accomplish any other Frieza feats).

Frieza can blow up planets without any trouble, is more durable than planets, can rip the limbs off of powerful warriors (in this case, Nail), and move faster than (Namek saga) Vegeta and Gohan can react to.

What's Genos got?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Aaand then I realized I'd been spelling "Krillin" wrong all this time.

Anyway, down to business:

stuff
I don't think Krillin actually has many feats, so really the only way to determine his strength is by comparing him to the characters around him. With that in mind, at his very strongest in the series he is probably about on par with Frieza's final form
Wait, say what?

Honestly, I've only ever seen the Abridged series, but... how do you figure? Cell saga's the end of it, right?

Cause if Krillin actually hits FFF-level then, shit. Everything I was going to say goes right out the window.

Requiem

Nah, it goes up to Buu, plus there's tons of movies. Then there's Dragon Ball Super which is the new series which is canon as well. I haven't watched any of Super yet, though.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Krillin fought roughly on par with (a) Cell Jr. in the Cell Saga; even Vegeta, Goku, and Trunks, all of whom were stronger than Frieza while in their base forms at this point in the series, had to go Super Saiyan to beat their own Cell Jrs.

From this, we can conclude that Krillin is somewhere in the neighborhood of Frieza's final form, and possibly even stronger than that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Stuff from Super and the movies wouldn't apply, mind you, but I'm guessing it'd get pretty one-sided if Krillin keeps getting stronger through the Buu stuff. Movin' to shift over to Cell-saga Krillin.
Krillin fought roughly on par with (a) Cell Jr. in the Cell Saga; even Vegeta, Goku, and Trunks, all of whom were stronger than Frieza while in their base forms at this point in the series, had to go Super Saiyan to beat their own Cell Jrs.

From this, we can conclude that Krillin is somewhere in the neighborhood of Frieza's final form, and possibly even stronger than that.
Vegeta, Goku, and Trunks were already worn out from fighting Cell, though.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Fair enough - but Goku's Cell Jr. wasn't just made a chump and proved capable of landing some pretty solid and damaging blows, where Frieza was all but completely outclassed by a similarly-exhausted Super Saiyan Goku (even after he'd buffed himself to 100% power).

Lotus

Krillin is also a master of a lot of different techniques, more than most of the other Z Fighters. He never had the raw power of anyone else, but he always had something in his bag of tricks that was perfect for a given situation.

I have no idea who Genos is, so I can't actually weigh in properly for this fight.

Whitetiger

Krillin is really strong by the time the Cell Saga comes along, despite not being able to go Super Saiyan (cause he's human). And may still be weaker than the Saiyans and maybe Tien, but he's absolutely powerful by OPM standards. I think he would wipe the floor with base Genos and maybe arms mode Genos. I don't know about Machine God Genos.

I will say that if Genos can dodge Destructo Disc, he has a decent shot. But Destructo Disc can cut through like fucking everything. Nappa is several times more powerful than Krillin at the start of the Saiyan saga and even Vegeta senses it's stupid powerful and tells Nappa to dodge. I believe Destructo Disc cut off both Vegeta and Frieza's tails as well. It doesn't matter how much more powerful of an opponent Krillin faces, his Disc will probably one shot. Granted it's a pretty slow move so he'd probably have to catch them unawares somehow.

Perhaps if Genos easily blocked a bunch of Ki blasts and then expected the Destructo Disc to be just as weak he'd die, but I don't know how much he would underestimate him. After all, he's seen the power of one bald martial artist, maybe he'd fear Krillin lol.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Destructo Disc didn't cut off Vegeta's tail (Vegeta juked), but could have done so. It did get Frieza's tail, though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Alright, so let's work with Cell Saga Krillin. Watching his fights, I'd be inclined to put it down something like this:

Round 1: Krillin. Base Genos has far less speed, power, and combat training (and probably experience) than Krillin does, while also appearing to be much less durable. Also, he can't fly, and he's more reckless by far. Not a good combination. Krillin regularly takes the kind of hits that base Genos can dish out with his machinegun blow, and it's unlikely that the incineration cannon will even manage to hit him, let alone significantly damage him, at that level of speed and power.

The only hope Genos really has, in fact, is his ability to blow up the space of a city block centered on himself, as he did to counter the mosquito swarm in Ep 2. Given the (lack of) damage apparently caused to surrounding architecture by this move, though, it's unlikely that it'd much harm somebody who frequently survives getting thrown through boulders.

...actually, there's that, and also the same kind of blast he used to destroy the House of Evolution HQ. DBZ characters often just inexplicably stand in front of their opponents and watch while some large, excessively destructive beam weapon is being prepared at them, so it's possible that he'd just try to tank it.

Round 2: I'd actually be inclined to go with Arms Mode Genos. His speed's at least pretty on par with Krillin's, he has some flight capability, and he can regularly spam out more destructive power (e.g., tearing up cliff walls as in the Saitama fight), than, to the best of my recollection, I've ever seen Krillin successfully tank. His durability has been greatly enhanced as well, to the point where Krillin may actually need a Kienzan just to hurt him in the first place. Given Genos's record at this point, though, it's not unlikely that he'd get careless enough to actually let that Kienzan connect, which would be a game-breaker.

Genos being the cyborg that he is, Krillin's other abilities - namely, sensing/hiding power level and his Solar Flare, - are just less effective answers to Genos's Lightning Eye and his ability to scan for life signs.

Round 3: Combat data on Genos's G4 upgrades is limited at this point, but so far he's demonstrated comparable power to Arms Mode, while also being capable of moving faster than the speed of sound (in atmo) with negligible acceleration time. Since this means that even the slightest, most last-second effort on Genos's part allows him to easily dodge the Kienzan, (and anything else Krillin's got, really), I'd go with a pretty solid win for Genos here.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Uh... Krillin is really, really easily supersonic, and DBZ characters have planet-destroying levels of firepower as early as the Saiyan Saga. Krillin certainly would by the end of the Cell Saga, since he knows the Kamehameha and has a fuckhuge power level for a human.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Uh... Krillin is really, really easily supersonic,
Unlikely, or he wouldn't be able to speak to other characters while flying at top speed. Sure, a lot of times he appears to blur out of sight and then reappear elsewhere over short distances, but that's more justifiably put down to Toei's animation. Otherwise we'd have to assume that One Piece's Bellamy, for example, is supersonic, even though he does that sort of thing while continuously rambling at everybody in the area. We'd also have to assume that Arms Mode Genos was already supersonic in the first place, since he does that at certain points as well.
and DBZ characters have planet-destroying levels of firepower as early as the Saiyan Saga. Krillin certainly would by the end of the Cell Saga, since he knows the Kamehameha and has a fuckhuge power level for a human.
Yeah, no. Power levels can go hang. Tien Kikoho'd the planet with absolutely everything he had towards the end of that saga, and didn't even come close to anything close to destroying it. Even Vegeta had to go second form super saiyan and charge up hella power to make an attack of that level.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
But Tien can't possibly be weaker in Cell Saga than Saiyan Saga Filler Vegeta was, either. So that planet simply must have been a lot more explode-able than Earth is.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Regardless of his intentions, he blasted everything he had right into the Earth's surface and hardly made a scratch. Didn't break through to the mantle, even. Meanwhile, second form super saiyan Vegeta spent over three full minutes charging his ki blast before anyone even mentioned the possibility of its destroying Earth, and Krillin got TKO'd hitting it with way less power than either of them.

Lotus

The Galick Gun is a planet busting move. It's designed to core a planet. I'm pretty sure Tien's Tribeam has a maximum effective range. It's like comparing the impact force of an anti-tank round and a shotgun shell. The anti-tank round is designed to bore through the hardest of materials to pierce within, the shotgun shell just damages the surface a ton.

Lotus

Though, even from seeing the little bit of Genos that I've seen (Episode 6 so far) Krillin wouldn't fight. It would work out like the fight with the androids. He'd not be able to sense Genos, presumably, as canon for DBZ android and cyborgs, and would see the devastation that Genos is capable of. Krillin would lock up in fear and Genos would win without much of a fight at all.

Top Bottom